Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 215

Thread: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Apparenlty president Obanana does not know mentioning Limbaugh's name broadens his audience. In politics even slander is good because it gets your name in the papers. That fact is as old as politics and I thought everyone knew that even Obanana. Guess not (by the way prez, nice job on the stock market so far).
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    If America was a car and Obama is driving us in the wrong direction then obviously you hope he fails. The only way to get back on track is to realize you took a wrong turn. Do I personally hope Obama fails? Yep.
    Correction; the car is heading for a cliff.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    I VOTED for Obama.

    I did it for two reasons. #1 McCain was running as a Republican who was going to drive down the wrong rode under the Republican label. Obama was going to go down the wrong rode under the Democrat label. If we're going to continue to move further and further away from conservatism it is best that we do so under a Democrat and not under a Republican.
    I lost a few bets because in November of 2007 I argued that Americans were not foolish enough to put a single party in power any time soon.

    I may have underestimated the intelligence of the American voter OR, underestimated the power and desire of Americans to minimize their internal guilt for Racism thinking that Obama would once and for all put that issue to rest.

    But that is as wishful thinking as hoping that Obama's plans will fail. They won't fail; they will be implemented before the mid term Congressional elections.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    #2 I was tired of race wars and happy to see that come to an end.
    They won't so for this reason alone, your vote, along with millions of others who falsely believed this helped enable Democrats to significantly move this country leftward.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Do I hope Obama fails as in eventually we need to get back on track and start driving in the right direction? Abso****inglutely.

    ....Unless of course winged unicorns really do fly out of his arse and the heavens light up with rainbows while folks in the middle east play with my little ponies while eating ice cream. Do I see that happening? Uh no.
    This wont happen and the REALITY is that it is too late to wish this because once these Government programs are implemented it is highly likely and extremely hard to reverse.

    My argument has always been that I can't stand McCain, but compared to the alternative, I was willing to deal with his stench until someone better could be found. Unfortunately, 56% of the American people where fooled into thinking Obama was a moderate and would help this nation heal its racial wounds.

    What did that get us; a black attorney general who suggests the American people are a nation of cowards.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    My argument has always been that I can't stand McCain, but compared to the alternative, I was willing to deal with his stench until someone better could be found. Unfortunately, 56% of the American people where fooled into thinking Obama was a moderate and would help this nation heal its racial wounds.
    McCain turned into more and more of an asshat as the election went on. I would have considered voting for him indefensible. Towards the bitter end I couldn't stomach him. The Republican party needed to fail so it could pull its head out of its ass. The party as a whole needed a breather to remember who the hell they're supposed to be.

  4. #94
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,736

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    McCain turned into more and more of an asshat as the election went on. I would have considered voting for him indefensible. Towards the bitter end I couldn't stomach him. The Republican party needed to fail so it could pull its head out of its ass. The party as a whole needed a breather to remember who the hell they're supposed to be.


    I fully agree, I almost pulled the trigger on Obama, but I couldn't I voted for no one for President.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    McCain turned into more and more of an asshat as the election went on. I would have considered voting for him indefensible. Towards the bitter end I couldn't stomach him. The Republican party needed to fail so it could pull its head out of its ass. The party as a whole needed a breather to remember who the hell they're supposed to be.
    And the Democrat Party deserved what? Tell me what the Democrats did that was so much better than the Republicans and why anyone would think they deserved to get the power they so desperately wanted even to the detriment of civil discourse?

    This argument suggesting that the Republicans deserved a breather so that democrats could continue to spend us into oblivion is beyond absurd.

    That is like suggesting that someone deserves to get cancer just to see what it feels like.

    The reasons you couldn't stomach him anymore had more to do with the media assault on his campaign and whose propaganda you fell for and your willing denial towards everything Obama represented; there are no surprises over what is now happening except for those who willingly suspended their disbelief.

    Well, you got what you voted for and then some. Enjoy the crow.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I fully agree, I almost pulled the trigger on Obama, but I couldn't I voted for no one for President.
    But by not voting, you most certainly did vote FOR someone.

  7. #97
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,736

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    But by not voting, you most certainly did vote FOR someone.



    Yes I did.


    And Obama is doing everything I want as president.... Screwing the pooch royaly....


    Remember what carter did? Who did he give us? I am looking to the future.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    And the Democrat Party deserved what? Tell me what the Democrats did that was so much better than the Republicans and why anyone would think they deserved to get the power they so desperately wanted even to the detriment of civil discourse?

    This argument suggesting that the Republicans deserved a breather so that democrats could continue to spend us into oblivion is beyond absurd.

    That is like suggesting that someone deserves to get cancer just to see what it feels like.

    The reasons you couldn't stomach him anymore had more to do with the media assault on his campaign and whose propaganda you fell for and your willing denial towards everything Obama represented; there are no surprises over what is now happening except for those who willingly suspended their disbelief.

    Well, you got what you voted for and then some. Enjoy the crow.
    McCain was going to spend us into oblivion too. He should never have supported the bail out in the first place. It became abundantly clear that I had two choices. A democrat who was gonna waste my money in epic proportions or a republican who was gonna do the same. The choice was relatively easy at that point.

  9. #99
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,413

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    What's ****ty is Obama using a national crisis to press controversial agendae without any debate.

    I was willing to give all this a shot until Nancy Pelosi played like a spoiled little brat over the availability of the bill and all the things that led up to the voting.

    **** Obama and the Democrats. **** 'em in the ear.
    His agenda is hardly controversial given his approval ratings and the approval ratings for much of his agenda.

    Moreover, we had a debate on which direction the American people wanted the country to go, it was the election last year. Both sides spent 2 years making their case to the American people and the American people chose Obama overwhelmingly.

    Personally, I care far more about results than ideology. I don't agree with all Obama's economic agenda and have stated as much in other threads, but in the end, considering the crisis we find ourselves in, and for that matter the economic crisis the rest of the world is in, I would rather his economic policies succeed than to be right about where I disagree with them on.

    I think the vast majority of Americans feel the same way.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    McCain was going to spend us into oblivion too. He should never have supported the bail out in the first place. It became abundantly clear that I had two choices. A democrat who was gonna waste my money in epic proportions or a republican who was gonna do the same. The choice was relatively easy at that point.
    If you went over every McCain plan with a fine toothed comb you couldn't come anywhere near the near criminally irresponsible spending Obama is doing.

    I'd love to see what you think his program included however.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •