Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 127

Thread: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

  1. #51
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Actually it could be construed treason in this case because of the nature of the statements, it's too serious of a charge to apply for this particular stupid un-american statement IMO but a political opponent with a creative side and good grasp of semantics could have a chance of making a treason charge stick against Pelosi.
    I just think it's a term that gets thrown around too much. Terrorist is another one. Hyper-partisan people somehow feel justified in assigning these terms to people simply because they don't agree with them. Both sides are guilty of this. I'm not going to stop pointing out the absurdity of this.

  2. #52
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,582

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I just think it's a term that gets thrown around too much. Terrorist is another one. Hyper-partisan people somehow feel justified in assigning these terms to people simply because they don't agree with them. Both sides are guilty of this. I'm not going to stop pointing out the absurdity of this.



    "hyper-partisan" is another one thrown around too much. Just sayin...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #53
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    "hyper-partisan" is another one thrown around too much. Just sayin...
    It's a word thrown around this forum too much, I agree. The words "treason" and "terrorist" are overused on a far larger scale than "hyper-partisan". While it is an overused term I think it's pretty apt and certainly not as serious of a charge to make as "treason" or "terrorist".

  4. #54
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    "hyper-partisan" is another one thrown around too much. Just sayin...
    yeah i was going to dig up the Capn's post requesting less hyper-partisanship, and show him how it has backfired to a degree

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  5. #55
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,449
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    "hyper-partisan" is another one thrown around too much. Just sayin...
    Yep.

    I'm a partisan, but it seems holding clear, consistent Conservative values and trying to unpartisanize the opposition from their nice intentions but flawed logic makes you "hyper-hyper."

    Same goes with having fun with the wackos in their party to try and illustrate what they're linked to.

    YouTube - Scooter - Hyper Hyper
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-19-09 at 02:23 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #56
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,441

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Oh, bull. Carceration is a maximally effective deterrent.
    No it's not. It's effective only on certain types of individuals, but in general is almost completely ineffective. Look up the word "recidivism" and let's revisit what effect incarceration has on deterring criminal activity. People decide to obey the law because they are lawful, not so much because they don't want to go to jail. People who commit crime have already determined that jail is worth the risk.

    Make the employment of more than five illegal aliens a felony and start putting their employers in the federal penitentiary.
    Sounds pretty easy. Determining who is actually responsible might be a bit difficult.

    That'll deter the crap out of the illegal alien business.
    Hefty fines would have the same effect and not cost nearly as much as incarcerating people. The problem as it stands is that there are no real consequences because we aren't enforcing the laws we already have. Besides if your theory were true, you would see much less white collar crime, and that is what this is when it comes to hiring illegals. People who are intent on committing crime will not focus on the incarceration part, they will focus on how to not get caught.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #57
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,441

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Hyper partisan is a very apt term when applied to people like zimmer and TD for example. I don't mind that they hold "consistent conservative values," it's their blind allegiance to the mantra that all things liberal are automatically bad and their constant caterwauling and gross categorization of "democrats" and "liberals." It's ignorant. The same can be said for certain posters on the left.

    There are posters on this forum that you know are true blue conservatives but don't frequently engage in making broad and sweeping comments in which they lump all people of a particular political persuasion together just because.

    Hyper partisan works.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-19-09 at 02:29 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #58
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,441

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yep.

    I'm a partisan, but it seems holding clear, consistent Conservative values and trying to unpartisanize the opposition from their nice intentions but flawed logic makes you "hyper-hyper."

    Same goes with having fun with the wackos in their party to try and illustrate what they're linked to.

    YouTube - Scooter - Hyper Hyper
    This is a prime example of your hyper partisanship seeping through. Guilt by association at all costs, if you are liberal you are wrong, no matter to what degree you are liberal. The term fits you perfectly.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #59
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I just think it's a term that gets thrown around too much. Terrorist is another one. Hyper-partisan people somehow feel justified in assigning these terms to people simply because they don't agree with them. Both sides are guilty of this. I'm not going to stop pointing out the absurdity of this.
    Treason is a specific charge, Pelosi can easily be removed from office according to the constitutional amendment 14, section 2: The Constitution of the United States: Amendments 11-27 From that link
    Section 3.
    No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
    Sounds like a violation of her duty as a sworn congresswoman to me. This guy summed it up well Committing Treason, and here is article III, section 3: FindLaw: U.S. Constitution: Article III: Annotations pg. 24 of 25 While treason is overused it could be applied to Pelosi's statements relatively easily. As far as terrorists go, if you use terror to get your point across you are a terrorist, many environmental and animal rights groups in the U.S. qualify as much as the Wahabi sects of the middle east. I'm not assigning treason to Pelosi cause I hate her, only because she basically fits the definition this time.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #60
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Treason is a specific charge, Pelosi can easily be removed from office according to the constitutional amendment 14, section 2: The Constitution of the United States: Amendments 11-27 From that link
    Sounds like a violation of her duty as a sworn congresswoman to me. This guy summed it up well Committing Treason, and here is article III, section 3: FindLaw: U.S. Constitution: Article III: Annotations pg. 24 of 25 While treason is overused it could be applied to Pelosi's statements relatively easily. As far as terrorists go, if you use terror to get your point across you are a terrorist, many environmental and animal rights groups in the U.S. qualify as much as the Wahabi sects of the middle east. I'm not assigning treason to Pelosi cause I hate her, only because she basically fits the definition this time.
    I'm not a big fan of Pelosi either, I was just illustrating that I think the term far too often gets thrown around and assigned to people just because one doesn't agree with their political views. That's just stupid to me.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •