Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Better late than never. Karl Rove has finally agreed to testify under oath under threat of perjury. So has Harriet Meiers.

    This is important in that Congress has finally stripped away the veneer of President Bush's claims that Rove and Meiers were immune because of executive privilege. Now we will get to see how ugly it is beneath that veneer.

    Nobody is above the law - Not even a president, whether present or former.

    Article is here
    .
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Better late than never. Karl Rove has finally agreed to testify under oath under threat of perjury. So has Harriet Meiers.

    This is important in that Congress has finally stripped away the veneer of President Bush's claims that Rove and Meiers were immune because of executive privilege. Now we will get to see how ugly it is beneath that veneer.

    Nobody is above the law - Not even a president, whether present or former.

    Article is here
    .
    Honestly, I do not think anything will come of all of this. Perhaps a few new laws to protect federal prosecutors, but I seriously doubt anyone will serve jail-time for these firings. Were they removed for political reasons? Of course, but no one expects any different.

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Honestly, I do not think anything will come of all of this. Perhaps a few new laws to protect federal prosecutors, but I seriously doubt anyone will serve jail-time for these firings. Were they removed for political reasons? Of course, but no one expects any different.

    I agree that **** all with happen. I'm that jaded. No doubt both Meiers and Rove's testimony (BTW, private, not public) will be riddled with "I don't recalls." The thing that might snag Rove is the whole Seigleman thing. At least that what gives me a shread of hope.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #4
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    The idea of a political hack injecting himself into the Department of Justice gives me the creeps. How would Republicans feel if they learned James Carville was picking US attorneys?

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The idea of a political hack injecting himself into the Department of Justice gives me the creeps. How would Republicans feel if they learned James Carville was picking US attorneys?
    You really need to stop kidding yourself and just change your political lean to 'Liberal'. You are about as centrist as Navy Pride is.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  6. #6
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    I've always wondered why the investigation that actually had a driving force behind it is into one of the single lamest scandals that the nation has faced since a President was taken to court over a hummer. If I had to rank things that the Bush Administration should be investigated for, a bunch of lawyers getting fired would barely make it into the top hundred

  7. #7
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    I've always wondered why the investigation that actually had a driving force behind it is into one of the single lamest scandals that the nation has faced since a President was taken to court over a hummer. If I had to rank things that the Bush Administration should be investigated for, a bunch of lawyers getting fired would barely make it into the top hundred
    This never was about the attorneys being fired. If it were, these blowhards in Congress would still be investigating all the U.S. attorneys fired by the Clinton administration.

    This is about 'going after' Karl Rove. That's what it was always about. Poor Alberto Gonzales was just a stooge in a much greater political theater.

    The saddest part of this whole episode is that it continues. Political theater between Democrats and Republican holding office is one thing. For politicians to go after 'former' officials of a previous administration, now out of power, is another thing altogether. Which is why the idea of a 'truth commission' is so fundamentally disturbing. There's really no precedent for it that I'm aware of it. The American people voted in November and the Democrats won. Their Great Satan, Bush, is back in Texas. Yet it seems they have more enthusiasm in pursuing Bush, Rove, Cheney and other 'former' officials than they have in pursuing Obama Bin Ladin. Go figure.


  8. #8
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    This never was about the attorneys being fired. If it were, these blowhards in Congress would still be investigating all the U.S. attorneys fired by the Clinton administration.

    This is about 'going after' Karl Rove. That's what it was always about.
    QFT.

    You'd think the imbeciles heading up this witch hunt would want no part of Rove.

    It'll be fun watching Rove dismantle their investigation to nothing more than a bunch of harumphs harumphs that'll conclude with an early Sunday morning press conference.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I agree that **** all with happen. I'm that jaded. No doubt both Meiers and Rove's testimony (BTW, private, not public) will be riddled with "I don't recalls." The thing that might snag Rove is the whole Seigleman thing. At least that what gives me a shread of hope.
    Why are you worried or jaded, you don't have to live under our laws?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rove agrees to be deposed under oath after three subpoenas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    I've always wondered why the investigation that actually had a driving force behind it is into one of the single lamest scandals that the nation has faced since a President was taken to court over a hummer. If I had to rank things that the Bush Administration should be investigated for, a bunch of lawyers getting fired would barely make it into the top hundred
    Funny how different people see the same info in a completely different way.

    From what I know of this story, I feel it's highly important to get at the truth. Otherwise the Pres from here on out can call whatever shots he/she wants without having to answer to no one, most importantly, not "we the people."
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •