Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #361
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This is quite amusing coming from someone who wouldn't recognize logic or reason if it slapped them on the head? Watching you claim others are ridiculous is the definition of irony.

    Carry on.
    The definition of irony is you hounding me for trolling.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #362
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    .....because you say so.
    Dodging and deflecting? Seems to be your Modus Operandi lately. Feel fre to refute his argument and prove him wrong anytime. I won't hold my breath.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ......Not sure....but I don't think I need evidence to support legalizing weed based on the negative effects prohibition has. Or is it that once a substance is legalized and allowed to be controlled by the market that the crime related to that substance continues to exist as the same level as before? Do we still have bootleggers and speakeasies?
    You don't need evidence because like many Liberals, common sense and sound thoughtful arguments are unnecessary, it's how you FEEL that matters.

    Opium dens used to be legal too. Why did they close them?

    You mistakenly think that this will be the California miracle to balanced budgets and job opportunity by legalizing a drug that is basically a depressant; how quaint and naÔve.

    Thereís a reason people who smoke pot donít get into fights, it would require EFFORT.

    Carry on.

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Dodging and deflecting? Seems to be your Modus Operandi lately. Feel fre to refute his argument and prove him wrong anytime. I won't hold my breath.
    You couldn't have an original thought if you could buy one. Carry on, I have yet to see you come up with anything resembling coherent or beyond mindless ramblings.

  5. #365
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You don't need evidence because like many Liberals, common sense and sound thoughtful arguments are unnecessary, it's how you FEEL that matters.
    More partisan mudslinging. I still find it terribly amusing that you have yet to formulate an argument based on evidence for why Marijuana should remain illegal... In any thread we have discussed it in. You continue to post arguments about people on drugs spending away their life savings(personal choice, not a crime) or individuals who assault others while intoxicated(the crime is called assault, by the way).
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #366
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You couldn't have an original thought if you could buy one. Carry on, I have yet to see you come up with anything resembling coherent or beyond mindless ramblings.
    Are you familiar with the term "coherent"? It would appear not.

    Main Entry:co∑her∑ent 1 a: logically or aesthetically ordered or integrated : consistent.

    coherent - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    More partisan mudslinging. I still find it terribly amusing that you have yet to formulate an argument based on evidence for why Marijuana should remain illegal... In any thread we have discussed it in. You continue to post arguments about people on drugs spending away their life savings(personal choice, not a crime) or individuals who assault others while intoxicated(the crime is called assault, by the way).
    Yet those arguments were not what I made.

    Now run along, your emotional trolling is tiring.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Are you familiar with the term "coherent"? It would appear not.
    The only thing apparent is your inability to recognize the definition of trolling. I am beginning to think it starts with an "e" and ends with a "b".

    Did you mention one time in here that you are an educator? If so, it doesn't surprise me the state our schools are in failing to truly educate our youth.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You don't need evidence because like many Liberals, common sense and sound thoughtful arguments are unnecessary, it's how you FEEL that matters.

    Opium dens used to be legal too. Why did they close them?
    Comparing Opium dens to Marijuana only shows the dishonesty you bring to the debate and proves once and for all that you do not value Truth.

    There is no comparison to the addictive qualities of opium to marijuana.

    Comparing Marijuana to Opium is like Comparing Alcohol to CRACK COCAINE.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 03-16-09 at 10:17 PM.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Comparing Opium dens to Marijuana only shows the dishonesty you bring to the debate and proves once and for all that you do not value Truth.

    There is no comparison to the addictive qualities of opium to marijuana.

    Comparing Marijuana to Opium is like Comparing Alcohol to CRACK COCAINE.
    But comparing pot to alcohol makes perfect sense? Do you think that pot cannot be laced with opiates? Do you think hashish cannot be laced with opiates?

    Remember the originator of this argument:

    Originally Posted by Hatuey
    ......Not sure....but I don't think I need evidence to support legalizing weed based on the negative effects prohibition has. Or is it that once a substance is legalized and allowed to be controlled by the market that the crime related to that substance continues to exist as the same level as before? Do we still have bootleggers and speakeasies?


    No one is attempting to compare opium to pot, it was an example of the specious nature of Hatueyís argument.

    Here it is because obviously it went over your head; prohibition didnít work, therefore we should not prohibit the use of marijuana. But if this is true, why make cocaine or heroine or even opiates illegal? After all, people will still use them and whose business is it of ours to tell people what drugs they can use if they only hurt themselves? Isnít this after all the jist of the legalize drug crowds argument?

    Imagine all the tax revenue this will bring in!!! Imagine the jobs it will create!!! Imagine the possibilities.

    Or are you suggesting the argument is must be something quite different? Frankly, watching you suggest someone is being dishonest is quite ironic when almost any debate I have seen you enter into requires the willful suspension of honesty and disbelief.

    So tell me what the argument is if not what I have listed above oh great and honest Liberal from Europe (at least I think you are European based on your confused priorities and philosophical point of view).
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 03-16-09 at 10:42 PM.

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •