Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    For those who believe legalizing marijuana in California will help alleviate the state's budget woes... let me ask this. Who will be responsible for tracking all that legal marijuana, performing quality control, and most important, ensuring it does not cross California's borders into states that don't want it?

    If a shipment of marijuana is transported from a legal 'farm' in California to some other state, could the 'farmer' who allowed that shipment to slip out be prosecuted by either California, or the state in which his illegal pot ends up?

    Someone else who grazes the truth with a dose of reality. It's always refreshing to see people who truly "get" it.

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I think raising property taxes would help their economy. It was prop 8 or 13 that put a severe limit on that and then property values went out the wazzooo.
    Just like the lottery helped to fund education? I see you still refuse to get it.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I am getting absolutely tired of this argument and the blatantly erroneous premises upon which anti-legalization proponents base their position.

    There is no reason to argue against the legalization of marijuana...NONE. There is no legal reasoning, there is no logical reasoning, there is no philosophical reasoning, there is no moral reasoning. ANYONE who thinks otherwise, please inform me so that we can proceed to have a true debate on the topic, otherwise, keep your silly, emotionally-based arguments to yourself because I'm tired of hearing them.

    What I find most ironic, is some of the most vehement defenders of the Second Amendment resort to the EXACT same tactics as the anti-gun crowd with their idiotic and nonsensical demonizing of an inanimate object. How can you defend guns against a brazenly idiotic premise while utilizing the exact same premise against marijuana? How can one fail to see this!? The hypocrisy of some people is simply astonishing.
    Yeah that's it; I bet you thinking ranting is a form of coherent argument as well.

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What laws are you exactly talking about. I expect links BTW per country and per law.
    Yet you require none from Ethreal or Hatuey? Your selective evidence requests are noted.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Other nations are not my concern, nor are appeals to the majority. Foreign legal systems are unique to their region and history, therefore, I am not interested in discussing the efficacy or validity of their drugs laws; their business is their own.

    What concerns me is the arguments against legalization in the US. They are blatantly wrong in every way conceivable. There is no legal, logical, moral, or philosophically legitimate argument against legalization; it simply does not exist. We are a nation of liberty engendered by NEGATIVE RIGHTS. Americans would do well to familiarize themselves with this concept as it seems to escape them with some regularity. If you feel my argument is without merit, then let us proceed with a true debate.
    .....because you say so.

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I'll take the pro-drug crowd over your whiny diatribes. I have yet to see you formulate a structurally sound argument. In fact, most of your arguments are very emotional.
    Awwww looky here, Egofftib is trolling again. Carry on!

  7. #357
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yet you require none from Ethreal or Hatuey? Your selective evidence requests are noted.
    ......Not sure....but I don't think I need evidence to support legalizing weed based on the negative effects prohibition has. Or is it that once a substance is legalized and allowed to be controlled by the market that the crime related to that substance continues to exist as the same level as before? Do we still have bootleggers and speakeasies?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-16-09 at 09:39 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So more jobs and a taxing on marijuana would not help? Please.
    What planet do you live on? Planet denial? Can you please show me how an increase in revenues of over 40% over the last 5 years, the lottery or any other tax scheme has prevented California from spending it's way into a $40 billion deficit?

    You can't fabricate the level of denial it takes to think that if we just found ONE more thing to TAX it would make California, or the Federal Government, whole again.

    California is descending into a ****hole for becoming a Liberal cesspool run by legislative morons who never saw a tax they didn't like, an entitlement they couldn't entitle and an illegal immigrant they didn't want to convert to ignorant Democrats to keep them in power and a Liberal court that didn’t want to release criminals back into society so that they can once more prey on the citizens of the State to keep the prisons a comfortable place to live and not overcrowd them.

    Carry on. I have to chuckle when I watch liberals rail about finding creative new ways to create jobs and tax revenue by legalizing a drug that turns you into a slobbering moron.

    Next they will want to stamp serial numbers on bullets so they can trace who shot the nefarious bullet. Oh wait, they already tried that and FAILED. Democrats and Liberals are like little children who suffer from naiveté’ that would be cute if it just weren’t so damned destructive to society, jobs and the economy. You think you can just legislate and tax your merry way to prosperity while putting down morality and common sense.

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? Debates should always be about logic and reason.
    This is quite amusing coming from someone who wouldn't recognize logic or reason if it slapped them on the head? Watching you claim others are ridiculous is the definition of irony.

    Carry on.

  10. #360
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What planet do you live on? Planet denial? Can you please show me how an increase in revenues of over 40% over the last 5 years, the lottery or any other tax scheme has prevented California from spending it's way into a $40 billion deficit?

    You can't fabricate the level of denial it takes to think that if we just found ONE more thing to TAX it would make California, or the Federal Government, whole again.

    California is descending into a ****hole for becoming a Liberal cesspool run by legislative morons who never saw a tax they didn't like, an entitlement they couldn't entitle and an illegal immigrant they didn't want to convert to ignorant Democrats to keep them in power and a Liberal court that didn’t want to release criminals back into society so that they can once more prey on the citizens of the State to keep the prisons a comfortable place to live and not overcrowd them.

    Carry on. I have to chuckle when I watch liberals rail about finding creative new ways to create jobs and tax revenue by legalizing a drug that turns you into a slobbering moron.

    Next they will want to stamp serial numbers on bullets so they can trace who shot the nefarious bullet. Oh wait, they already tried that and FAILED. Democrats and Liberals are like little children who suffer from naiveté’ that would be cute if it just weren’t so damned destructive to society, jobs and the economy. You think you can just legislate and tax your merry way to prosperity while putting down morality and common sense.
    Again, and not surprisingly, you fail to grasp your opponent's argument. Confirmation bias seems to be your best friend.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •