Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 292

Thread: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for

  1. #211
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I wonder what kind of health care all the private contractors in Iraq ?
    You mean the employees of the contractors?
    Probably private insurance companies, paid for by their employer, the contractor.

  2. #212
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Hmmm. Throwing out an idea and only an idea in order to save the federal government some money. Yeah, that's a total leftist point of view.
    What are you talking about? I was referring to the general notion that "if the government wont do it nobody will." As I've alluded to in previous posts, I've been asking around and I haven't found a single person yet who would not willingly sacrifice a portion of their paycheck to pay for wounded soldiers.

  3. #213
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    What are you talking about? I was referring to the general notion that "if the government wont do it nobody will." As I've alluded to in previous posts, I've been asking around and I haven't found a single person yet who would not willingly sacrifice a portion of their paycheck to pay for wounded soldiers.
    Okay. That's not how I read your post. In a prior post in here, I mentioned the likely rationale for this suggestion, which appears to be of monetary concern. Obama has asked for MORE money for VA. During Bush's term, he had veterans assigned different priorities, and had to cut off a number of veterans from receiving health care at VA facilities. Obama is asking for that limitation to be removed by 2013. So don't give me this BS implication that leftists don't care about veterans or aren't willing to sacrifice a portion of their paycheck for wounded soldiers.

  4. #214
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Okay. That's not how I read your post. In a prior post in here, I mentioned the likely rationale for this suggestion, which appears to be of monetary concern. Obama has asked for MORE money for VA. During Bush's term, he had veterans assigned different priorities, and had to cut off a number of veterans from receiving health care at VA facilities. Obama is asking for that limitation to be removed by 2013. So don't give me this BS implication that leftists don't care about veterans or aren't willing to sacrifice a portion of their paycheck for wounded soldiers.
    I didn't imply that anywhere; you inferred it. I'll bet there are members of the radical left who would not be willing to pay; I'll even place money on it. These are the same folks who spit on our troops during the Vietnam War. These are the folks that need to just pack up and leave.

    Don't forget to donate guys:

    Clothing Donations.org

    Disabled American Veterans - Donate

  5. #215
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    I didn't imply that anywhere; you inferred it. I'll bet there are members of the radical left who would not be willing to pay; I'll even place money on it. These are the same folks who spit on our troops during the Vietnam War. These are the folks that need to just pack up and leave.

    Don't forget to donate guys:

    Clothing Donations.org

    Disabled American Veterans - Donate
    And I'll bet there are members on the radical right who would not be willing to pay.

    I see that you're nothing but a hyperpartisan person. See ya.

  6. #216
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    And I'll bet there are members on the radical right who would not be willing to pay.

    I see that you're nothing but a hyperpartisan person. See ya.
    Somehow, I doubt it.

    I'll just leave this right here.
    Last edited by BulletWounD; 03-18-09 at 04:17 PM.

  7. #217
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    And I'll bet there are members on the radical right who would not be willing to pay.
    She says this ^^^

    I see that you're nothing but a hyperpartisan person.
    And then she says this ^^^

    Irony so thick, you need a chainsaw.


  8. #218
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Somehow, I doubt it.
    Are you that blind? You feel like you can say for sure that ALL radical right wingers would support paying more money for wounded soldiers? ALL? ALL? Give me a break.

  9. #219
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Are you that blind? You feel like you can say for sure that ALL radical right wingers would support paying more money for wounded soldiers? ALL? ALL? Give me a break.
    I doubt any of them would be opposed to it for ideological reasons. There might be some who cannot pay because they are unable to due to fiscal restraints, but that's not what I'm talking about.

  10. #220
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    I doubt any of them would be opposed to it for ideological reasons. There might be some who cannot pay because they are unable to due to fiscal restraints, but that's not what I'm talking about.
    Do you genuinely believe that just because someone has certain political stances that you can somehow speak for every single person who has those political stances? How old are you?

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •