Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 212

Thread: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

  1. #61
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,459

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Perhaps it is because instead of making intelligent arguments we get the attack the messenger unintelligent nonsense and lies instead of actual arguments....
    Who is attacking the messenger here? Limbaugh is part of the problem for you guys. Telling you that is not "attacking the messenger." His message is "the GOP is in a shambles, we need to get our act together." And that is a pretty true message. Just because Limbaugh gets on T.V. and makes an obvious statement doesn't mean he's all of sudden the bastion of good ole honest conservatism however.

    I've seen the work product of the extreme right...on this very board for example. Unintelligent nonsense and lies instead of actual arguments. The extreme right is just as guilty as the extreme left. For the hyperpartisan lot on the right, even being associated with the Democratic party means you are a flaming liberal slapnut. Reverse that and apply it to the left and claiming to be a conservative makes you a Bush apologizing supporter of the invasion of Iraq, waterboarding, and stripped civil rights.

    It's hyperpartisan retardation.

    If Limbaugh represents true conservatism you guys are quite possibly doomed. At least while he serves as your messenger.
    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #62
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Who is attacking the messenger here? Limbaugh is part of the problem for you guys. Telling you that is not "attacking the messenger." His message is "the GOP is in a shambles, we need to get our act together." And that is a pretty true message. Just because Limbaugh gets on T.V. and makes an obvious statement doesn't mean he's all of sudden the bastion of good ole honest conservatism however.

    I've seen the work product of the extreme right...on this very board for example. Unintelligent nonsense and lies instead of actual arguments. The extreme right is just as guilty as the extreme left. For the hyperpartisan lot on the right, even being associated with the Democratic party means you are a flaming liberal slapnut. Reverse that and apply it to the left and claiming to be a conservative makes you a Bush apologizing supporter of the invasion of Iraq, waterboarding, and stripped civil rights.

    It's hyperpartisan retardation.

    If Limbaugh represents true conservatism you guys are quite possibly doomed. At least while he serves as your messenger.
    Amen, brother. It could not have been summed up any better.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #63
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I can't help but laugh at the irony of conservatives rallying around a draft dodger. Oh what a tangled web we weave.
    The flip side of that, of course, is that you would NOT find it laughable for liberals to rally around a draft dodger.

    Hmmm.... it is quite a tangled web, indeed.




  4. #64
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,459

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    And I think it's important to stress that the allegation of Limbaugh dodging the draft is in fact a product of hyperpartisan left wing rhetoric that, if said enough times, becomes somehow factual. Much like the claim that Bush dodged Vietnam by signing up for the TXANG. In neither case did these men "dodge" the draft. Bush enlisted and got a sweet spot in the TXANG, nothing wrong with that regardless of how he got the spot (allegations of his dad intervening to get him the assignment), and he did serve...even if the quality of his service is challenged as poor, at least he was there to begin with. And in Limbaugh's case he had a valid medical excuse and the military decided, not Limbaugh, that he wouldn't be going to war.

    Basically some on the left are calling Limbaugh out as a chickenhawk and citing his medical deferment and their opinion about that deferment as evidence. That Limbaugh managed to get out of military service doesn't make him unqualified to be a proponent of war, it just makes him look like a chickenhawk. And that in itself gives rise to some level of irony if you subscribe to the theory that the GOP or conservatives are the "war party." Which is historically not true. Historically it's the Democrats who were the "war party." Again we fall back to an example of skewed left wing rhetoric in which the liberals pummel the conservatives by almost accusing them of war mongering. A lot of Democrat congress members voted to invade Iraq. The real issue is the Bush administration, not the GOP.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #65
    Advisor rebelbuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    08-21-17 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    574

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    We are surely entering the Orwellian world of doublespeak with the takeover of our country by the Democrat party! We have a willing MSM press with a huge presence on TV networks, most newspapers, and a few radio stations that vote for Democrats most of the time (as has been reported) that often openly supports any candidate with a "D" by his/her name. It is, indeed, tough to convince Americans who do not follow politics closely that liberal politicians are crooked when the MSM does not hold liberals' feet to the fire. Ethics in politics is dead (unless you have an "R" by your name and you get caught jaywalking), compliments of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. As stated above, tax cheats, lobbyists, and others under investigation don't even make the MSM news because they are in bed with liberal politicians.

    I don't always agree with Limbaugh and Hannity, or Libertarians like Neal Boortz and other more independent conservative or libertarian voices on the radio. But I have no doubt that all of these conservative and libertarian voices on the radio are more in line with the majority of Americans' views than Air America, Katie Couric, or even "tingle down my leg" Chris Mathews!
    Last edited by rebelbuc; 03-01-09 at 03:19 PM.
    Obama lied... Ambassador Stevens died!

  6. #66
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,459

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuc View Post
    I don't always agree with Limbaugh and Hannity, or Libertarians like Neal Boortz and other more independent conservative or libertarian voices on the radio. But I have no doubt that all of these conservative and libertarian voices on the radio are more in line with the majority of Americans' views than Air America, Katie Couric, or even "tingle down my leg" Chris Mathews!
    How can you say that after the massive right wing talk radio campaign of '08 and the complete drubbing the conservatives took at the polls? The majority of Americans are clearly not of the same mindset as Limbaugh and Hannity. Quite the contrary.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #67
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,459

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    The flip side of that, of course, is that you would NOT find it laughable for liberals to rally around a draft dodger.

    Hmmm.... it is quite a tangled web, indeed.



    Why? In the current political state of the U.S. (as is so commonly accepted) the Dems (and by default the libs) hold themselves out to be the doves, the Reps (and by default the cons) are the hawks. Liberals would naturally tend to rally around an anti-war type if the political logic were sound. Thus the claim of irony about the cons rallying around a "draft dodger" (which isn't true but you get the point I hope). So your comment isn't really all that spot on.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #68
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    just in case you didn't see.

    Your lie once again exposed.

    snopes.com: Rush Limbaugh's Pilonidal Cyst

    I await for you to show some integrity and retract/concede your argument.

    My guess is we simply won't see you in this thread again.

    Read your own link :

    1. Student deferment.

    2. Y-1

    3. 4F

    -------------------------

    Rush's draft dodging is acknowledged. He even went as far as getting his doctor to 'prepare' a report.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #69
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    How can you say that after the massive right wing talk radio campaign of '08 and the complete drubbing the conservatives took at the polls? The majority of Americans are clearly not of the same mindset as Limbaugh and Hannity. Quite the contrary.
    I think one of the biggest mistakes we can make is to use the results of the latest election to gage the conservative/liberal leanings of the American people. If that were the case, then we'd have to assume the basic ideology of Americans swung wildly back and forth from the 1980s to the early 1990s and then somehow back to the precarious middle again. Now back to the left.

    I think what's true is that Limbaugh and Hannity are not nearly as 'whacko' right as many on the left would like to have us believe. They do, in fact, represent a good majority of Americans well-within the mainstream of political thought. Just as Katie Couric or Chris Matthews or Keith Olberman are also within the 'mainstream', though on the other end of it.

    Limbaugh and Hannity are generally targeted not because of the fringeness of their ideas... but because of the enormous audiences they generate, and the power that comes with that.

  10. #70
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,459

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Read your own link :

    1. Student deferment.

    2. Y-1

    3. 4F

    -------------------------

    Rush's draft dodging is acknowledged. He even went as far as getting his doctor to 'prepare' a report.
    Come on Hatuey, I absolutely despise Rush Limbaugh, but to insinuate that report from his doctor was not legitimate is gonna take some corroboration. The medical diagnosis is genuinely a reason to be deferred from military service. Technically he wasn't a draft dodger, he had, by all accounts, a legitimate deferment.

    Unless of course I'm missing something. There are plenty of good reasons to beat Limbaugh up with, I just don't see this as one of them.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •