Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 212

Thread: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

  1. #141
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh, so if he isn't taking a dump on Bush's portrait you're not happy.
    Amen, Brother.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #142
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    oh wait,

    here is one

    "Rush finally speaking out about an issue that millions of Americans have been concerned [Bush's immigration stance] about for years could certainly give the open borders advocates at the WSJ a run for their money"


    WND and the WSJ on Rush, Bush, and illegal immigration
    Okay I read that article and the links. Not once does Rush mention Bush by name. And his only criticism of the administration is this....
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbaugh
    Now, I'm going to tell you something, folks. This issue, if not handled properly by this administration, it could be the issue that severs the existing Republican coalition and could see to it to create the rise of a new Perot or somebody, where a president only needs to get 43% of the vote to win, a'la Bill Clinton, because some of the Republican coalition breaks away and votes for the newcomer. This is the issue that could cause that to happen if they're not careful...
    So I'll say he definitely references the "administration" but his criticism isn't a criticism so much as it is a warning of things to come. He's not saying "you're doing this wrong," he's saying "if you don't do this right this could happen."
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #143
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    uhm ok winston, I tried to show you and others. nothing I say will convince you.


    I love it when people who don't listen to something tell me what I hear.



    The argument though was that he always agreed with Bush. I proved thay wrong my friend.
    No, the argument was he supported Bush through his Presidency and then your contention that he was critical of him on numerous issues and highly critical of him at the end. You have not proven that point.

    If we want to move the goal posts that is fine. Is the argument now that Rush has simply disagreed with Bush on a number of occasions? If so I can see that he has disagreed with him from time to time.

    Here is the meat of the issue. Rush has been an ardent supporter of the Bush administration throughout the Presidency. That description withstands any attempt here at making him out as anything but. He never broke away and went after Bush to the degree you have previously asserted, it simply didn't happen. The GOP however walked away from Bush at the end. Rush disagreeing with Bush over immigration and warning him of not handling the issue properly certainly doesn't rise to the level of making him a Bush critic. It just means he looked at Bush's support of the bill and warned him against it. It never caused him to even come close to the level of criticism he has lavished on others.

    You and American are diluting this from it's original context to one of "he didn't exactly agree with Bush on everything." And that is fine, you have proven that much. But that doesn't make him even remotely close to being a Bush critic, doesn't mean he was critical of Bush on several issues, and certainly not highly critical of Bush about anything.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-02-09 at 12:48 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #144
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh, so if he isn't taking a dump on Bush's portrait you're not happy.
    Well you could choose to stay within the context of the argument at hand and not attack based upon your moving of the goal posts. See my above post for further.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #145
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Let's set a lower bar. Rush said "I hope he fails" during Obama's first week in office. Show me something comparable that he said about Bush in eight years.

  6. #146
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, the argument was he supported Bush through his Presidency and then your contention that he was critical of him on numerous issues and highly critical of him at the end. You have not proven that point.[

    If we want to move the goal posts that is fine. Is the argument now that Rush has simply disagreed with Bush on a number of occasions? If so I can see that he has disagreed with him from time to time.

    Here is the meat of the issue. Rush has been an ardent supporter of the Bush administration throughout the Presidency. That description withstands any attempt here at making him out as anything but. He never broke away and went after Bush to the degree you have previously asserted, it simply didn't happen. The GOP however walked away from Bush at the end. Rush disagreeing with Bush over immigration and warning him of not handling the issue properly certainly doesn't rise to the level of making him a Bush critic. It just means he looked at Bush's support of the bill and warned him against it. It never caused him to even come close to the level of criticism he has lavished on others.

    You and American are diluting this from it's original context to one of "he didn't exactly agree with Bush on everything." And that is fine, you have proven that much. But that doesn't make him even remotely close to being a Bush critic, doesn't mean he was critical of Bush on several issues, and certainly not highly critical of Bush about anything.



    I moved no goal posts.


    He critisized bush on numerous issues, another is bush's prescription drug program.

    I have shown how he has been against all the bailouts.


    I have provided plenty of evidence, you refuse to see it due to partisanism...


    Please by all means, show me where Rush agreed with the perscription drug program, immigration, bailouts.... just once......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #147
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Let's set a lower bar. Rush said "I hope he fails" during Obama's first week in office. Show me something comparable that he said about Bush in eight years.


    I hope obama fails as well. I do not think nationalizing things is the answer. as 'rush said as well.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #148
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I moved no goal posts.
    You absolutely did. You know the original point you made, and who you made that in reference to. This all stemmed from your claim that Rush was not a Bush supporter throughout the Presidency. I'll remind you of what your counter argument was...
    He critisized Bush on numerous issues and highly critical at the end over the bailout therefore "all that time" is highly innaccurate.
    He critisized bush on numerous issues, another is bush's prescription drug program.
    You've yet to show him criticizing Bush. I've already proven that. I took your links, examined them, and proven he never once criticized Bush directly.

    I have shown how he has been against all the bailouts.
    You have not shown any direct criticism of Bush, which is what you said he did and what I asked you to show me.

    I have provided plenty of evidence, you refuse to see it due to partisanism...
    This not the case at all. You have presented no evidence that backs up your case here. Unless we subscribe to moving the goals posts down to "Rush didn't agree with Bush all the time." Once can support the President and not agree with everything he does.

    Please by all means, show me where Rush agreed with the perscription drug program, immigration, bailouts.... just once......
    That's your argument, not mine. I'm focused on the one we started in this thread, the one where you said "He critisized Bush on numerous issues and highly critical at the end over the bailout therefore "all that time" is highly innaccurate."

    I'm not sure where you got this "because he didn't say he agreed with Bush on certain issues means he was critical of Bush on numerous issues." Remaining silent, criticizing the Republicans, and warning the administration do not equate to Rush Limbaugh directly criticizing George W. Bush about anything.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #149
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Even if we spent hours and found something for Lerxst what diff would it make? He deny it's validity or say it isn't enough.
    Well I don't care how much time you devote to it as long as what you post is actual evidence. Saying I'd deny it before you've even found it is very assumptive on your part. I'm not a hyperpartisan like you, I just demand there be some validity to the argument someone is making. Not too much to ask.

    Ball's in your court.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #150
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Limbaugh Rallies Conservatives to Fight Democrats, Find 'Right Candidate'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You absolutely did. You know the original point you made, and who you made that in reference to. This all stemmed from your claim that Rush was not a Bush supporter throughout the Presidency. I'll remind you of what your counter argument was...



    You've yet to show him criticizing Bush. I've already proven that. I took your links, examined them, and proven he never once criticized Bush directly.


    You have not shown any direct criticism of Bush, which is what you said he did and what I asked you to show me.


    This not the case at all. You have presented no evidence that backs up your case here. Unless we subscribe to moving the goals posts down to "Rush didn't agree with Bush all the time." Once can support the President and not agree with everything he does.


    That's your argument, not mine. I'm focused on the one we started in this thread, the one where you said "He critisized Bush on numerous issues and highly critical at the end over the bailout therefore "all that time" is highly innaccurate."

    I'm not sure where you got this "because he didn't say he agreed with Bush on certain issues means he was critical of Bush on numerous issues." Remaining silent, criticizing the Republicans, and warning the administration do not equate to Rush Limbaugh directly criticizing George W. Bush about anything.




    ok man, I showed links, i quoted him, i gave you my experience from listening to his show at times.

    I listen to him sometimes, you don't. I give you evidence you say I don't.

    If there is no attempt at honest debate, I am not going to waste my time here.

    Thanks.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •