Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #321
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Who is going to grow all this marijuana that the Government makes legal and tax?
    The same famers that already do.

    ABC News: Marijuana Called Top U.S. Cash Crop

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Even if there is no change in the profitability of the drug business (a remote possibility) as a society the US will benefit from not interning people who pose no danger to society or themselves (at least not any significant danger to themselves). We'll benefit because our fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters wont be sent to jail needlessly and because the government wont be paying for it.
    Here's a thought; they wouldn't be going to jail if they don't break the LAW!!!

    What a concept eh? What an absurd argument and of course, a typical Liberal appeal to emotions rather than well thought out philosophical arguments.

    Your argument is about as trite as Rodney when he pleaded “wha wha why ca ca can’t we all just ge ge get along.”

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The same famers that already do.

    ABC News: Marijuana Called Top U.S. Cash Crop
    Ha ha ha; "In the report, Gettman, a marijuana-reform activist and leader of the Coalition for Rescheduling Cannabis, champions a system of legal regulation. "

    Are you really this gullible? I mean REALLY?

    I expect it from the Liberal media, but from people who are supposedly informed on this forum?

    Oh my, carry on.

    Like I stated earlier, the thread premise was Marijuana help rescue California's economy.

    I have yet to see a reasoned coherent argument that would suggest it will and instead the thread is blathered by the typical nonsense one would see in the legalize drugs threads.

  4. #324
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Ha ha ha; "In the report, Gettman, a marijuana-reform activist and leader of the Coalition for Rescheduling Cannabis, champions a system of legal regulation. "

    Are you really this gullible? I mean REALLY?

    I expect it from the Liberal media, but from people who are supposedly informed on this forum?

    Oh my, carry on.

    Like I stated earlier, the thread premise was Marijuana help rescue California's economy.

    I have yet to see a reasoned coherent argument that would suggest it will and instead the thread is blathered by the typical nonsense one would see in the legalize drugs threads.

    Domestically grown marijuana is Kentucky’s number one cash crop"


    Marijuana Statistics
    ...........
    Last edited by winston53660; 03-16-09 at 04:14 PM.

  5. #325
    Student thabigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    205

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    I hope California keeps pushing this, Americans need something to relax after being so openly ****ed in the ass by wallstreet.
    The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live. ~ Ayn Rand
    A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.~ Nietzsche

  6. #326
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Domestically grown marijuana is Kentucky’s number one cash crop"
    So under the proposal of many of the reformers here... we'll simply legalize marijuana production and turn it over to the current 'farmers.' Such as all those nice 'farmers' in Kentucky currently cultivating it...

    Local independent producers also distribute Mexico-produced marijuana, often using it as filler for their product. Mexican criminal groups--the primary transporters of Mexico-produced marijuana into Kentucky--usually sell wholesale quantities to local independent Caucasian dealers, who are the dominant retail distributors of Mexico-produced marijuana. Local independent Caucasian dealers also are the dominant retail distributors of locally produced marijuana. Retail marijuana sales usually occur in private residences, bars, and restaurants in the state.
    The production of marijuana is increasingly associated with violence. Growers in Kentucky are known to protect themselves and their crops with firearms, explosives, and booby traps, posing a greater threat to law enforcement and the public. Marijuana growers operating on federal land in Kentucky have verbally and physically assaulted visitors to national forests. The U.S. Forest Service advises that booby-trapped cannabis cultivation sites may endanger visitors. The use of weapons and explosives has resulted in a rise in related crimes such as assaults, illegal possession of firearms, and murders. The number of weapons seized during cannabis eradication program operations nationwide has more than doubled over the past decade.
    National Drug Intelligence Center

    In other words... we'll be handing over Kentucky's number one cash crop to a group of law-breakers with current ties to Mexican drug cartels.

    Sounds like a great plan.


  7. #327
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    So under the proposal of many of the reformers here... we'll simply legalize marijuana production and turn it over to the current 'farmers.' Such as all those nice 'farmers' in Kentucky currently cultivating it...





    National Drug Intelligence Center

    In other words... we'll be handing over Kentucky's number one cash crop to a group of law-breakers with current ties to Mexican drug cartels.

    Sounds like a great plan.


    Why would Kentucky pot farmers need Mexican drug cartels in a legal business?

  8. #328
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    I am for the legalization of marijuana. My own personal belief is that it would be a viable cash crop for farmers, legitimate jobs created, and tax revenue collected.

    I do not think that legalizing it will solve California's economy. My grandfather taught me as a kid, how to be thrifty without being a cheapskate.

    He would always say, "If you can't budget $5.00, you can't budget $5,000,000".

    No matter how much money you give the crooks in office, they'll find a way to squander it.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  9. #329
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that people in this country, other than a few hobbyists, brew or distill their own beer and liquor on a regular basis? Or cultivate tobacco to make their own cigarettes?

    And are you denying that 'growing your own' is actually quite popular among regular weed smokers? And probably would be even if legalized?





    Now your making a case that it's okay for kids to be stoned in school? We shouldn't care?

    Some people would continue to grow their own, most wouldn't, just like with alcohol.

    If kids are causing a problem, they're causing a problem. If they aren't, they aren't.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by thabigred View Post
    I hope California keeps pushing this, Americans need something to relax after being so openly ****ed in the ass by wallstreet.
    Americans are getting so ****ed in the ass by their own Governments it is doubtful they would even feel it if Wall Street was ****ing them.

    I am always amused when people hate monger Wall Street yet don't care when their Governments rape them constantly.

    But then, when you become a ward of the state and dependent on suckling at the government teat, you have to have a villain to blame right?

Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •