Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #461
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Exactly. Discussion of other countries has been deemed irrelevant:



    I suspect because the problems encountered in those countries become problematical for some posters.
    Please source. Decriminalization and legalization are entirely different animals. Show me what country has legalized cannabis, just one. Then show me what countries have decriminalized the limited sale of cannabis in a commercial setting.

    Ill wait.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #462
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I find most people I come across that smoke weed daily, are usually about weed. As if it is there life. They weed before things like career, family, safety of there children, there own personal saftety, or anything of the like.

    It no longer becomes about what ever activity they are doing, but more about how they can get high while doing whatever thing it is they are doing.

    I find people like this limited in life and I pity them.


    I have no respect for buffoons like this. Sure there are people who use marijuana responsibly, but just like the alcoholic, the chronic weed smoker is not the type of person I would hire, trust, or consider a value to society.



    The idiocy, that making weed available could be the sole savior of the California economy is stupid. Nothing but the rantings of a weed first buffoon.


    Oh and if weed is truly a medicine, it is immoral for California to tax it. Unless the whole thing is a sham.
    THis basically sums up the idiocy that Marijuana can help Commiefornia's economy. If its a medicine in the state of California they can't tax it,they can't tax the growers because they will pass the cost onto their customers. This a failed attempt by stoners trying to legalized weed with a bull**** argument.IF they want to legalize it for recreational use then petition their elected officials in their state to legalize it.Unless everyone in California smokes weed I do not see it helping california economy and why would anyone drive down to Commieforia passing through multiple states and cities with risk of getting caught in each place to buy weed when they can buy it off a dealer in their home state with less risk and much cheaper(cheaper than than the gas you would spend getting there).

    I also heard them trying to use a similar idiotic notion in regard to liquor blue laws that allowing the sale of liquor on Sunday can boost the economy.Those that would usually buy up a lot of beer on Saturday would just go on Sunday,it wouldn't create extra customers it would just spread the customers they have now from 6 days to 7 days.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #463
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    THis basically sums up the idiocy that Marijuana can help Commiefornia's economy. If its a medicine in the state of California they can't tax it,they can't tax the growers because they will pass the cost onto their customers. This a failed attempt by stoners trying to legalized weed with a bull**** argument.IF they want to legalize it for recreational use then petition their elected officials in their state to legalize it.Unless everyone in California smokes weed I do not see it helping california economy and why would anyone drive down to Commieforia passing through multiple states and cities with risk of getting caught in each place to buy weed when they can buy it off a dealer in their home state with less risk and much cheaper(cheaper than than the gas you would spend getting there).

    I also heard them trying to use a similar idiotic notion in regard to liquor blue laws that allowing the sale of liquor on Sunday can boost the economy.Those that would usually buy up a lot of beer on Saturday would just go on Sunday,it wouldn't create extra customers it would just spread the customers they have now from 6 days to 7 days.
    Without cannabis, many parts of Northern California would collapse. There are a few counties that are heavily dependent on the proceeds form the illicit and legal sale of cannabis.

    Also, liquor blue laws restrict the sale of alcohol on Sunday. Do you believe that reduces business revenue?
    Last edited by Kushinator; 03-18-09 at 09:19 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #464
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    I really am getting tired of page after page of specious arguments, distortions, generalizations, and general lack of willingness to actually debate the topic on substance.

    If you want to argue against legalization, stop distorting, distracting, generalizing, and ignoring positions because it is inconvenient. Make your case so we can have an HONEST discussion on the subject.

    I probably wasted my time typing this though, Ethereal made essentially the same plea 10 or 15 pages or so back, and others have as well. We are still waiting.
    Last edited by marduc; 03-18-09 at 09:30 PM.

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    First and foremost, the Netherlands is very successful.
    Do you have anything to support this assertion? You know, proof? Perhaps you may want to start with YOUR definition of what is "successful."

    If we look at the Netherlands, I would argue that they are anything BUT successful.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Secondly, i am absolutely correct being that i have first hand knowledge about marijuana and people who sell it.
    I will need a little more proof than "because you say so." It is a funny quirk of mine, I expect people who make statements like yours to back them up with some substance.

    As that famous commercial said; "where's the beef?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Lastly, i did put forth a valid, sound, and logical economic argument as to why legalization reduces illicit drug sales.
    I must have missed it; please point me to the thread where you made such a sound and logical argument as to why legalization reduces illicit drugs and the substantive proof that supports it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    If drugs are legalized, more specifically cannabis, then what do you believe would happen to the price?
    Why are you asking me to support your argument; why don't you lay out what you believe will happen to the price of drugs if they are legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Also, please refrain from answering me with the exact same words i used, in which you replied to...
    Please refrain from arguments that basically suggest "because you say so."

  6. #466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    THis basically sums up the idiocy that Marijuana can help Commiefornia's economy. If its a medicine in the state of California they can't tax it,they can't tax the growers because they will pass the cost onto their customers. This a failed attempt by stoners trying to legalized weed with a bull**** argument.IF they want to legalize it for recreational use then petition their elected officials in their state to legalize it.Unless everyone in California smokes weed I do not see it helping california economy and why would anyone drive down to Commieforia passing through multiple states and cities with risk of getting caught in each place to buy weed when they can buy it off a dealer in their home state with less risk and much cheaper(cheaper than than the gas you would spend getting there).

    I also heard them trying to use a similar idiotic notion in regard to liquor blue laws that allowing the sale of liquor on Sunday can boost the economy.Those that would usually buy up a lot of beer on Saturday would just go on Sunday,it wouldn't create extra customers it would just spread the customers they have now from 6 days to 7 days.
    Laughing my "A" off on this one, how true!

    (particularly Commiefornia; gotta love that one)
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 03-18-09 at 09:32 PM.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Without cannabis, many parts of Northern California would collapse.
    Proof?


    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    There are a few counties that are heavily dependent on the proceeds form the illicit and legal sale of cannabis.
    Proof?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Also, liquor blue laws restrict the sale of alcohol on Sunday. Do you believe that reduces business revenue?
    How is this related to the topic at hand? Do you think Blue Liquor laws do not reduce business revenue and if so how; in other words "proof?"

  8. #468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    I really am getting tired of page after page of specious arguments, distortions, generalizations, and general lack of willingness to actually debate the topic on substance.

    If you want to argue against legalization, stop distorting, distracting, generalizing, and ignoring positions because it is inconvenient. Make your case so we can have an HONEST discussion on the subject.
    If you want to argue FOR legalization, stop distorting, distracting, generalizing, and ignoring positions because it is inconvenient. Make your case so we can have an HONEST discussion on the subject.

    Carry on.

  9. #469
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    THis basically sums up the idiocy that Marijuana can help Commiefornia's economy. If its a medicine in the state of California they can't tax it,they can't tax the growers because they will pass the cost onto their customers.
    They already do tax medical marijuana, this has already been covered

    This a failed attempt by stoners trying to legalized weed with a bull**** argument.
    Then actually counter our argument, many arguing for legalization in this very thread have never smoke marijuana.

    IF they want to legalize it for recreational use then petition their elected officials in their state to legalize it.
    They have and they are, that is what the entire thread topic is about AB 390, a bill that is in committee right now in California.


    Unless everyone in California smokes weed I do not see it helping california economy and why would anyone drive down to Commieforia passing through multiple states and cities with risk of getting caught in each place to buy weed when they can buy it off a dealer in their home state with less risk and much cheaper(cheaper than than the gas you would spend getting there).
    Well in that case since everyone does not drink, nor smoke then they should lift the taxes on them, they don't have ANY IMPACT on the economy or tax revenues.

    What does people driving to Ca have to do with it?

    I also heard them trying to use a similar idiotic notion in regard to liquor blue laws that allowing the sale of liquor on Sunday can boost the economy.Those that would usually buy up a lot of beer on Saturday would just go on Sunday,it wouldn't create extra customers it would just spread the customers they have now from 6 days to 7 days.
    If it is a Sunday and the football game is on and I want beer and I cannot get it in my county, and I drive to the other county to get it, does not that end up being less revenue for the county I live in??

  10. #470
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    If you want to argue FOR legalization, stop distorting, distracting, generalizing, and ignoring positions because it is inconvenient. Make your case so we can have an HONEST discussion on the subject.

    Carry on.
    I have go back and read the thread.

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •