Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The definition of socialism is certainly relevant, especially since Republicans have decided to misuse the term. The Founders not only supported government intervention, they started it, by placing the government in charge of social services including the Post Office, road system and public libraries.
    Post office isn't a social service, it's business.

    Constitution does not mention libraries under Article 1, Section 8.

    The Tenth Amendment makes it perfectly clear that ONLY those powers granted under Article 1, Section 8 are available to Congress.

    Nationalizing banks, health care, mortgages, businesses; funding education, welfare, housing, health care, etc etc etc none of that is permitted under the Constitution.

    If you disagree you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The administration is not trying to practice Communism, just trying to fix the incredible mess left over by conservative Republicans. Why don't you try to help, instead of trying to manufacture bogie men?
    No. This administration is attempting to impose more socialism after the previous gang of leftists imposed theirs.

  2. #32
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Trolling and baiting to avoid the discussion.
    Trolling and baiting? He has a damn good point. Zimmer turns tail and runs every time he is asked to define Socialism. If he's going to call someone a socialist, he should probably figure out what that term means. Oh, and you are a Bureaucratic Commie Asshat .
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    The quote in bold is an absurd notion.
    1) You are validating an idea that there was a common intention of the founding fathers, which is absurd based on the fact many of them vehemently argued, and some in fact barely could stand the other. Their intentions and their political philosophies barely ever overlapped.
    Right. Their political philosophy was completely in support of a unlimited totaltarian dictatorship.

    They built a limited costitutional democratic republic by accident and never noticed the difference.

    But not to worry, people like you and Obama are out to rectify that little mistake.


    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    2) If you were to time travel a Founding Father into present day America they would probably be absolutely clueless as what to do. They'll look at the deficit, they'll look at the GPD, and they'll look at modernity's stock market and they will have a deer-in-the-headlights look. Their ideals are not compatible with modernity; we have to understand that.
    No. They wouldn't be clueless what to do. Aaron Burr would have the right notions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    3) You forget that they sorta wanted George Washington to be king.
    See? You believe they wanted a dictatorship.

    You're wrong.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Hahah you're putting a Marxist (which in totality is an ethical agrument) quote in the same sentence as evil. You're funny.
    Nothing funny about the intherent evil of Marxism.


    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Keynesian spending.
    did wonders for making FDR's depression longer and deeper.

    Didn't do anything for growing the economy.

    Just like all these "stimulus" packages.

  5. #35
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Right. Their political philosophy was completely in support of a unlimited totaltarian dictatorship.
    You're trying to say what the collective philosophy of the founding fathers is, and I am just trying to say that it is impossible to label THE IDEAL of the Founding Father.

    They built a limited costitutional democratic republic by accident and never noticed the difference.
    You know, they never did include term limits. So you might have a point.
    But not to worry, people like you and Obama are out to rectify that little mistake.
    People like me and Obama? Haha, do you even understand what you are typing? Because, we all know Obama and I are both highly supportive of a totalitarian regime. Because, we all know Obama and I are in support of forcing everyone in America to turn in their guns. Because, we all know that I stand in support of the Presidency regardless of whose at the helm, and to question the authority of the Presidency is treason against this country.
    Please now, tell me what "people like [me] and Obama" are like.


    No. They wouldn't be clueless what to do. Aaron Burr would have the right notions.
    No they would be clueless on what to do. They could not have even imagined the scale, complexity, and bull**** that goes on in modernity's politics.

    See? You believe they wanted a dictatorship.

    You're wrong.
    haha not entirely.

    I believe that we've long since abolished most, if not all, warnings/premonitions of the founding fathers. Not because we wanted to spite them, but because sooner or later we were going to have to accept the forming of political parties, and creating treaties with foreign nations. To deny that these are integral part of the United States' longevity is complete insanity.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  6. #36
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Nothing funny about the intherent evil of Marxism.
    What is this "evil" of Marx's ideologies? Please share.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  7. #37
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    What is this "evil" of Marx's ideologies? Please share.
    Marxism is "evil" simply because he does not like it. Pretty juvenile.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #38
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,551

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Trolling and baiting? He has a damn good point. Zimmer turns tail and runs every time he is asked to define Socialism. If he's going to call someone a socialist, he should probably figure out what that term means. Oh, and you are a Bureaucratic Commie Asshat .



    This idiotic cry fest of bloviating "but you don't define socialism" is weak. I have defined it at least twice since this idiocy. yet it keeps happening.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #39
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This idiotic cry fest of bloviating "but you don't define socialism" is weak. I have defined it at least twice since this idiocy. yet it keeps happening.
    He wants it from the mouth of the accuser... and it has yet to happen.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #40
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,551

    Re: Obama makes Oval Office call to reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    He wants it from the mouth of the accuser... and it has yet to happen.



    why is it important. anyone can google socialism. and anyone can apply it to obama's policies.

    It is baiting.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •