Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #251
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by thabigred View Post
    YouTube - Marijuana and Driving

    Here is a long term user of marijuana, that drives before and after smoking a joint, and they test how well he drives while high.

    The long term user of marijuana drives better after smoking a joint than before smoking the joint.

    If you have a problem with smoking it, I suggest cannabutter, which is a process where you take take the stuff that makes you high from marijuana and puts them into butter so you can cook with them.



    Here is an exact example as to what I touched upon at the beginning of this thread.

    1. its not about driving, it is about being high. And to think og how people make excuses for what they do while piloting a 3000 lb missile.....

    2. this is one anecdotal incident on TV, and we know the TV never lies.

    3. driving while high, no matter how much of a burned out dickhead you are, still endangers people who follow the law, like me.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #252
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Of course you would draw that conclusion. I draw a different one. He indicated that he felt more paranoia and his perception was distorted...he felt he was driving slower than he actually was. Also, he didn't say he could more easily concentrate...he said he had to force himself to concentrate more. These are all impairments, that he indicated, showing that his perception was affected by the marijuana. I do not want him driving when high, nor anyone else. Your video proves my position.

    And if the butter gives the same response, than I would feel the same way about the butter.

    You are doing what many pro-legals do. Providing incorrect information that is easily refuted. This will force those on the cusp to reject your position. You are not helping yourself, here.




    +1000000000
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #253
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    So you're okay with selling pot next to the beer stands at ballparks??

    You're so transparent glass thinks you're see through.

    You say you have no agenda then you post drivel like this. Read my posts, as I stated, in regards to the legality of sales and possession and things surrounding it I'd suggest following the general outline we have for liquor while in regards to laws against its use in public places I'd go with cigarettes as a model due to the smoke of it.

    I also believe in the free market.

    If its not illegal for smoking to be done at a ballpark, and a ballpark decides it wants to sell marijuana, then I have no issue with it at all to be sold like they sell liquor drinks at games (well, at least they do at football games. Not been to a pro baseball game).

    Personally however, I imagine that the free market would take care of this and they wouldn't sell them at a baseball game due to not wanting to sell something that is obviously going to potentially cause annoyance to other patrons through the smoke.

    Simply put, no, I don't think we need to definitively copy another country. I think its idiotic to go "lets do like that country". Lets figure out a solution based on the needs of OUR nation and based on what is standard in OUR nation. By using common sense laws taken from Alcohol and Cigarettes and adapting it to Marijuana we create laws that make sense and are easily understood by the population because it has something to relate to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    And yet people still do it, some risking the lives of others for their weed.
    Yep, just like people still risk their lives and the lives of others for their alcohol, extemely late nights with next to no sleep, and cell phones.

  4. #254
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    Yep, just like people still risk their lives and the lives of others for their alcohol, extemely late nights with next to no sleep, and cell phones.



    I keep hearing this from several "weed" posters. Not saying you are one of them, I saw your post that you don't smoke weed. But yes of course distracted drivers are deadly. It is amazing what little care some people show when piloting a 3000lb missile.

    I ride motorcycles, I am all to aware as to how bad many drivers really are. Including cops.

    However, in this discussion, the scope pertains to "Weed" and those who think they are any different because its weed, and they want to excuse thier behavior for a varying of reasons....


    Just like the drunk in my post about my lunch at legal seafood the other day. It reminded me of some who think they can behave a certain way and excuse it because they like the drug and culture they do.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #255
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I keep hearing this from several "weed" posters. Not saying you are one of them, I saw your post that you don't smoke weed. But yes of course distracted drivers are deadly. It is amazing what little care some people show when piloting a 3000lb missile.

    I ride motorcycles, I am all to aware as to how bad many drivers really are. Including cops.

    However, in this discussion, the scope pertains to "Weed" and those who think they are any different because its weed, and they want to excuse thier behavior for a varying of reasons....


    Just like the drunk in my post about my lunch at legal seafood the other day. It reminded me of some who think they can behave a certain way and excuse it because they like the drug and culture they do.

    Oh, I agree. The people who act like smoking weed makes them BETTER drivers or that its okay are arguing an idiotic argument and generally are ones I dismiss. However you were responding to Hautey, who wasn't advocating it, when he was talking about the legality of it.

    What does the fact that Weed smokers do it now have to do with it being illegal now and likely illegal afterwards?

    You get called on your comment and then say something alone the lines "of well of course other things are bad too" but the way you post and the way you're talking about it you're making it out as if you believe that somehow heavy Weed smokers are this strange minority which are the only ones stupid enough to do something dumb like driving while impaired in some way, when they're just one in a long line of people.

  6. #256
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh, I agree. The people who act like smoking weed makes them BETTER drivers or that its okay are arguing an idiotic argument and generally are ones I dismiss. However you were responding to Hautey, who wasn't advocating it, when he was talking about the legality of it.

    You do understand, at this point I am walking a 6a line here, and Can not respond to this appropriately other than to say, I can show you via pm, where he more than "Advocated it".

    What does the fact that Weed smokers do it now have to do with it being illegal now and likely illegal afterwards?

    I am not sure I was making that argument. What is it you think I responded to and what position did you think hautey had?


    I thought my response to him made my position clear. That some who smoke weed, think it has no effect on thier driving, so much so they would risk others in thier activities.

    Making it legal, would not change the illegal behavior of driving high.




    You get called on your comment and then say something alone the lines "of well of course other things are bad too" but the way you post and the way you're talking about it you're making it out as if you believe that somehow heavy Weed smokers are this strange minority which are the only ones stupid enough to do something dumb like driving while impaired in some way, when they're just one in a long line of people.

    Come on zyph, please re-read my posts. I think, and I have stated numerous times that all the things mentioned are bad. I am simply being topical here.

    I have started threads on almost being killed by a cop on a cell phone.

    I have also made my position clear in threads by aps I think about drunk drivers.

    I have also discussed my positions on cell phones, books, makeup and driving.

    And in none of those do I mention weed. Does that mean I held the opposite of your contention in those threads?



    Again, I have a true hatred of idiot drivers and the varying tools they use to try to kill me. I hope this and my other posts including my legal seafood anecdotal puts to rest your notion that I think weed smokers are a special breed of idiots... .


    Anyway, since this topic is weed:


    I will say this though, The ones i have described, the ones who make weed thier lives, This is from my experience true, from relatives, to growing up in the VT, Colorado Snowboarding culture. There are those who make what they are doing, whether its snowboarding, riding a motorcycle, skiing, driving, taking care of thier child, to anything else that they do. To them it is ABOUT the weed first as a life crutch.


    I find it a pathetic existence, and yes, That goes for drunks as well. but this topic is weed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #257
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Please link to studies regarding no one developing lung cancer or other health issues because pot's smoke is actually a good thing to stick in your lungs.....
    Prove to me that you can indeed die from smoking marijuana. You can not die from smoking marijuana. You can die from LUNG CANCER but not from smoking marijuana. There is no such thing as a marijuana overdose. However if you drink enough alcohol you can die from ALCOHOL POISONING.

    marijuana overdose by drug overdose.com

    The Drug Awareness Warning Network Annual Report, published by the US federal government contains a statistical compilation of all drug deaths which occur in the United States. According to this report, there has never been a death recorded from the use of marijuana by natural causes. Unlike opiates, barbiturates or amphetamines, there seems to be little risk from the use of large amounts of marijuana. When a person smokes too much they feel very tired and lie down. When people swallow large amounts of hashish, occasionally they get sick to their stomach.
    Accidental alcohol poisoning mortality in the United States, 1996-1998 - NIAAA'S Epidemiological Bulletin No.40 | Alcohol Research & Health | Find Articles at BNET

    Data on deaths ascribed to alcohol poisoning as either the underlying cause or as 1 of up to 20 contributing causes were selected and analyzed. The annual average number of deaths for which alcohol poisoning was listed as an underlying cause was 317, with an age-adjusted death rate of 0.11 per 100,000 population. An average of 1,076 additional deaths included alcohol poisoning as a contributing cause, bringing the total number of deaths with any mention of alcohol poisoning to 1,393 per year (0.49 per 100,000 population).
    Want to try again?

    I love speculative claims!
    Specially when YOU create them.

    Also consider no one has been made smarter by smoking it either, YMMV....
    Nobody's ever been made healthier by drinking and making their liver 'suffer'.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-16-09 at 10:53 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #258
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Prove to me that you can indeed die from smoking marijuana. You can not die from smoking marijuana. You can die from LUNG CANCER but not from smoking marijuana. There is no such thing as a marijuana overdose. However if you drink enough alcohol you can die from ALCOHOL POISONING.

    marijuana overdose by drug overdose.com



    Accidental alcohol poisoning mortality in the United States, 1996-1998 - NIAAA'S Epidemiological Bulletin No.40 | Alcohol Research & Health | Find Articles at BNET

    What is the point of you stating what is already known. You can die of alchohol poisioning. Wow. Debate points for you.


    Want to try again?



    Specially when YOU create them.

    Which claim did I make was speculative. See you are playing a semantics game for your weed fetish. I find that sad. Anyways. Weed can cause health problems, including making you sick enough to die via cancer and other health issues of inhaling smoke.



    Nobody's ever been made healthier by drinking and making their liver 'suffer'.


    No ****. Thanks captain obvious. How does this excuse weed, you know the topic at hand?



    Fact is hautey, I support your right to pollute yourself. I believe in freedom all around. Liberty over prohibition. I am not so shallow to only support liberties that I like.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-16-09 at 10:59 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #259
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What is the point of you stating what is already known. You can die of alchohol poisioning. Wow. Debate points for you.
    Are you being obtuse on purpose? I stated that marijuana should be legalized on the basis that as a drug it does not have one of the most dangerous side effects(like for example death) of other drugs and legal substances like alcohol.

    Which claim did I make was speculative.
    See your previous post. Wow. That was really easy.

    See you are playing a semantics game for your weed fetish.
    Semantics :

    semantics - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

    1: the study of meanings: a: the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development b (1): semiotic (2): a branch of semiotic dealing with the relations between signs and what they refer to and including theories of denotation, extension, naming, and truth

    2: general semantics

    3 a: the meaning or relationship of meanings of a sign or set of signs ; especially : connotative meaning b: the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings
    Uhhh no. I'm not. Do you know what semantics mean?

    I find that sad.
    I find drunks to be sad. I guess we're about even.

    Anyways.
    Anywho.

    Weed can cause health problems,
    Like alcohol.

    including making you sick enough to die via cancer and other health issues of inhaling smoke.
    And alcohol can kill you on your first drinking binge. You can not possibly smoke enough weed to die from it after one time use. However drink enough alcohol and irregardless of how many times you've tried it before you can die.

    No ****. Thanks captain obvious. How does this excuse weed, you know the topic at hand?
    Oooh a little touchy. I already explained to you. Your attacks on marijuana and it's users are a tad hypocritical the moment alcohol is brought up.

    Fact is hautey, I support your right to pollute yourself.
    I support yours to drink yourself to death.

    I believe in freedom all around.
    I believe in drinking all around. Wait.....

    Liberty over prohibition. I am not so shallow to only support liberties that I like.
    Yawn. Save it for Amazing Grace.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #260
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    go for it California!!!
    But, restrictions to legally buy it or smoke it is to be over 21, gainfully employed, and not on welfare or food stamps.
    Maybe being 21, but I prefer 18 for all with everything. The rest of what you said, no. If it's legal it's legal, and that's it.

    I have severe pain, and I haven't tried it yet, but it is available in pill form, and guess what, it costs over $1,350.00 a mo for 2 pills a day. That's at a reduced insurance rate. How ludicrous. Doctor's aren't really allowed to treat people with chronic pain in a sense because all those drugs are "addicting" which is again, ludicrous. When you need them, and know you'll only get 120 pills a month, you aren't going to abuse them, trust me.

    I'm so bad off I truly don't know what I'm going to do, and yes, I've tried everything. This is one thing I was hoping Obama would help the country with, and it's this antiquated way of looking at everything.

    Personally, if we are going to go down the toilet, we're probably lucky we haven't done so a long time ago.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •