Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 131

Thread: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

  1. #41
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post

    Do you people seriously thing college girls should get pregnant?
    If they have their affairs in order who cares. My friend is 23 and married to a 26 year old and their son just turned one.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #42
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    I thought menopause doesnt happen until late 50s.
    It's not related to menopause, it's just a biological thing. It becomes more difficult to conceive and the risks of birth defect are higher.

    Odds of having a child with Downs at 25: 1/1500
    Odds of having a child with Downs at 30: 1/900
    Odds of having a child with Downs at 35: 1/350
    Odds of having a child with Downs at 40: 1/100
    Odds of having a child with Downs at 45: 1/19
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #43
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Yeah, and, generally 30 year olds have their **** together a little bit better then 19 year olds.

    If you have a kid when you're 19, bottom line, you're ****ing your life up. That's what abortion is for.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  4. #44
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    But luckily we have Western medicine so you can can pregnant after you've finished school and have a mortgage.

    Do you people seriously thing college girls should get pregnant?
    If they're in college, probably not, because it's difficult to do both. If they've graduated or if they're not going to college, then sure, assuming the rest of their situation is okay.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #45
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,433

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Last I checked, I'm not white trash.


    I'm not going to say a thing.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    I thought menopause doesnt happen until late 50s.
    Maybe it's a use it or loose it type thing. All I know is the further past 24 you get when having your first kid the harder it is to conceive. A woman's prime for making babes is 17-24 in regards to both her health, the babies health, the health of the pregnancy, the ease of conceiving, and the likelihood that the pregnancy will be low risk and trouble free.

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Do you people seriously thing college girls should get pregnant?
    Not possible to give you an answer based simply off that statement.

    See, that's where the difference is.

    You're making it out as if age is the determining factor, others of us DON'T think it is. And when you actually start tying to make your argument you show you don't either. You talk about not having financial security, not having an education, not being able to control urges.

    While yes, age relates to those things, it is not a direct equation. Being young Does Not automatically equal "no financial security" or "no education" or "inability to control urges". It just isn't the case.

    So you complain about how "people under 30 shouldn't get married" and you keep acting like its about age...but then your argument has little to nothing to do about age.

    Two people could be out of school and into a job by the time their 22 or 23. Depending on the field of work they could potentially be in a stable, well paying job by 19 or 20. Some people are just not going to be financial sound eough to do anything but possibly a 2 year assossiates degree or just not have the skills to get into a 4 year good university...should they just be barred from being married or having kids since you seem to think some form of higher education is mandatory for it?

    That's why I said its not necessarily a bad thing for young people to be married or have children, because the age is not the only factor that matters. You can't tell me "19 and 22 year old are married, good or bad" and except me to say definitively one way or another anymore than if you said "31 and 33 year old" because neither tell me anything about whether they should be married or have kids.

  8. #48
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Yeah, and, generally 30 year olds have their **** together a little bit better then 19 year olds.

    If you have a kid when you're 19, bottom line, you're ****ing your life up. That's what abortion is for.
    Most 19 year olds? Probably. But there are plenty who aren't ****ing up their lives, and I know plenty of 30 year olds who don't have their **** together either.

    A 19 year old with a healthy baby will probably have a less "****ed up" life than a 30 year old with a baby with Downs.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Yeah, and, generally 30 year olds have their **** together a little bit better then 19 year olds.

    If you have a kid when you're 19, bottom line, you're ****ing your life up. That's what abortion is for.
    Yay for more hyperbole. This game is fun.

    NCFY, he stands for mandatory abortion if you're under 30.

  10. #50
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,433

    Re: Alaska Gov. Palin's Daughter, Fiance Break Up

    Of course it's better for all parties involved to have their **** together before concieving a baby, but in real life, that is not going to happen all the time. Either the person is going to become responsible and be a parent, or they are not, and that's at any age.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •