Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 402

Thread: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

  1. #231
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's disgusting to you, however, I have known someone that did porn and is absoultely proud of what she has done.
    She sounds nutty.

    She has made more money in a year than some do in 50. She has since quit and is raising her children along with a loving husband.
    Why did she quit if it's so lucrative? Let the hubby rear the kids. Her husband can't have all his screws. I highly doubt he does.

    The fact you and others find it a 'bad choice" is funny. Tell me do you bitch about a lawyer defending KNOWN criminals for money? Do you bitch about ambulance chasers? I doubt it.
    There are ethical problems with many lawyers I have no doubt.

    The fact America has a taboo against sex is funny when it embraces violent video games and hockey fights. Violence is ok but sex isn't go figure.
    Sex is sex. Violence is violence. Some might figure it's easier to realize violence is pretend. We've all seen Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner. We know it's fake and so do most kids. There's definitely something completely different about sex. Sex isn't just about sex. There's a sacredness to it, and I don't mean in the religious sense. It's a very complex function of humankind. We are the only animals that can also love our sex partners and have children with them. Mostly animals mate. It's a whole different ballgame.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  2. #232
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    I don't think you do because the fabulous call gal lifestyle which you love to brag about- where half decent women make oodles of money with each transaction- is essentially over when prostitution becomes legal.
    It's minimum wage all the way! No more high prices for most of them. They'll be too much competition.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  3. #233
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    She sounds nutty.
    Nutty? Why? Because she's proud of what she has done? It was a personal choice and I think it's extremely arrogant of you to call someone nuts just because they are happy with what they are doing.

    Sex is sex. Violence is violence. Some might figure it's easier to realize violence is pretend. We've all seen Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner. We know it's fake and so do most kids. There's definitely something completely different about sex. Sex isn't just about sex. There's a sacredness to it, and I don't mean in the religious sense. It's a very complex function of humankind. We are the only animals that can also love our sex partners and have children with them. Mostly animals mate. It's a whole different ballgame.
    So you have had a sacred connection with every person you've had sex with? Come on! It's just sex. Obviously sex is far more sacred and important when it is with someone you care about or love. I will never understand the nonsensical importance that people like you automatically place on sex like it's this big important thing. It's a way for people to procreate or to make each other feel good. That's it.

  4. #234
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Nutty? Why? Because she's proud of what she has done? It was a personal choice and I think it's extremely arrogant of you to call someone nuts just because they are happy with what they are doing.

    So you have had a sacred connection with every person you've had sex with? Come on! It's just sex. Obviously sex is far more sacred and important when it is with someone you care about or love. I will never understand the nonsensical importance that people like you automatically place on sex like it's this big important thing. It's a way for people to procreate or to make each other feel good. That's it.
    I doubt she's really proud of it. I can't see where it's something to be proud of. Most jobs are just jobs. There's no huge pride in doing them.

    Seems logical that some things should be sacred to humans, that's why we can think, and feel, and care about each other. Take that away, and what do you have? Nothing. Empty shells.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  5. #235
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    I doubt she's really proud of it. I can't see where it's something to be proud of. Most jobs are just jobs. There's no huge pride in doing them.
    Yay, more arrogance! Who are you to presume whether someone is genuinely happy with their career choice? I have a friend in the industry and she's happy with her choices too. People are individuals and they each have different views. Not everyone has the same negative stigma about porno and prostitutes as you do.

    Seems logical that some things should be sacred to humans, that's why we can think, and feel, and care about each other. Take that away, and what do you have? Nothing. Empty shells.
    Sex isn't inherently sacred. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't. It can be sacred depending on the context, absolutely. When you are with someone that you love and care about it's obviously more sacred than an average fling that you have with someone that you barely know. I honestly don't know where you get the notion that it's always inherently sacred. Perhaps to you it sex is always sacred, but you don't speak for everyone.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    She sounds nutty.
    So to most conservatives to me. What's your point? That it is just your opinion? We got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    Why did she quit if it's so lucrative? Let the hubby rear the kids. Her husband can't have all his screws. I highly doubt he does.
    Money isn't everything to her and since she married, she just wants to be with her husband. Again, what's wrong with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    There are ethical problems with many lawyers I have no doubt.
    Yet, we don't see conservatives bitch about that. Maybe because those lawyers get conservatives off the hook eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    Sex isn't just about sex. There's a sacredness to it, and I don't mean in the religious sense.
    Again, this is YOUR opinion on sex. To others it is just sex, especially when it is for money. Just because YOU put a sacredness to it, doesn't mean everyone else does.

    Sacredness is quite subjective.

  7. #237
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Perhaps to you it sex is always sacred
    Lol yeah because he barely gets any.

    New Zealand here i come!!
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    I doubt she's really proud of it. I can't see where it's something to be proud of.
    Of course you can't see it, because you don't want to see it. Your against it so you can't see anyone else being proud of it. Sorry but your opinion is not everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    Seems logical that some things should be sacred to humans, that's why we can think, and feel, and care about each other. Take that away, and what do you have? Nothing. Empty shells.
    Again, you put a sacredness to sex. Good for you, not everyone else does.

  9. #239
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Sex is sacred? Why didn't anyone tell me this? I could have been bowing at the altar of dicks and putang for some time now.

    But seriously... no, it's not sacred. In fact, I can't really think of anything that IS 'sacred'. Guess you have to be religious or something to get the whole 'sacred' thing.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    I don't know about sacred but it is an intimate exchange between two persons which shouldn't be debased for a dollar.

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •