Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 292

Thread: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for

  1. #51
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Of course it will. Higher risk = higher premium.
    I see your point. I may research to find out the rationale behind this suggestion. It does seem strange.

  2. #52
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    The U.S. is the only developed nation that has socialized health care for its soldiers but not for its own people. Until all tax payers get the equal treatment, I am not in favour of tax payer funded health care for soldiers. Soldiers get all the benefits in order to create incentives for more people to join - it's a recruiting tool.

    Conservatives in favour of socialized health care for soldiers yet accusing Obama of being a socialist for creating the same policy for everyone is laughably ironic.

    I also see the ad homs being dishes out but with no real arguments. Shows that none of you have a leg to stand on.
    Just an FYI, if you get hurt on the job - ANY JOB - your employer must pay for your medical treatment and lost wages. The government is no different.

  3. #53
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post


    A "free" ride? Our soldiers aren't "protecting anything"?
    Incredible...
    Yes, soldiers know the risks. They also know what they've been promised in exchange for taking those risks.

    So - when Saddam had his men shooting at our planes over the no-fly zone, do you think our response was offensive? I wonder what it would take for it to be considered defensive in your world
    I love this response. And Dix, thank you for the sacrifice your family has made for us.

    Hypocrit, my
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  4. #54
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,516

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    There is a very good reason the government has to insure wounded veterans, and cannot ask them to get private insurance. The private market is not going to provide any coverage. What free market enterprise can offer the coverage necessary to treat guys missing 6 feet of intestine, at an affordable premium? There is a reason that free market insurance doesn't want to cover pre-existing conditions like these. They cannot charge premiums to cover the costs. Or rather they could, but nobody could afford the premium levels.

    I'm not someone who likes being taxed that much, but among the few things I am absolutley be willing to pay taxes for, is for a strong robust military, care for its servicemen while active, and those wounded in the line of duty. These people actually make a difference, and are amongst the very few in our generation that make any kind of sacrifice these days, and the world is a better place because of them. You all supported my health via taxes when I was in the military, and I am proud to support other military members as well with the taxes I pay.



    HEAR! HEAR!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    It's you who are cherry picking by bringing up things I never even mentioned, assuming they are my position (when they aren't at all), and then saying I'm off topic. What a brilliant feat of logic.

    All I said, and I still believe, is that if the military gets socialized health care, then so should the American people. I never said anything about treating civilians as military personnel, that was your irrelevant diatribe. Tax payers pay for the military to get health care, and not just the ones in combat. Those even doing a peaceful tour get covered.
    You do realize that this is because they are considered the "property" of the United States government, right? That they have their rights severely restricted during the course of their service and that the government is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of its property.

    Since the government pays for oil changes and maintenance on its motor fleet, do you think it should pay for yours, too? Tell you what...when you start reporting for duty, gun in hand, ready to die for your country then you can bitch about the military being taken care of medically. When you let the government tell you where you can live, for how long, and when you can come and go when you get there, then you bitch about the benefits of the military.

    Every other developed nation covers everyone, civilian and military alike. I disagree with military getting special treatment. Sure they are defending society, but they are defending a society that is ill.
    Well if you don't like this society, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. If the society is that ill, perhaps you would be safest quarantining yourself to, say, Iran.

  6. #56
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,430
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    There is a very good reason the government has to insure wounded veterans, and cannot ask them to get private insurance. The private market is not going to provide any coverage. What free market enterprise can offer the coverage necessary to treat guys missing 6 feet of intestine, at an affordable premium? There is a reason that free market insurance doesn't want to cover pre-existing conditions like these. They cannot charge premiums to cover the costs. Or rather they could, but nobody could afford the premium levels.

    I'm not someone who likes being taxed that much, but among the few things I am absolutley be willing to pay taxes for, is for a strong robust military, care for its servicemen while active, and those wounded in the line of duty. These people actually make a difference, and are amongst the very few in our generation that make any kind of sacrifice these days, and the world is a better place because of them. You all supported my health via taxes when I was in the military, and I am proud to support other military members as well with the taxes I pay.
    Hear ye and hear him.

    Funding of the military is in our Founding Documents.
    It is to be funded by government for the common sense reasons espoused by WI C.

    The social engineering, choosing winners and losers, bail-out mania for a social program called Fannie and Freddie, The Great Society and Raw Deal, etc., etc., have no basis.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #57
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,516

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Is there any doubt of the contempt Obama holds the military in? I mean to even consider this in the middle of 2 wars is abhorrent.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    This is ironic, so called conservatives arguing against privatized insurance.
    It's ironic, an avowed socialist denying government services to someone that actually earned them....and needs them.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Oh yeah just toss the "free market" out, LOL

    No problem.

    The government, however, pays 100% of the costs, because it's the government that incurred the liability by getting that man injured.

  10. #60
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-02-09 @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    And he's sent his wife out on the trail to show they support the troops.
    Horse hockey.
    The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment


    I heard a Prof from Harvard speak about Obama, his arrogance and narrow mindedness.
    This is further proof.
    Like we needed any further proof as his voting record showed no bipartisanship.
    He voted party line all the time; that's how you get the most liberal record.

    He's just another lib that looks at the military as something to be cut and weakened.
    I find it incredible that he's doing this while sending his wife out to advocate for the troops. That's the biggest pile I've heard all day. I hope Obama doesn't say anything tomorrow.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •