Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83

Thread: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

  1. #41
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Thats because its not evil. These people wouldnt fight for our country given the chance, they dont deserve to be here.

    one even says "Crusade against Islam."
    You see. When something happens, all of Europe blames the jews. When one terror, hell bent, screwed up, dangerous muslim country is invaded to stop it from destabilizing and spreading its dangerous influence around the region, the muslims make out we are crusading against them. Pathetic, stupid, childish. Been there, heard it all. Let them demonstrate, just ignore them.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #42
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    -- Let them demonstrate, just ignore them.
    That's where I agree with you. We can demonstrate back we can show support for the troops but if there is an argument against such people as those protestors - the way to win it is not through putting words in their mouth that they didn't utter.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    When one terror, hell bent, screwed up, dangerous muslim country is invaded to stop it from destabilizing and spreading its dangerous influence around the region, the muslims make out we are crusading against them.
    1. No protester said anything was evil. No need to put words in their mouths.
    2. The invasion can be twisted to be seen as a attack on Islam but more importantly it DID destablize the region and ensure a spread of influence.
    Iran has further influence than it would ever have recieved under Saddam, that is fact.
    Now because of the fact Sunnis were removed from power inside Iraq, it left the field open to the extreme Iran Shia leading to surrounding Sunni Muslims to become increasingly worried about Iran's power.

    Oh and i suggest you make yourself clear because 'the Muslims' implies all muslims and that is just incorrect, A minority believe a crusade is occuring.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Thats because its not evil. These people wouldnt fight for our country given the chance, they dont deserve to be here.
    So someone has to be willing to fight to be able to live in a country?
    Last edited by Laila; 03-12-09 at 01:50 PM.

  4. #44
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    They never say Britain is evil - their placards say "Butchers of Basra", "Anglian Soldiers: Butchers of Basra," "Anglian Soldiers go to Hell" - one even says "Crusade against Islam."

    If you watch this video here on BBC you'll hear them shout "shame on you," there's probably even an "Alahu Akbar" in there but I don't hear them saying they hate the country or think it's evil.

    I don't like what they said, certainly from an ex military POV, however we do have freedom of speech and I don't see in your link or the BBC link where they said the UK is evil.
    They called the troops and government murderers and terrorists.Im pretty sure we can gather their opinions from there.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  5. #45
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    So someone has to be willing to fight to be able to live in a country?
    If they wouldnt fight for it chances are they'd dislike it, im not saying force them to leave, im saying stop moaning and leave.

    1. No protester said anything was evil. No need to put words in their mouths.
    I dont need to. They said the British government was the terrorist government. Enough said.
    2. The invasion can be twisted to be seen as a attack on Islam but more importantly it DID destablize the region and ensure a spread of influence.
    But iraq is a democracy now, that is stabilizing. When was the last time they held peaceful elections? Never, until now. I dont agree with the war but at least saddams regime is finished. And you might want to reconsider your statement about only a small minority believe we are crusading against them. More like a large minority.

    Iran has further influence than it would ever have recieved under Saddam, that is fact.
    What?

    Oh and i suggest you make yourself clear because 'the Muslims' implies all muslims and that is just incorrect, A minority believe a crusade is occuring.
    Laila if i knew the name of every muslim on this planet id pick the exceptions out but we'd be here all day so its easier to say "the muslims", obviously they dont all think the same and have different opinions, so when i say "the muslims" it should go without saying i dont mean all muslims.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #46
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    It amazes me how so called liberals dont believe in liberation.

    If you dont see why democracy needs to be made in the middle east its because you cant think long term.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  7. #47
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    It amazes me how so called liberals dont believe in liberation.

    If you dont see why democracy needs to be made in the middle east its because you cant think long term.
    Who are you to claim that Democracy is needed in the Middle East? Just because it works in the West does not mean that it can make the transition to the East.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #48
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Who are you to claim that Democracy is needed in the Middle East? Just because it works in the West does not mean that it can make the transition to the East.
    So what do you suggest? They keep there dictatorship regimes? There dangerously extremist theocracies? Democracy is a MUST and nothing else. Democracy is good, it peaceful, its fair, it cares for the people and doesnt violate there rights. Its essential for world peace and stability. Even if the ME where a bunch of communists id be like "okay fine at least thats workable", but there not. There mostly monarchy's, dictatorships, and theocracies that promote stoning and torture. Sorry but Democracy is essential for a safe, stabilized regional ME.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #49
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    So what do you suggest? They keep there dictatorship regimes? There dangerously extremist theocracies? Democracy is a MUST and nothing else.
    Really? Democracy is a must? How do you figure?

    Democracy is good, it peaceful, its fair, it cares for the people and doesnt violate there rights.
    A dictatorship is not inherently evil. It is also not inherently violent. "Fair" is subjective. A dictator can care for his people and not violate their rights.

    Its essential for world peace and stability. Even if the ME where a bunch of communists id be like "okay fine at least thats workable", but there not.
    You honestly believe that if every country was a democracy, we could achieve world peace and stability?

    There mostly monarchy's, dictatorships, and theocracies that promote stoning and torture. Sorry but Democracy is essential for a safe, stabilized regional ME.
    If you say so, champ.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #50
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Disgusting behavior of British muslims to troops returning from Iraq

    A dictatorship is not inherently evil. It is also not inherently violent. "Fair" is subjective. A dictator can care for his people and not violate their rights.
    Right so name me a dictatorship regime that isnt inherently evil? Democracy can ensure human rights are protected and equality, freedom of speech and other international laws are upheld in society. Can a tyranny ensure freedom of speech? Yeah, maybe while it suits them. It only takes one man to hand the reigns of a dictatorship over to a psychopath which is usually the case, even though he is usually a nut case himself. Then again, EgoffTib, you clearly have complete disregard for international laws. Dictatorships do exactly what it says on the tin; they dictate the people, a free society, an equal society does not exist within dictatorships. They bend the people to suit there will, they play the game by there own rules, regardless of international laws and human rights.

    How is a democracy not good? How can there be cases when dictatorship is better? There are all oppresive, evil, good for nothing regimes my friend. If you cant see that, then your blinded by your own ignorance to believe otherwise.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 03-13-09 at 08:23 PM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •