Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #281
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Wow. Your inconsistency is cute :





    And yet your liver is useless. Do you want to try and run that by the logic factory once again? Maybe it'll make more sense the second time around.
    I can only tell you my liver is perfect over and over again. It is your choice if you want to join us in reality or not.




    Cry baby cry baby.



    Seriously. Consistency is NOT your forte.
    Personal attacks a sign of weak debate.


    Of course it's VERY relevant. Substance you can directly die from consuming too much of. Legal. Illegal substance you can not directly die from. Illegal. Use a bit of logic son. Seriously you're making this too easy.
    Irrellevant. Make what easy. Please. you are no longer making sense.


    How many non-drunks do you know that have ruined livers due to drinking? Denial much?

    Personally? None. I don't hang around abusers if I can help it.

    If your liver is actually shot, not a simple forum joke that you obtusly have taken seriously, then you are an abuser.

    My liver for the 7th time is perfect as I treat my body well.



    [
    It's fun to watch you and your FAIL seizures. You seem to take pride and fun in your ruined liver even though it's useless. Reverend. Seriously. You're stepping up to the wrong intellectual on this forum.

    Oh your an intellectual now. Please hautey, you haven't even made coherent sense yet....


    8th time, my liver is perfect. I don't abuse alcohol or weed.





    Well thankfully for me I'm not dumb enough to talk about ruined livers upstairs.



    You started a thread in basement about the thing you just bragged about. We had conversations about it. I will refrain from commenting due to the vegas rule unless I get a green light from a mod.



    Wow. Are you seriously this inconsistent in real life? Or is it once you have to write down your ideas that you're inconsistent? I'm really curious. I mean you seem to lack all sense of coherence after a while and can't wait to snap. I mean it's almost cute. Like a 7 year old screaming Ha-ha even though you haven't said anything relevant in a few posts.


    Again, you make little sense. WTF are you bloviating about?
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-16-09 at 01:09 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #282
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Well, here's the thing, in the summer in some neighborhoods everyone does, so the cops are clearly enforcing the law arbitrarily so they can pick up anyone they think looks "suspicious".



    This is beyond wrong, and yes if true, legalizing it would kill this ability.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #283
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by thabigred View Post
    1. The difference between my conclusion and your conclusion is you are trying to act as though my conclusion should lead to yours. The video proves that being moderately high can allow a person who is a regular smoker of marijuana the ability to concentrate better.
    No, the difference between your conclusion is mine is that you are making apologies for someone who is driving while impaired and I am not.

    When the driver was not high, he could drive and focus on everything else which was because he could pay less attention to the road and still drive ok. When the driver was high, his perception was distorted, not so much to not allow him to do normal tasks but enough that he had to focus himself on a task at hand to get it done.
    In bold. He said it. You said it. Yet you dismiss it. This is the problem with many pro-legals. HIS PERCEPTION WAS DISTORTED. I do not want him on the road. Same as someone who drinks who's perception is distorted.

    You are making a great case for me to alter my position from being pro-legal. When some of you give this type of erroneous information, like saying it is OK for someone with a distorted perception to drive, you make it sound like all you want is your weed. It makes your position very weak, and makes people who are on the cusp reject that position.

    When high you have to concentrate, which is something people who have a hard time concentrating cannot do on there own, with moderate use of marijuana this is possible. People have to focus on the task at hand, in order to get things done. There is no multitasking involved.
    No, you have to force yourself to concentrate because your perception is distorted. If you can do that under those conditions, you can do it better when your perception is not distorted.

    And driving involves a lot of multitasking. If you are saying that multi-tasking is diminished, that's yet another reason why someone who has smoked should not drive.

    2. You brought up the fact of smoking being bad for your lungs or what not because it is cancerous. I bring up butter because it is not nearly as cancerous form of ingestion as smoking and offers the same effects. Neutralizing your argument of cancer.
    Please point out the post where I mentioned smoking and cancer.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #284
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    It's not quite as simple as everyone smokes pot, and therefore the cops can wantonly lock up anyone. But I do find that within certain demographics (which are not necessarily race based but age based) the near certainty of weed use has given the police unbelievable freedom.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  5. #285
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Don't smell like pot?
    So i can hypothetically be harassed for wearing a scent (cologne/incense) that "someone" perceives as pot?!?!

    Ill be going back to Cali this summer to stock up on cannabis enriched food.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #286
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    So i can hypothetically be harassed for wearing a scent (cologne/incense) that "someone" perceives as pot?!?!

    Ill be going back to Cali this summer to stock up on cannabis enriched food.



    I agree that it is wrong. But given the legal LEO world we live in, does it make it smart?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #287
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Wear your underwear outside your tights too. Otherwise I'll just think your a flamboyant vampire.
    OH SNAP!

    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #288
    Student thabigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    205

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, the difference between your conclusion is mine is that you are making apologies for someone who is driving while impaired and I am not.



    In bold. He said it. You said it. Yet you dismiss it. This is the problem with many pro-legals. HIS PERCEPTION WAS DISTORTED. I do not want him on the road. Same as someone who drinks who's perception is distorted.

    You are making a great case for me to alter my position from being pro-legal. When some of you give this type of erroneous information, like saying it is OK for someone with a distorted perception to drive, you make it sound like all you want is your weed. It makes your position very weak, and makes people who are on the cusp reject that position.



    No, you have to force yourself to concentrate because your perception is distorted. If you can do that under those conditions, you can do it better when your perception is not distorted.

    And driving involves a lot of multitasking. If you are saying that multi-tasking is diminished, that's yet another reason why someone who has smoked should not drive.



    Please point out the post where I mentioned smoking and cancer.
    1. I was only showing how you can smoke marijuana and still focus, something you got wrong. I am not condoning smoking while or before you drive, just like the video does not promote it. Those were not true driving situations, those were simple tasks to perform, and the video showed how marijuana can be used positively for focusing on simple tasks.

    2. You mentions how smoking it is detrimental to your health did you not, and I contradicted that fact by pointing out you do not have to smoke it.
    The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live. ~ Ayn Rand
    A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.~ Nietzsche

  9. #289
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by thabigred View Post
    1. I was only showing how you can smoke marijuana and still focus, something you got wrong. I am not condoning smoking while or before you drive, just like the video does not promote it. Those were not true driving situations, those were simple tasks to perform, and the video showed how marijuana can be used positively for focusing on simple tasks.
    The error in your reasoning is that it is not the marijuana that helps you focus. It is the act of having the distorted perception that forces you to attempt to focus more. You would get the same reaction if you had to do something, while being in a lot of pain. Marijuana is not the issue. Overcoming an issue is.

    2. You mentions how smoking it is detrimental to your health did you not, and I contradicted that fact by pointing out you do not have to smoke it.
    Yes, I did...in passing. Others mentioned the cancer issue. Smoking it is but one of the health effects. Although ingesting it in other ways is much safer, similar to heavy alcohol use, heavy marijuana use will cause some of these other health effects.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #290
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I agree that it is wrong. But given the legal LEO world we live in, does it make it smart?
    I guess it depends if your carrying or not. The "product" i typically work with, if left in a bag and not a sealed jar would convince most people that i got to close to a skunk.

    Regardless, smoking weed is for the 60's and 70's generation. My generation of stoners (the real ones) typically rely on vaporization and edible consumption. Smoking is on the outs.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •