Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 127

Thread: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

  1. #41
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,459

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Thanks for your service.
    It was an honor.

    The statements are not ignorant, they are historically accurate.

    Look back at John Kerry and Vietnam.
    Look at how they treated Reagan.
    How they've behaved since The Church Hearings.
    Bush 43.
    Look at what the libs cut with predictability: The military and intel services.
    How they talk about our troops during war. "Terrorists", "terrorizing", "Nazi's",and that from the Dem leadership including Obama.

    Sorry, libs have a long record of hostility to the military, police and intel.

    It is why 911 rocked their world.
    They knew they had trouble considering their history.
    It is why the D's in the Senate begged for a second vote.

    Then when things got tough they recanted and went back to their philosophical home.
    Beating our troops, reveling in counting the dead, crapping on our generals.

    It's what modern libs do... have done and continue to do.
    It's their record.
    They earned it.

    You really do have a short memory.
    No, it's what some libs do. Not all. And that is my point with you. You always generalize out of partisan political expediency.

    And I've heard ICE agents claim there were not separations.
    Maybe there weren't in the cases they worked.

    I don't really care if there are.
    I do because it's much more costly to the state when they do separate parents from children.
    They are illegals.
    It was their choice to challenge the law.
    That some discomfort and short term separation may ensue does not bother me.
    Agreed, but it's fiscally irresponsible when you have alternative options at your disposal. There is no immediate threat to society from a peaceful illegal immigrant who is only here working and living with their children.

    While the core of the issue is the illegality, it's not the real crux of the problem. It's the expense to you and I that illegal immigration results in. All we do is compound the expense when make mass arrests and separate families. Because right now we almost always release the majority of offenders. About the only ones we deport are those with actual criminal histories or pending cases in court for certain offenses. What's the point of basically inconveniencing these people if we are just doing "catch and release" enforcement? It costs us substantially to house them, feed them, we immediately assume medical liability, jails are immediately pushed to capacity. I believe we must focus neutralizing the draw that brings them up here. Force compliance by employers who willfully violate the law and the jobs dry up. It will also encourage many of them to get in line for the process of becoming legal. Take some of that spendulus money and put more cops or even armed soldiers on that damned border and start building.

    No problem... I'll set up a money exchange for them.
    Let me know if you need help on that.
    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #42
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,451
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    No, it's what some libs do. Not all. And that is my point with you. You always generalize out of partisan political expediency.
    Sorry.
    We saw what you folks did. Since the 1970's.

    Let's take very recent history.
    There was one lone voice of opposition in the Lib party and you folks set out to destroy him.
    Lieberman.

    There was NO tolerance for opposing views concerning Iraq.
    None.

    In fact, your leader declared the US Military "lost".

    The frenzy you folks ignited among your party was nothing short of hysteria.
    Blind hatred.
    I'm not one to use the word "hate" too much, it has a specific meaning... loss of emotional control accompanied by inner fits of rage... being part of it... but in this instance I'm at a loss for something to replace that word.

    In any event, I remember The Libs repugnant behavior clearly.

    It was simply difficult to believe these people were or are Americans.

    They behaved like the enemy. At a minimum, they were their propagandists.

    I do because it's much more costly to the state when they do separate parents from children.
    By putting our laws before their family for a couple weeks might help reduce illegals by showing we mean business.

    A deterrent.

    I'll accept the cost in this instance.
    It's for protection of the borders and nation.
    Playing by the rules. The law.
    It's Constitutional.

    Agreed, but it's fiscally irresponsible when you have alternative options at your disposal. There is no immediate threat to society from a peaceful illegal immigrant who is only here working and living with their children.
    I don't know if these people are peaceful.
    They have not been vetted for citizenship.
    I have no idea who they are or their record before entering the US.


    While the core of the issue is the illegality, it's not the real crux of the problem. It's the expense to you and I that illegal immigration results in. All we do is compound the expense when make mass arrests and separate families. Because right now we almost always release the majority of offenders. About the only ones we deport are those with actual criminal histories or pending cases in court for certain offenses. What's the point of basically inconveniencing these people if we are just doing "catch and release" enforcement? It costs us substantially to house them, feed them, we immediately assume medical liability, jails are immediately pushed to capacity. I believe we must focus neutralizing the draw that brings them up here. Force compliance by employers who willfully violate the law and the jobs dry up. It will also encourage many of them to get in line for the process of becoming legal. Take some of that spendulus money and put more cops or even armed soldiers on that damned border and start building.
    In the beginning there may be higher initial costs.
    That is OK, so long as the program reduces costs and illegals over the long haul.

    Reagan's Amnesty was supposed to signal a New Start... or was that "Overcharge" to the illegal immigration challenge.

    Same with in the 60's... where Sen. Kennedy claimed all problems would be solved. Wrong.

    The High Price Today of Immigration Reform in 1965
    Chief among national concerns was total numeric immigration. Senate floor manager and Camelot knight-errant Ted Kennedy assured jittery senators that "our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually." Senator Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii, further calmed that august body, insisting "the total number of potential immigrants would not be changed very much." Time has proven otherwise. Average immigration levels before the 1965 amendments took effect hovered around 300,000 per annum. Yet 1,045,000 legal immigrants flooded our cities in 1996 alone.
    Now we have 20 million illegals doing work Americans won't do...

    It's time to step on some necks and get control of our borders in a professional, surgical manner.
    I don't care if it costs more.
    That job is fundamental to our prosperity, security, and it is Constitutional.

    Social engineering, which eats trillions... is not.
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-19-09 at 11:49 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #43
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,459

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Sorry.
    We saw what you folks did. Since the 1970's.

    Let's take very recent history.
    There was one lone voice of opposition in the Lib party and you folks set out to destroy him.
    Lieberman.

    There was NO tolerance for opposing views concerning Iraq.
    None.

    In fact, your leader declared the US Military "lost".

    The frenzy you folks ignited among your party was nothing short of hysteria.
    Blind hatred.
    I'm not one to use the word "hate" too much, it has a specific meaning... loss of emotional control accompanied by inner fits of rage... being part of it... but in this instance I'm at a loss for something to replace that word.

    In any event, I remember The Libs repugnant behavior clearly.

    It was simply difficult to believe these people were or are Americans.

    They behaved like the enemy. At a minimum, they were their propagandists.
    Whatever you say zimmer.

    By putting our laws before their family for a couple weeks might help reduce illegals by showing we mean business.

    A deterrent.

    I'll accept the cost in this instance.
    It's for protection of the borders and nation.
    Playing by the rules. The law.
    It's Constitutional.
    Incarceration is not an effective deterrent, this has long been established. Especially for immigrants coming from countries like Mexico where the criminal justice/law enforcement system is corrupt almost to the core. Our jails are like resorts to these folks. If jailing them were a deterrent it would have worked years ago.

    I don't know if these people are peaceful.
    You do if you are an investigating officer and you check them out well enough.
    They have not been vetted for citizenship.
    Obviously.
    I have no idea who they are or their record before entering the US.
    So you can't assume they are guilty of anything. This is still the U.S.

    In the beginning there may be higher initial costs.
    That is OK, so long as the program reduces costs and illegals over the long haul.

    Reagan's Amnesty was supposed to signal a New Start... or was that "Overcharge" to the illegal immigration challenge.

    Same with in the 60's... where Sen. Kennedy claimed all problems would be solved. Wrong.

    The High Price Today of Immigration Reform in 1965


    Now we have 20 million illegals doing work Americans won't do...

    It's time to step on some necks and get control of our borders in a professional, surgical manner.
    I don't care if it costs more.
    That job is fundamental to our prosperity, security, and it is Constitutional.

    Social engineering, which eats trillions... is not.
    Pretty much agree with you on all of this.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #44
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,451
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Whatever you say zimmer.
    It's a bitter pill, but these folks earned it.
    Now you have to swallow hard.

    Wish it were otherwise, I really do.
    But the Libs record on National Security matters is abysmal.

    Incarceration is not an effective deterrent, this has long been established. Especially for immigrants coming from countries like Mexico where the criminal justice/law enforcement system is corrupt almost to the core. Our jails are like resorts to these folks. If jailing them were a deterrent it would have worked years ago.
    I'm not for incarcerating on a first offense.
    Catch, return and let's build a wall to keep them and potential terrorists out.

    For repeat offenders, they can go to the can.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Incarceration is not an effective deterrent, this has long been established. Especially for immigrants coming from countries like Mexico where the criminal justice/law enforcement system is corrupt almost to the core. Our jails are like resorts to these folks. If jailing them were a deterrent it would have worked years ago.
    Oh, bull. Carceration is a maximally effective deterrent.

    Make the employment of more than five illegal aliens a felony and start putting their employers in the federal penitentiary.

    That'll deter the crap out of the illegal alien business.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 03-19-09 at 01:47 PM.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    But the Libs record on National Security matters is abysmal.
    It's too perfectly wrong to be accidental.

    Since it can't be accidental, it's treason.

  7. #47
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    It's too perfectly wrong to be accidental.

    Since it can't be accidental, it's treason.
    I love how people on both sides of the political spectrum throw that word around like it's nothing. Treason is a very serious charge. If they were guilty of treason they would be charged as such. They aren't, however, guilty of treason just because some guy on a political debate board says so.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I love how people on both sides of the political spectrum throw that word around like it's nothing. Treason is a very serious charge. If they were guilty of treason they would be charged as such. They aren't, however, guilty of treason just because some guy on a political debate board says so.
    Deliberately destroying the United States is a serious crime. Why shouldn't the word treason be used to describe it?

    As for that "if they were guilty they'd be charged" nonsense, how about if you grew up?

  9. #49
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I love how people on both sides of the political spectrum throw that word around like it's nothing. Treason is a very serious charge. If they were guilty of treason they would be charged as such. They aren't, however, guilty of treason just because some guy on a political debate board says so.
    Actually it could be construed treason in this case because of the nature of the statements, it's too serious of a charge to apply for this particular stupid un-american statement IMO but a political opponent with a creative side and good grasp of semantics could have a chance of making a treason charge stick against Pelosi.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #50
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Deliberately destroying the United States is a serious crime. Why shouldn't the word treason be used to describe it?
    How are liberals deliberately trying to destroy the US? And treason shouldn't be used to describe it because it's a serious charge and it's up to our justice system to dole out treason charges, not hyper partisan people who post on debate forums.

    As for that "if they were guilty they'd be charged" nonsense, how about if you grew up?
    Nice ad-hom.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •