Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 292

Thread: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for

  1. #171
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is usually what happens when someone knows he is wrong.
    No, actually it's what happens when someone is tired of watching you post inaccurate information, and continue to refuse to admit you are wrong...which you are. It has already been explained to you that what the military receives is socialized medicine. And I have already pointed out precisely why folks like you would stay in denial and refuse to acknowledge that. Keep presenting your inaccurate information. Doesn't change that it's inaccurate.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #172
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, actually it's what happens when someone is tired of watching you post inaccurate information, and continue to refuse to admit you are wrong...which you are. It has already been explained to you that what the military receives is socialized medicine. And I have already pointed out precisely why folks like you would stay in denial and refuse to acknowledge that. Keep presenting your inaccurate information. Doesn't change that it's inaccurate.
    And, I have already explained to YOU that what the military receives is NOT socialized medicine. And I have already pointed out precisely why folks like YOU would stay in denial and refuse to acknowledge that.

    Keep presenting YOUR inaccurate information. Doesn't change that it's inaccurate.

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    If you notice, I am not against soldier's receiving benefits... I have said I can agree with it. People view my comments as controversial because they think my core message is that the military should not get benefits at all.

    My argument is two-fold...

    One, I am pointing out the obvious hypocrisy innate to the anti-UHC arguments created by Conservatives. Whether or not I agree with the military getting said benefits is not the issue, but rather it is clearly okay for socialized health care to exist in some instances. It's just a matter of who we think is more deserving, and that is subjective no matter what way you slice it. I just happen to fall on the side that thinks giving it to the military is okay.
    I was the one who brought this up and I agree with you...to a point. The hypocrisy is not universal. It is only contained by those who refuse to see the socialized aspect of the military's health care.

    Secondly, because I come from a nation that supports UHC, I think it is double standard to give it to the military but not to civilians who are in turn paying for military health care anyway. Clearly there is a system of standarized care that can exist in a financially abundant sector of the U.S. (the military), so why is it so unfathomable and controversial to expand this system to everyone else? Like I said, I understand giving it to the military and they should receive it, but on those grounds, so should everyone else.
    And this is where we part ways. I am OK with the military receiving this entitlement. They deserve it because of their service to their country. Those who have not served. IMO, do not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #174
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Tell me where you see "to provide Universal Health Care."

    To understand how the Constitution relates to the doctrines of the founders, you're going to need to study a lot more.
    Hmmm, maybe we're not speaking the same language. Orius asked who decides who is deserving of UHC. You responded with, "The Founders." I read that as, "The Founders" chose to allow the military to receive different health care benefits than non-military Americans. That's what did not make sense to me. The health system the military uses now wasn't created by the Founders, as far as I know. That was why I asked you to elaborate on your answer.

    What specific question were you answering when you said, "The Founders"?

  5. #175
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And, I have already explained to YOU that what the military receives is NOT socialized medicine. And I have already pointed out precisely why folks like YOU would stay in denial and refuse to acknowledge that.

    Keep presenting YOUR inaccurate information. Doesn't change that it's inaccurate.
    You have presented nothing of the sort. But keep presenting your inaccuracies, Goobieman. With each post you show that YOU apply to my original post in this thread.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #176
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You have presented nothing of the sort.
    Not only have I done so, but neither you nor anyone else has responded to my argument with anything other than a pre-pubesctent "nuh-uh!!".

    Which you -continue- to do.

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Not only have I done so, but neither you nor anyone else has responded to my argument with anything other than a pre-pubesctent "nuh-uh!!".

    Which you -continue- to do.
    There is no reason for anyone to respond to something that makes no sense other than to point that out. And that's how people have responded to what you have said, since it is inaccurate. Sorry if you won't see that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #178
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    There is no reason for anyone to respond to something that makes no sense....
    Typical CC cop out, and a sure sign that you know cannot address, with any degree of intellectual honesty, what I said with anything othert than an admission that I am right.

    Disagree?

    Quote my argument, and then tell me how I am wrong.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes, they do tend to run away when they know they have been beaten.
    You're no exception.
    I'm still here. I just learned not to argue with idiots because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    you're no exception.

  10. #180
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I'm still here. I just learned not to argue with idiots because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    you're no exception.
    I'm sorry... did you just refer to me as an idiot?

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •