Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 609

Thread: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

  1. #191
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Can I eat brownies on the job?
    No.

    I'm late to this party, but I know when I was a kid it was a lot easier to get than alcohol. Now that I am older and wouldn't buy from kids, it's a lot harder to get.

    CC, I saw your figures about teen alcohol vs. marijuana. It shows that one is more popular. There are other factors now too. Kids get drug tested in order to stay in extracurricular activities. Alcohol leaves the system quicker.
    Sports are usually the only extracurricular activity that receives drug testing, at least around here, and even then, only if there is suspicion. I've never seen this to be a deterrent if someone was going to use. Hiding one's use from the night before is not difficult at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #192
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No.



    Sports are usually the only extracurricular activity that receives drug testing, at least around here, and even then, only if there is suspicion. I've never seen this to be a deterrent if someone was going to use. Hiding one's use from the night before is not difficult at all.
    Here they test randomly and if there is a suspicion.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #193
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    If marijuana become legal, I see it handled as a combination of how alcohol and cigarettes are handled. No one will be allowed to smoke indoors in a public establishment and the same types of socially unacceptable behavior (smoking on the job for example) will apply.
    Much the same as you cannot walk down the street with a beer, or take the beer you got at the ballpark out to your car after the game. We control the setting that is accepted in as well.

    This whole socially accepted argument is silly.. If someone farted at a ball game that would be socially unaccepted, should that be prohibited? the guy yelling and being an obnoxious drunk at the ball game, socially unacceptable, we tolerate. Tolerance is the cornerstone of a functioning society. Why the double standards?
    Last edited by marduc; 03-15-09 at 09:37 PM.

  4. #194
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Much the same as you cannot walk down the street with a beer, or take the beer you got at the ballpark out to your car after the game. We control the setting that is accepted in as well.

    This whole socially accepted argument is silly.. If someone farted at a ball game that would be socially unaccepted, should that be prohibited? the guy yelling and being an obnoxious drunk at the ball game, socially unacceptable, we tolerate. Why the double standards?
    Both of the things you mention would be tolerated.

    Different levels of socially acceptable behavior are tolerated. You can fart at a ballpark with little ill effects. Start to masturbate and the impact will be far larger.

    Double entandre's rule.

    IT in 4...3...2...1...
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #195
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Here they test randomly and if there is a suspicion.
    Here only if there is suspicion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #196
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Both of the things you mention would be tolerated.

    Different levels of socially acceptable behavior are tolerated. You can fart at a ballpark with little ill effects. Start to masturbate and the impact will be far larger.

    Double entandre's rule.

    IT in 4...3...2...1...
    Are you calling me a giant dickhead?

    Baseball should hand out joints at the gate. At least then all the spitting and crotch grabbing might be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #197
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Here only if there is suspicion.
    Here they suspect everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #198
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Here they suspect everyone.
    Here, if they knew what I knew, they probably would, too.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #199
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Both of the things you mention would be tolerated.

    Different levels of socially acceptable behavior are tolerated. You can fart at a ballpark with little ill effects. Start to masturbate and the impact will be far larger.

    Double entandre's rule.

    IT in 4...3...2...1...
    I agree, I also agree with your post I quoted, I ended up going on a tangent with my stream of thought and addressing Grateful's argument.

    the double standard was more in reference to alcohol vs. marijuana anyways, the fart was just a silly lame attempt to draw another parallel, what rationale reason is there? This goes back to my question posed in reference to the joint at the ball game. What one reason other than the smoke which is easy enough to overcome would that be a taboo while beer is not (provided both were legal obviously)? The actions of the beer drinker stand a much greater potential to result in unacceptable behavior.
    Last edited by marduc; 03-15-09 at 09:51 PM.

  10. #200
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Here, if they knew what I knew, they probably would, too.
    Now I am suspicious of you.

    If they knew what you knew, they wouldn't have the resources to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •