Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83

Thread: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

  1. #51
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    If you say so, champ.
    Oh sorry excuse me. Obviously Saudi Arabia and Iran is an exception, you know, because they uphold the values of a free and fair society.
    Where do you live???
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You honestly believe that if every country was a democracy, we could achieve world peace and stability?
    That's been a cornerstone of our foreign policy for decades. Democracies are peaceful and aren't likely to cause world havok. So let's help out countries trying to become democracies. We don't even seem to care anymore if they are capitalist. Just as long as they are democratic.

  3. #53
    Student thabigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    205

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    That's been a cornerstone of our foreign policy for decades. Democracies are peaceful and aren't likely to cause world havok. So let's help out countries trying to become democracies. We don't even seem to care anymore if they are capitalist. Just as long as they are democratic.
    Democracies are easy to manipulate and are no way less violent than a non-democratic nations.

    While that does not make them an achievable goal by other nations, in no way is it our right to impose our ideals onto others.

    Democracy, Socialism, and Communism all promise the same things, what matters is not these promises that you speak of but the way they are used.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Democracies are peaceful and aren't likely to cause world havok.
    Really? Are you considering how a Republic Democricy started or how it is now?

    We have had a LOOOOOONG and hard bumpy road to where we are now. Let's take a look at the start.

    *Woman being treated property (Where have I seen that before)
    *Black being treated as property
    *Children being used as labor
    *Unsafe working conditions
    *Slavery well intact.

    Is this the proud start you wanted to tout about? Remember this was the start of the "Democracy" you are so proud of.

    The fact is while we have great nation now, it started as quite an ignorant, fearful nation of its own people that occupied it. A nation that treated some people that occupied it unfairly and unmercifully.

    You could even call some of our former leaders savages for what they approved of and did.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 03-14-09 at 12:18 AM.

  5. #55
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Really? Are you considering how a Republic Democricy started or how it is now?

    We have had a LOOOOOONG and hard bumpy road to where we are now. Let's take a look at the start.

    *Woman being treated property (Where have I seen that before)
    *Black being treated as property
    *Children being used as labor
    *Unsafe working conditions
    *Slavery well intact.

    Is this the proud start you wanted to tout about? Remember this was the start of the "Democracy" you are so proud of.

    The fact is while we have great nation now, it started as quite an ignorant, fearful nation of its own people that occupied it. A nation that treated some people that occupied it unfairly and unmercifully.

    You could even call some of our former leaders savages for what they approved of and did.
    We see how wrong these things are now and thats a testiment to democracy.Without democracy it seems likely these things would still be going on.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  6. #56
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Who are you to claim that Democracy is needed in the Middle East? Just because it works in the West does not mean that it can make the transition to the East.
    Lets read between the lines of what your saying here your pretty much saying "democracy is ok for us but those stupid Arabs like having no say in the governments".

    People use to make similar arguements about slavery "us white people like freedom it doesent mean black people do"

    The same crap has been brought up about democracy people use to say democracy couldnt work in non-white countries.

    They said it couldnt work in Japan, India, south america,africa.

    As you may have noticed Iraqis do seem to have a taste for democracy hense them risking their lives to go vote.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  7. #57
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    Luton Protests: Two Arrested As Muslim Anti-War Demo Targets Parading British Soldiers | UK News | Sky News



    A group of Muslim protesters, who were hemmed in by police as the soldiers marched past, waved placards with slogans including: "Anglian Soldiers: Butchers of Basra" and "Anglian Soldiers: cowards, killers, extremists".

    One also read: "British Government Terrorist Government."

    A number of people staged a counter-demonstration, which is when the trouble began.

    Bedfordshire Police confirmed two people were arrested for public order offences and taken to Luton Police Station.

    Superintendent Andy Martin said: "Disappointingly, a small number of people chose to cause a disturbance during the parade, which was quickly contained by officers.

    Why dont these people just **** off no loyalty no respect.
    Is it true you can see John Kerry, Dick Turbin, and Murtha in the crowd, introduced as "Our American Brothers" and were excitedly chanting and holding signs?
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-14-09 at 10:59 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #58
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Call for ban on military protests
    Conservative MP David Davies has called on abusive protests against serving military personnel to be outlawed.

    The Monmouth MP has tabled an amendment to a bill governing religious hatred that would extend protection to the Armed Forces.

    It would make it an offence to incite hatred against serving soldiers.

    He was responding to a small group of anti-war protesters who this week demonstrated in Luton at the homecoming parade of the Royal Anglian Regiment.

    They held placards saying "Anglian soldiers go to hell" and "Butchers of Basra".
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #59
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,399

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    There were many reasons for the invasion, this was among them regardless of your apparent contempt for it.
    However it's just not that simple either. The invasion of Iraq was NOT even remotely close to being primarily a benevolent effort to liberate the people of that nation. It was an opportunistic move to push an American sphere of influence into the middle east post 9-11.

    A double negative, can I assume that this makes a positive, therefore it WAS to better their lives? Seriously, can you really think that anyone prefers the fear under a dictator like Saddam is happy under that kind of rule?
    Whether or not this betters their lives is debatable. We will see. It's not been all that great up to this point but it appears to be getting better. We absolutely need to get out of that nation, and when we do, we shall see if our efforts truly made anything better for the populace at all.

    And what in the heck is wrong with that? Should we never act in our interests?
    I'll tell you what is wrong with that. We got thousands of our own people killed or injured, we killed thousands, we injured even more, we did billions in damage to a struggling civilian infrastructure, we shredded what little international good will we had, and we cost our economy hundreds of billions of dollars worth of needless debt prosecuting the war and occupying and rebuilding damage we caused. And all for what? Our own people told Bush there were no WMD's (and were proven right), told Bush Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 (and were proven right) and told Bush Iraq was not a military threat to the U.S. or any other nation in the region due to the losses inflicted upon them during the first gulf war and the follow on sanctions...and they were right. What we did was set off a years long insurgency that ended up claiming yet thousands more lives.

    That is what is wrong with how we acted in our own interests.

    That is because it is a war, we didn't ask for this, but we will not shirk from it either.
    We absolutely asked for Iraq, we created the hype needed in order to invade. That's how bad we asked for it. Afghanistan, we didn't ask for, and it needed to be done.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-14-09 at 01:23 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #60
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,399

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Is it true you can see John Kerry, Dick Turbin, and Murtha in the crowd, introduced as "Our American Brothers" and were excitedly chanting and holding signs?
    Dude...what is wrong with you?
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •