Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 147

Thread: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Crimes are deterred by the availability of the tool used to commit the crime. The harder it is to get the tool the more likely it will be the crime will not be committed.
    Isn't that sweet....doesn't work in the real world, but it shore sounds purdy.

    Wanna know what REALLY deters gun violence by small-penis psychos?

    The worry that someone else might have a bigger penis...er gun and stop them before they can finish their goal.

    What's the point in planning a major macho show with you as the BIG MAN WITH THE ONLY GUN IN TOWN, if some little girl can stop you with her own gun?

    Columbine could not have happened without gun control.
    Luby's Cafeteria would not have happened.
    V-Tech wouldn't have happened.
    9-11 wouldn't have happened.

    Deterrence is the ability to kill the person planning to do bad things.

    Prevention, which what you're describing...doesn't work.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    That's wrong.
    Crimes are not about the tool used to do a certain task; I can put a slug in your face, or I could just smash your head in with a trash-can. Crimes are about the intent of the individuals If you really want to deter crime, then you are going to have to make THOUGHT illegal.
    So if this guy didn't have a gun to massacre these victims you think he would have done the same with the bat or knife?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  3. #23
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,371

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    So if this guy didn't have a gun to massacre these victims you think he would have done the same with the bat or knife?



    Or a bomb, or a car, or arson, etc....




    WIld West?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #24
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Isn't that sweet....doesn't work in the real world, but it shore sounds purdy.

    Wanna know what REALLY deters gun violence by small-penis psychos?

    The worry that someone else might have a bigger penis...er gun and stop them before they can finish their goal.

    What's the point in planning a major macho show with you as the BIG MAN WITH THE ONLY GUN IN TOWN, if some little girl can stop you with her own gun?
    I am actually for free gun ownership. I find the topic similar to legalizing drugs, which I am also for.

    My only hesitation to free gun ownership is the increased usage of guns in conflicts that currently don't have guns present. It's funny that you use the term big and small penis because that is the exact scenario's that worry me. Some drunk guy with an ego trip pulls a gun on some other guy for talking to his girlfriend in the club.

    I used to be in security for clubs/bars. Stupid drunken fights happen daily and I would hate to see guns being brought into the mix.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Columbine could not have happened without gun control.
    Luby's Cafeteria would not have happened.
    V-Tech wouldn't have happened.
    9-11 wouldn't have happened.

    Deterrence is the ability to kill the person planning to do bad things.

    Prevention, which what you're describing...doesn't work.
    How exactly would 9/11 be prevent with the usage of guns? Are we going to allow people to bring guns onto planes? One shot of the gun and the entire plane losses cabin pressure and goes down. This is why flight marshals use rubber bullets isn't it?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  5. #25
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    So if this guy didn't have a gun to massacre these victims you think he would have done the same with the bat or knife?
    Yes I do think so. Guns are not the most effective way to kill people, fyi.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    So if this guy didn't have a gun to massacre these victims you think he would have done the same with the bat or knife?
    I think its wrong to deny basic human freedoms to some because others abuse them, in the weird hope that those denied freedoms in the weird hope that crimes dependent upon the abuse of those freedoms which didn't exist before those freedoms were restricted will somehow cease.

    Since the crimes didn't exist before the freedom was infringed on, it's logical to recognize that the crime is the result of the infringement, not the freedom itself.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I am actually for free gun ownership. I find the topic similar to legalizing drugs, which I am also for.

    My only hesitation to free gun ownership is the increased usage of guns in conflicts that currently don't have guns present. It's funny that you use the term big and small penis because that is the exact scenario's that worry me. Some drunk guy with an ego trip pulls a gun on some other guy for talking to his girlfriend in the club.
    Yeah. Used to happen.

    Shooting while drunk should be a felony.

    Laws are soooo good at deterring things, aren't they?


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I used to be in security for clubs/bars. Stupid drunken fights happen daily and I would hate to see guns being brought into the mix.
    40,000 people a year die on the nation's roads, many of them caused by drunks. Just think of the lives to be saved if we can get the drunks to shoot each other before they go home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    How exactly would 9/11 be prevent with the usage of guns?
    You mean besides removing the assurances the terrorist had that they'd be the only people on the airplane with weapons?

    Or do you mean the chance that an armed passenger might have the audacity to shoot some nice muslim trying to hijack an airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Are we going to allow people to bring guns onto planes?
    NO!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT! When a terrorist situation hits, we're going to require that the airplane land, the passengers be returned home to get their guns, and then reboard the airplane.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    One shot of the gun and the entire plane losses cabin pressure and goes down.
    Needless to say, this kind of Hollywood induced ignorance is why America ranks at the bottom of most measures of industrialized nation intelligence.

    No. A tiny friggin' bullet hole can't depressurize a major jet aircraft being filled by the air taken from the turbofan compressors pushing the simonized aluminum rock through the sky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    This is why flight marshals use rubber bullets isn't it?
    Rubber bullets don't penetrate bad guys, what's the point in having them, if they do, which I doubt.

    Nope, guns aren't a hazard to the bird.

    Guns restrictions are.

  8. #28
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Crimes are deterred by the availability of the tool used to commit the crime. The harder it is to get the tool the more likely it will be the crime will not be committed.
    Absolutely false, crimes are all about opportunity and motive, the weapon used, whether it is a gun, samurai sword, butcher knife, axe(ala Lizzy Borden), pencil, or even a shoe lace/piano wire is irrelevant, it is the end result that is desired. If a criminal has the opportunity to commit a crime, they will use any object available to carry out the action, for instance, box cutters and jet airliners killed over 3 thousand in America on a very famous date.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #29
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    So if this guy didn't have a gun to massacre these victims you think he would have done the same with the bat or knife?
    What makes you think he wouldn't?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #30
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Gunman shot by police after massacre in Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Gun laws are a deterrent. They can't stop gun crime but they can lessen it by making guns not openly available to people who aren't criminal minded enough to seek out weapons on the black market.
    Why do you need to keep guns away from those who are not criminally minded?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •