Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    On trial perhaps and if guilty, jail?
    What evidence would the US have presented to do this? What if they were picked up during a fire fight? What evidence exists that they may have committed a crime in their own country or somewhere else if they were civilian terrorist combatants?

    Here’s a clue; in the old days of uniformed combatants, they were held in prison camps. But that only works when one is a UNIFORMED combatant who is fighting for a recognized Government.

    It is painfully obvious that you and millions of your fellow Liberals have no idea what is actually happening in the world and spew emotional bile like this in a vacuum of the facts or reality.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Put an innocent person in their.......and wallah you have a new terrorist that hates the USA.
    What a specious and absurd claim.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What a specious and absurd claim.
    Right back at ya....*plonk*

  4. #44
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What I said if you put an innocent person in there is a high probability they will come out hating the USA. There really is no need to put words in my mouth. Some COULD be innocent others could not.

    Not trying to put words in anyones mouth, sorry if you think so. But the fact remains that you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong here, but you are saying that we have imprisoned innocents in Gitmo right? and then I asked how you know that and you said that we can't because of the secrecy. So therefore your assumption of imprisoning innocents is really nothing more than speculation on your part, that's all.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #45
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Dood, seriously, take the tampon out. It's not a big deal. You wanted to talk about me, So I responded in kind. IF you don't want to be the subject, don't make other posters the subject. Simple as that.
    I discussed your personal views on the subject, not you personally. Perhaps the tough macho guy insults work with other people but they don't work with me. They just come off as lame. Keep trying though.

    And if you think I am baiting you. Stop crying about it and report me. Just stop mucking up threads with your personal drama.
    Nah, that would only legitimize your pathetic insults and baiting. I personally could care less. I think it's funny that you think I'm getting upset by all of this, though.

    That is all I am going to say about it, I will only address your on topic posts and strike out your whining and baiting. Sorry.
    Uh huh. Pot meet kettle.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not trying to put words in anyones mouth, sorry if you think so. But the fact remains that you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong here, but you are saying that we have imprisoned innocents in Gitmo right? and then I asked how you know that and you said that we can't because of the secrecy. So therefore your assumption of imprisoning innocents is really nothing more than speculation on your part, that's all.


    j-mac
    And them being guilty is speculation as well *shrug*

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Right back at ya....*plonk*
    That's all you have. I haven't made the specious and absurd claim; that sits with you. And the best you have is the idiotic notion that the people at Gitmo were "innocent" sobs who loved us until we illegally grabbed them off the streets while minding their own business and put them in Gitmo.

    Do you live to be wrong almost ALL of the time; or do you just do this stupid nonsense to troll threads and drag the thread IQ down?

  8. #48
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I discussed your personal views on the subject, not you personally. Perhaps the tough macho guy insults work with other people but they don't work with me. They just come off as lame. Keep trying though.



    Nah, that would only legitimize your pathetic insults and baiting. I personally could care less. I think it's funny that you think I'm getting upset by all of this, though.



    Uh huh. Pot meet kettle.


    Nothing of value to discuss here. Please try again.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    That's all you have. I haven't made the specious and absurd claim; that sits with you. And the best you have is the idiotic notion that the people at Gitmo were "innocent" sobs who loved us until we illegally grabbed them off the streets while minding their own business and put them in Gitmo.

    Do you live to be wrong almost ALL of the time; or do you just do this stupid nonsense to troll threads and drag the thread IQ down?
    Nice diatribe.....and now for real...*plonk*

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Officials: Afghanistan Taliban leader was at Gitmo

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And them being guilty is speculation as well *shrug*

    Only if you don't trust the soldiers that actually picked them up on the battlefield.



    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •