Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 402

Thread: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    So again, you're ok with Taliban like morality laws as long as they are voted in?

    And then why are bashing New Zealand. They're Democraticly elected government voted to legalize prostitution. That should be ok with you if voting is all that matters.
    Morality will always have a basis in law. This doesn't mean you've suddenly opened yourself up to some crack pot religious take over.

    Why can't a 34 year old man have sex with a 15 year old girl? Because she's a minor? So? What's wrong with screwing a minor?????
    Morality.

    Why can you give your kidney away but you can't sell it? Why aren't you allowed to sell or trade your organs????

    Morality.

    Why can't you have sex with dead people?

    Morality.

    Why can't you have sex with animals in most cities?

    Morality.

    I'm perfectly comfortable acknowledging that removal of the legal barrier between sex & retail fuels a demand that often leads to sex slaves and human trafficking thus it should be illegal. It's often associated with criminal activity thus it should be illegal. The women are often desperate when they get into the business and their health is measured often by their ability to get out of it thus it should be illegal.

  2. #122
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Yeah so lets just ignore the fact that Nevada is one of the main destinations for human trafficking in the US.
    That is a separate issue from prostitution. There is no evidence that any of the Nevada brothels engage in human trafficking.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Well next time you shouldn't post about slavery in a thread about prostitution.
    They're the same thing.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Proper regulation of prostitution will not eliminate human trafficking (nothing will) but it will make it more difficult to engage in. The Bunny Ranch is a perfect model of legalized prostitution; safe, humane, and efficient. I realize you consider prostitution to be morally repugnant but this is no excuse to drive the practice underground where women have absolutely no recourse to legal protection or safe working environments.

    The only way to ensure human trafficking occurs with regularity and virtual impunity is to create demand for it on the black market. Legalization and proper regulation will help eliminate this demand.
    You would think legalization would eliminate human trafficking. But around the world it's been just the opposite. So that ought to lead to a pause...

  5. #125
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Because when you use sex to make money and create a large demand for the buying of sex greedy folks (mostly men) are going to say, "Hey, you know what? We could be making 10 times what we're making now if only we had more whores. But we don't. How can we get some? Where can we get some?

    Human trafficking exists here in the US. Nevada is one of the main destinations. Why? Because prostitution is legal there. The demand there for "buying sex" is higher than in places where it is not legal. They have more customers than they have voluntary whores.
    You do realize that those sex-slaves are going to Las Vegas, where prostitution is NOT legal, right?

  6. #126
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Morality will always have a basis in law. This doesn't mean you've suddenly opened yourself up to some crack pot religious take over.

    Why can't a 34 year old man have sex with a 15 year old girl? Because she's a minor? So? What's wrong with screwing a minor?????
    Morality.

    Why can you give your kidney away but you can't sell it? Why aren't you allowed to sell or trade your organs????

    Morality.

    Why can't you have sex with dead people?

    Morality.

    Why can't you have sex with animals in most cities?

    Morality.

    I'm perfectly comfortable acknowledging that removal of the legal barrier between sex & retail fuels a demand that often leads to sex slaves and human trafficking thus it should be illegal. It's often associated with criminal activity thus it should be illegal. The women are often desperate when they get into the business and their health is measured often by their ability to get out of it thus it should be illegal.
    All of the things you listed are not illegal because of morality, they have an objective element in that they involve consent.

  7. #127
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    They're the same thing.
    Interesting. So voluntary employment is the same as involuntary enslavement in Jerryland. Your world is just curiouser and curiouser.

    Does black mean white too? Up is down?

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    One out 17 not neccisarily the top. And it does nott even mention a correalation btwn legal prostitution (BTW prostitution is illegal in LV) and legal prostitution much less a causation btwn legal prostitution in Nevada.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    You would think legalization would eliminate human trafficking. But around the world it's been just the opposite. So that ought to lead to a pause...
    I did not claim that legalization in and of itself would eliminate human trafficking, in fact, I readily admit that nothing can fully eliminate the practice. I said that proper regulation will make human trafficking more difficult and less profitable. Human trafficking has a large demand on the black market, legalized and well-regulated prostitution will virtually eliminate this black market. Conversely, criminalized prostitution sustains this black market and fuels demand for human trafficking.

  10. #130
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Selling sex legally in New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The only way to ensure human trafficking occurs with regularity and virtual impunity is to create demand for it on the black market. Legalization and proper regulation will help eliminate this demand.
    I disagree.

    The Netherlands is a primary country of destination for victims of human trafficking.

    Prostitution in the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Cigarettes are legal, it doesn't cut down on the black market sales.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/nyregion/02smoke.html
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •