If they want to be the pretty little gazelles in a land of hyenas and lions, that's fine. Docile terrified weak herbivores have their place in the food chain.
Personally, I'd seek to be the lion the hyenas say "sir" to.
Because if the overwhelming sense of inferiority they suffer because of their lack of that basic capacity for self-defense, in disarming the law abiding, they insist on bringing those of us that DO possess those abilities down to their level, forcing ALL of us to rely on the government to protect them.
Its really quite sad.
Maybe the Liberal are right on this:
1) OK, the guy shot up people, with an assault rifle. Ban guns.
2) People get stabbed all the time. Ban knives (butter knives included - It's for the public safety, after all).
3) Doctors prescribe the wrong medicine sometimes. Ban medicine.
4) DWI hit and runs? Ban cars.
5) Train wrecks? Ban trains.
6) Slip on a wet floor? Ban water.
7) House fires? Ban air.
8) Economic meltdown? Ban money.
9) DanaRhea farts a lot? Ban his ass.
10) Congress passes gun control? Ban Congress.....
Wait!! I agree with that one.
The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016
Terrible. My thoughts are with the families of the victims.
It is an unfortunate situation for sure. If one of those people had chosen to responsibly carry, it could have been prevented. Instead they relied on the cops for protection; and cops can't instantaneously beam themselves to the troubled spots (not sure I'd like them to have that ability either), plus they don't have to help you out. I feel bad for the victims, but I hope this doesn't fuel another "let's ban all guns" crap thing because being unarmed is well more dangerous than the occasional psycho.
You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo
Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville