Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 601 to 609 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    It is hard to collect accurate data, because of the very nature of having concrete numbers on a unregulated unknown commodity.

    Here is a good attempt at a cost benefit courtesy of Jeffrey Miron, Professor of Economics at Harvard. It also carries the endorsement of 500+ other Economists:

    Costs of Marijuana Prohibition: Economic Analysis

    I still cannot find the data on the MPP study (pretty sure it was theirs) which is used for the AB 390 estimates of 1.3 billion in rev. for CA, and also estimates Ca's expenditures. I really should have bookmarked that.
    And let's not forget that legalizing MJ will then allow farmers to grow industrial hemp which would become the biggest green tech industry. But you know who doesn't want that: Petroleum companies, petrochemical companies, timber companies, textile companies...

  2. #602
    Student thabigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    205

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    And let's not forget that legalizing MJ will then allow farmers to grow industrial hemp which would become the biggest green tech industry. But you know who doesn't want that: Petroleum companies, petrochemical companies, timber companies, textile companies...
    Hemp is not as efficient a crop as many put it out to be, don't get me wrong that isn't any reason to ban it, but still it is not as proficient a plant as many pro-hemp supporters put it out to be.

  3. #603
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    04-05-09 @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Yeah by creating a state of unmotivated buffoons. That sure would help the california economy.
    The War on Drugs is a complete failure. Legalize all drugs in this country not just California. Its a waste of money. An estimated 9 billion dollars goes into the arrest of marijuana users and carriers. If we legalized all drugs, then sent troops to blockade BOTH borders we would be good to go. That's 9 billion into the economy for marijuana, who knows how much for the rest. And it would halt drug trafficking, not to mention the government can tax it. Why does the government get to decide if some ignorant fool decided to inject heroin and kill themselves. Let them do it.
    Obama Won
    America Lost

    Vote Ron Paul

  4. #604
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    The War on Drugs is a complete failure. Legalize all drugs in this country not just California. Its a waste of money. An estimated 9 billion dollars goes into the arrest of marijuana users and carriers. If we legalized all drugs, then sent troops to blockade BOTH borders we would be good to go. That's 9 billion into the economy for marijuana, who knows how much for the rest. And it would halt drug trafficking, not to mention the government can tax it. Why does the government get to decide if some ignorant fool decided to inject heroin and kill themselves. Let them do it.



    If it's so called "medicine" should they be taxing it?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Well then there is no reason for me to assume that you drink anywhere other then in a social environment and that it has any effect in your performance in life. Your argument assumes that most people who smoke weed are lazy and have no drive in life. This isn't supported by any kind of statistic on actual smokers. Just what the effects of marijuana can be. Just your opinion. End game? Thanks for playing.
    The weed has low water solubility so it more readily stores in your fat cells and therefor can be ingested at any given time when the body uses this fat. This process builds to keep you constantly stoned. Why do you think it is so easy for the non potheads to recognize the potheads who are in constant slow-motion.
    Last edited by creativedreams; 04-06-09 at 10:24 AM.

  6. #606
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    The weed has low water solubility so it more readily stores in your fat cells and therefor can be ingested at any given time when the body uses this fat. This process builds to keep you constantly stoned. Why do you think it is so easy for the non potheads to recognize the potheads who are in constant slow-motion.
    I call BS here.

    Fact: Many active drugs enter the body's fat cells. What is different (but not unique) about THC is that it exits fat cells slowly. As a result, traces of marijuana can be found in the body for days or weeks following ingestion. However, within a few hours of smoking marijuana, the amount of THC in the brain falls below the concentration required for detectable psychoactivity.
    Myths and Facts About Marijuana

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by thabigred View Post
    Hemp is not as efficient a crop as many put it out to be, don't get me wrong that isn't any reason to ban it, but still it is not as proficient a plant as many pro-hemp supporters put it out to be.
    Got anything other than your opinion to back that up? I can provide a lot of scientific info that says you are wrong. But please, inform me.

  8. #608
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    The weed has low water solubility so it more readily stores in your fat cells and therefor can be ingested at any given time when the body uses this fat. This process builds to keep you constantly stoned. Why do you think it is so easy for the non potheads to recognize the potheads who are in constant slow-motion.
    More uninformed nonsense. Could you link us to this info you've gathered?

  9. #609
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    The weed has low water solubility so it more readily stores in your fat cells and therefor can be ingested at any given time when the body uses this fat. This process builds to keep you constantly stoned. Why do you think it is so easy for the non potheads to recognize the potheads who are in constant slow-motion.
    Sorry, but that's called being perma-fried.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •