Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

  1. #41
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    Jesus, can we leave the "Dems impugned the troops" bull**** out of this spending bill debate? **** me.


    Uhm who derailed the debate. I simply responded to you.... FAIL
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #42
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Actually the delay was bipartisan. It's nice to see people coming to their senses when it comes to rejecting shrimp research in Arizona.

    Parents & kids are wondering where Obama is on the school vouchers for poor kids in DC.

    Here's an opportunity to make a difference in the education system, and he's not making a peep.

    I know where he's at, he's in the pocket of the teachers union. They're opposed to the voucher program. Vouchers cost half as much as public school and achieve better results.

    Good 'ol Dick Durbin slipped a provision in the bill to kill the voucher program.

    When the liberals talk about more money for education, what they really mean, is more money for the teachers union to keep that voting block happy.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  3. #43
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitwolfy View Post
    My point was this.......maybe the poster just assumes that one already knows what the definition of socialism is and that the person asking for a definition is just being argumentative and obtuse.

    Just a thought..........

    Hatuey know this, he just wants to gum up the thread. A childish tactic to say the least. Grow up Hatuey, we all know what it is, it's even on Wikipedia. Blah blah blah, define liberalism.

    Let me help you again. Liberalism = socialism lite
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #44
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    I believe Evan Bayh may change his vote, and I think they might even bring Sen. Kennedy in if need be to get the 60. We may see movement today.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #45
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    03-14-09 @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    283

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    And you can't find one instance in which it worked. Checkmate.
    Microsoft's ESOP. The janitors, administrative staff and line workers became multi-millionaires thanks to their participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Sort of the essence of the workers owning the means of production.

  6. #46
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    03-14-09 @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    283

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Actually the delay was bipartisan. It's nice to see people coming to their senses when it comes to rejecting shrimp research in Arizona.

    Parents & kids are wondering where Obama is on the school vouchers for poor kids in DC.

    Here's an opportunity to make a difference in the education system, and he's not making a peep.

    I know where he's at, he's in the pocket of the teachers union. They're opposed to the voucher program. Vouchers cost half as much as public school and achieve better results.

    Good 'ol Dick Durbin slipped a provision in the bill to kill the voucher program.

    When the liberals talk about more money for education, what they really mean, is more money for the teachers union to keep that voting block happy.
    Vouchers are another way to undermine our public education system. The problem is that low income kids are generally years behind their peers in education. No amount of school choice will fix that. Vouchers achieve better results b/c private schools can kick out any student it wants...especially those bringing down the aggregate performance ratings. So please stop with the nonsense about the miracles of vouchers b/c it just ain't happening.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Okay, and many of our Republican political leaders are right there with him with their pet projects. Which was my point. You painted this as the Republicans standing up to the out of control spending, I simply pointed out that as a "politics as usual", many Republicans are standing shoulder to shoulder with the Democrats on this massively out of control bill. They lack ONE Republican vote to make this happen. And that vote can be bought for about a dozen amendments or less.

    Yeah, Republicans are standing up to Obama's wasteful spending alright.
    I find this argument amusing and trite as well; that because Republicans are doing it, this excuses the behavior.

    I watched this trite commentary on MSNBC the other day that claimed that 40% of the earmarks were Republican districts as if this somehow excuses the behavior.

    Yes, Republicans who add their earmarks are hypocrites, but what about the "candidate" that claimed this practice would cease when he became President?

    This is not a debate about Republican hypocrisy as much as Liberals want to divert the debate to it; this is about irresponsible Democrats who control the voting, control the legislative process and control the White House who continue to abuse the legislative process by inserting pet projects into bills without debate.

    I am hardly surprised to see you and other Liberals attempt to divert the debate back onto Republicans who currently cannot stop any legislation and are in the extreme minority and whine about their intransigence and refusal to go along and play the same old game.

    Fascinating that during Bush's Presidency Liberals whined about how the Republicans rubber stamped his agenda, along with a substantial amount of votes from democrats, but now thinks all legislation should be "rubber" stamped using the trite and overused partisan rhetoric that it is necessary to save the economy.

    Of course factual evidence of this is non-existent; but since when have the facts or reality ever impacted Liberal talking points and fear mongering?

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Microsoft's ESOP. The janitors, administrative staff and line workers became multi-millionaires thanks to their participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Sort of the essence of the workers owning the means of production.
    Good lord, you cannot possibly be serious?

  9. #49
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you're saying conservatives are hypocrites, got it.
    As are Democrats. Some day you will understand that today's Democrats and Republicans are not so different.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate Republicans force delay on spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Vouchers are another way to undermine our public education system. The problem is that low income kids are generally years behind their peers in education. No amount of school choice will fix that.
    What a stunning commentary. The reason low income kids are years behind their peers is because the Public school system has FAILED to educate them and in order to make their jobs easier continue to pass students who cannot read past the third grade level.

    Choice actually works. The argument that choice doesn't work or change things can only be expressed by someone who is lacking historic facts. The people clamoring for the voucher system the MOST happens to be the parents of the children you want to give NO choices to and support a public system that has predictably failed them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Vouchers achieve better results b/c private schools can kick out any student it wants...especially those bringing down the aggregate performance ratings. So please stop with the nonsense about the miracles of vouchers b/c it just ain't happening.
    Vouchers achieve better results because the parents who want their children to learn ensure that their kids are enrolled in programs that will actually educate them.

    Your argument suggests that forcing ALL children to fail is a better option than giving parents a CHOICE as to where their children go to school and where to spend their tax dollars.

    It is an elitist notion that suggests that the ONLY people who should have choice are the rich, and all those poor inner city citizens have to suck it up and deal with a system that is failing miserably.

    Good lord, who can make such absurd arguments.

    "b/c private schools can kick out any student it wants"

    Although this is a patently false assertion; perhaps if public schools had this option, they too could force the parents and their children to take education more seriously? Unfortunately, and thanks to Liberal policies, the parents force the schools to baby sit their children so that the parents can go about their business. School should not be a babysitter; it should be an institution of learning. If our children choose not to learn and disrupt classrooms and students who want to, they should be removed.

    Do you have kids? Are they in the public school system? Have you recently visited your school to see how it is running and what is occurring in our classrooms? If not, perhaps you just need to STFU?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •