Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 215

Thread: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Look. If Bush's privatization of Social Security failed, which it did, then the worse case scenario was that Social Security would continue to be a public sector program.

    In contrast, if Obama's stimulus and upcoming bank bailout fails, then as a country we risk sliding into a depression. So hoping that Obama fails when we are in a crisis like we are in, is essentially hoping America fails. So for your own well being, you had better hope that his economic agenda works.
    I'm sure somewhere in the recesses of your addled mind you have justified this massive spending as neccessary to stop Armaggedon. However, I am still free of such folly and recognize Porkulus for what it is: an over reaching shift toward socialism which has ALWAYS failed.

  2. #72
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    In contrast, if Obama's stimulus and upcoming bank bailout fails, then as a country we risk sliding into a depression. So hoping that Obama fails when we are in a crisis like we are in, is essentially hoping America fails.
    This has been addressed in prior posts. You're wrong.

  3. #73
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Odd. I haven't see anything subjective argued.
    Someone made the statement that Obama does not "represent" America. That is a subjective statement. I merely pointed out that he far more represents America than Limbaugh.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #74
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I'm sure somewhere in the recesses of your addled mind you have justified this massive spending as neccessary to stop Armaggedon. However, I am still free of such folly and recognize Porkulus for what it is: an over reaching shift toward socialism which has ALWAYS failed.
    I don't agree with all the spending in the Stimulus program. However, I am not stupid. I would rather be wrong than be destitute.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Someone made the statement that Obama does not "represent" America.
    Wrong again. I did not say "Obama does not represent America" because clearly he does represent us as a servant to the people who elected him.

    I said "Obama is not America" and that Obama failing does not translate to America failing.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I'm sure somewhere in the recesses of your addled mind you have justified this massive spending as neccessary to stop Armaggedon. However, I am still free of such folly and recognize Porkulus for what it is: an over reaching shift toward socialism which has ALWAYS failed.
    Would you blame socialism for the current financial crisis?

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I don't agree with all the spending in the Stimulus program. However, I am not stupid. I would rather be wrong than be destitute.
    If he does anything for the economy, I will give him credit for it then. Right now, I am not very hopeful.

  8. #78
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Wrong again. I did not say "Obama does not represent America" because clearly he does represent us as a servant to the people who elected him.

    I said "Obama is not America" and that Obama failing does not translate to America failing.
    If his economic policies fail, then America could slide into a Depression. So agree with them or not, you had better hope they don't fail.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Would you blame socialism for the current financial crisis?
    Why would I do that?

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    If his economic policies fail, then America could slide into a Depression. So agree with them or not, you had better hope they don't fail.
    We have survived Depression. I hope he fails.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •