Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Here we go, more on the war of ignorance being perpetrated by the New York Times, Washington Post and LA Times. Once more the headline is intended to impugn the previous administration in an effort to promote ignorance among the American people.

    The Red Cross suggests that we should believe the testimony of murderous terrorist thugs and ignore the information provided by the administration. They also suggest that any torture of non-uniformed terrorists somehow violates the Geneva Convention.

    Both of these assertions are lies and once more a testimony of the ignorance of those Liberals who want to desperately believe their own talking points and will use the un-collaborated testimony of liars and thieves to support their denial.

    I would like to see the exact language from the Geneva Convention that protects non-uniformed terrorists that do not represent any national identity. You will not find any people.

    Headline:

    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'
    The secret 2007 document gives a harrowing account of the Bush administration's treatment of detainees.
    Washington Post
    March 16, 2009


    Here is the pertinent part of the report however:

    The findings were based on an investigation by Red Cross officials who were granted exclusive access to the CIA's "high-value" detainees after they were transferred in 2006 to the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The 14 detainees, who had been kept in isolation in CIA prisons overseas, gave remarkably uniform accounts of abuse that included beatings, sleep deprivation, extreme temperatures and, in some cases, water-boarding, or simulated drowning.

    In other words people, the Red Cross report suggests that because the LIES and DISTORTIONS (telling them what they want to hear for those of you from Rio Linda) are UNIFORM, they must have some "truth" attached to them.

    The denial or willing suspension of disbelief it takes to believe such stupidity is beyond the pale.

    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture' - Los Angeles Times

  2. #2
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,491
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Here we go, more on the war of ignorance being perpetrated by the New York Times, Washington Post and LA Times. Once more the headline is intended to impugn the previous administration in an effort to promote ignorance among the American people.

    The Red Cross suggests that we should believe the testimony of murderous terrorist thugs and ignore the information provided by the administration. They also suggest that any torture of non-uniformed terrorists somehow violates the Geneva Convention.

    Both of these assertions are lies and once more a testimony of the ignorance of those Liberals who want to desperately believe their own talking points and will use the un-collaborated testimony of liars and thieves to support their denial.

    I would like to see the exact language from the Geneva Convention that protects non-uniformed terrorists that do not represent any national identity. You will not find any people.

    Headline:

    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'
    The secret 2007 document gives a harrowing account of the Bush administration's treatment of detainees.
    Washington Post
    March 16, 2009


    Here is the pertinent part of the report however:

    The findings were based on an investigation by Red Cross officials who were granted exclusive access to the CIA's "high-value" detainees after they were transferred in 2006 to the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The 14 detainees, who had been kept in isolation in CIA prisons overseas, gave remarkably uniform accounts of abuse that included beatings, sleep deprivation, extreme temperatures and, in some cases, water-boarding, or simulated drowning.

    In other words people, the Red Cross report suggests that because the LIES and DISTORTIONS (telling them what they want to hear for those of you from Rio Linda) are UNIFORM, they must have some "truth" attached to them.

    The denial or willing suspension of disbelief it takes to believe such stupidity is beyond the pale.

    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture' - Los Angeles Times
    These people know our press.
    They were schooled to lie.
    Trained.

    They know how to exploit our idiots to the max.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Here we go, more on the war of ignorance being perpetrated by the New York Times, Washington Post and LA Times. Once more the headline is intended to impugn the previous administration in an effort to promote ignorance among the American people.

    The Red Cross suggests that we should believe the testimony of murderous terrorist thugs and ignore the information provided by the administration. They also suggest that any torture of non-uniformed terrorists somehow violates the Geneva Convention.

    Both of these assertions are lies and once more a testimony of the ignorance of those Liberals who want to desperately believe their own talking points and will use the un-collaborated testimony of liars and thieves to support their denial.

    I would like to see the exact language from the Geneva Convention that protects non-uniformed terrorists that do not represent any national identity. You will not find any people.

    Headline:

    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'
    The secret 2007 document gives a harrowing account of the Bush administration's treatment of detainees.
    Washington Post
    March 16, 2009


    Here is the pertinent part of the report however:

    The findings were based on an investigation by Red Cross officials who were granted exclusive access to the CIA's "high-value" detainees after they were transferred in 2006 to the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The 14 detainees, who had been kept in isolation in CIA prisons overseas, gave remarkably uniform accounts of abuse that included beatings, sleep deprivation, extreme temperatures and, in some cases, water-boarding, or simulated drowning.

    In other words people, the Red Cross report suggests that because the LIES and DISTORTIONS (telling them what they want to hear for those of you from Rio Linda) are UNIFORM, they must have some "truth" attached to them.

    The denial or willing suspension of disbelief it takes to believe such stupidity is beyond the pale.

    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture' - Los Angeles Times
    So your argument is that because it is your opinion that the guys at Gbay lied then the Red Cross is wrong? Well....opinions are like assholes....everybody has one...
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    These people know our press.
    They were schooled to lie.
    Trained.

    They know how to exploit our idiots to the max.
    Zimmer, are you suggesting they would lie and make this up!!!???

    But alas, for a gullible and Liberal media and Democrats willingly suspending disbelief, it is beyond the pale that they so desperately want to believe what terrorists feed them; like hogs to slop.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So your argument is that because it is your opinion that the guys at Gbay lied then the Red Cross is wrong? Well....opinions are like assholes....everybody has one...
    What a compelling argument. But alas, not only do you FAIL when it comes to coherent debate, but you can't even comprehend the premise of an argument in that hyper partisan emotional state you wallow in.

    Let me spell my argument out in crayon so that it is so clear even a third grader gets it: This evidence is based purely on interviews with the captive terrorists and ignores the testimony of those on the Government side who inter them. The captive terrorists are liars, murderers and know how to deceive their captives. They also know how to play up to the emotional level of stupidity Liberals wallow in to willingly swallow the swill they dish out and know that Liberals hate the Bush administration almost as much as the terrorist do and will use this information to cause division so that their buddies can plan the next attack after we release them all from Gitmo.

    Was that clear enough for you? Or do you need to see it typed over and over again until you get it.

    Carry on. The terrorists who have the intelligence of a rat laugh at the gullibility of the liberal media, the liberal UN and the liberals who infest most Governments of the world and who still donít get it even after numerous despicable events like 9-11.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Moderator's Warning:
    Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'TD, knock off the condescending personal attacks.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #7
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    -- Here is the pertinent part of the report however:

    The findings were based on an investigation by Red Cross officials who were granted exclusive access to the CIA's "high-value" detainees after they were transferred in 2006 to the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The 14 detainees, who had been kept in isolation in CIA prisons overseas, gave remarkably uniform accounts of abuse that included beatings, sleep deprivation, extreme temperatures and, in some cases, water-boarding, or simulated drowning.

    In other words people, the Red Cross report suggests that because the LIES and DISTORTIONS (telling them what they want to hear for those of you from Rio Linda) are UNIFORM, they must have some "truth" attached to them.
    Let me help you - the detainees all came from different camps across the world ("The 14 detainees, who had been kept in isolation in CIA prisons overseas,") - that bit means that although they were in different parts of the world, their stories of abuse and torture were the same. I would be incredibibly surprised if the CIA were foolish enough once the prisoners were captured to ever let them confer or share stories without someone to monitor them.

    Why are you so surprised then that their experiences are remarkably similar?


    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    --The denial or willing suspension of disbelief it takes to believe such stupidity is beyond the pale --
    When you also understand that the Red Cross is (from your source) recognised as the "guardian of the law of the Geneva Code" and when you understand the role as impartial observer that the Red Cross take I wonder where your reaction begins to come from...

    I suppose you have evidence to the contrary that would show that the Red Cross have been fooled and that the prisoners weren't tortured? Or even that the Red Cross are partial against the US or Bush in particular?

  8. #8
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,491
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post

    Why are you so surprised then that their experiences are remarkably similar?
    Trained to lie about torture.
    Trained to exploit the media.

    Anyone having seen the fallout from the press in Vietnam or their attempts against Reagan would notice a great tactic when it's presented to you on a platter.

    They, the terrorits, know our idiots in the press.
    Add our idiots on the left (Turbin, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Kerry, Kennedy, Levin, Leahy...) they too know how to use their propagandists.
    Both groups the terrorists and their sympathizers play the press like Isak Pearlman plays a Stradivarius.

    Oh the sweet sounds they hear from our morons.
    The terrorists and their sympathozers must laugh themselves to sleep every night, wondering what gifts The AMMP will bestow upon them come sunrise.

    Fineman: 'Mainstream Media Party' is over - Howard Fineman- msnbc.com

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-17-09 at 10:21 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Red Cross report called U.S. practices 'torture'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What a compelling argument. But alas, not only do you FAIL when it comes to coherent debate, but you can't even comprehend the premise of an argument in that hyper partisan emotional state you wallow in.
    So nothing to say other then you're wrong?

    Let me spell my argument out in crayon so that it is so clear even a third grader gets it: This evidence is based purely on interviews with the captive terrorists and ignores the testimony of those on the Government side who inter them. The captive terrorists are liars, murderers and know how to deceive their captives. They also know how to play up to the emotional level of stupidity Liberals wallow in to willingly swallow the swill they dish out and know that Liberals hate the Bush administration almost as much as the terrorist do and will use this information to cause division so that their buddies can plan the next attack after we release them all from Gitmo.
    So then I'm not wrong. It is your opinion that they lied. Nothing else? Great.

    Was that clear enough for you? Or do you need to see it typed over and over again until you get it.
    Tiger Balm'12. Now cry about ad homs when that's all you've done so far.

    Carry on. The terrorists who have the intelligence of a rat laugh at the gullibility of the liberal media, the liberal UN and the liberals who infest most Governments of the world and who still donít get it even after numerous despicable events like 9-11.
    So you have no proof they lied? Only your opinion? Great. I was just trying to find out whether or not you had any actual proof that they lied other then well your opinion which isn't really proof of anything other then the fact that you have an opinion.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-17-09 at 10:56 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •