Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

  1. #41
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Aren't the laws which mandate this gross violations of the Second Amendment?
    The licensing of gun -dealers- probably is not.

  2. #42
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels


  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Can't declare war on 8% of international commerce.

    I don't think decriminalization will do enough to undercut the cartels. We would need full legalization, at least of certain drugs, coupled with purity and dosage standards and tax licensing. The cartels may be rich and organized, but I'd like to see them try to play their little games with the likes of RJ Reynolds or Philip Morris.

    Between saving money on enforcement and the tax revenue, I think it would generate sufficient revenue to fund aggressive public awareness campaigns and rehab programs.
    Quite the argument; let's eliminate crime by making the illegal activity legal.

    If we make murder legal, we would reduce a significant level of crime as well; then with all the savings the Government would have laying off police officers and border officers, we can pay down some of the trillions in debt the socialism of Obamanomics will cost us.

    Absurd you say comparing murder to legitimizing drugs? I would beg to disagree; heroine and cocaine kill, albeit not as expeditiously, as surely as a gun would.

    This idea is like putting a gun to every American's head and saying just pull the trigger when you feel the need to. Do you think that legalizing Cocaine and Heroine is a GOOD idea? Do you think it will actually reduce crime?


  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Aren't the laws which mandate this gross violations of the Second Amendment? I certainly think they are, and I don't hold the Constitution with near as much reverence as you do.
    The 2nd Amendment was designed to protect the American public from being inslaved by the government.

    The 2nd Amendment was not created to protect gun dealers who sell automatic weapons to drug cartels.

    I don't have an issue with Americans owning semi-automatic weapons of ANY variety. I draw the line when people begin selling automatic weapons to drug cartels, terrorists, or criminals in general.

  5. #45
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Quite the argument; let's eliminate crime by making the illegal activity legal.
    You make it sound like repealing ineffective, rights-infringing laws is a bad thing. "If you don't like the law, don't break it; change it."

    If we make murder legal, we would reduce a significant level of crime as well; then with all the savings the Government would have laying off police officers and border officers, we can pay down some of the trillions in debt the socialism of Obamanomics will cost us.
    No. There is no comparison between legalizing murder (a crime which robs an individual of his most fundamental right) and legalizing drug use (a victimless "crime"). The money should be returned to the taxpayer.

    Absurd you say comparing murder to legitimizing drugs? I would beg to disagree; heroine and cocaine kill, albeit not as expeditiously, as surely as a gun would.
    Wrong. It's an irritating cliche now, but it's true: guns don't kill people, people do. Drugs don't kill people, people kill themselves with drugs. Get back to me when cocaine spontaneously animates and jumps up somebody's nose.

    This idea is like putting a gun to every American's head and saying just pull the trigger when you feel the need to.
    Way to take a reasonable argument and spin it into hyperbolic insanity.

    Do you think that legalizing Cocaine and Heroine is a GOOD idea? Do you think it will actually reduce crime?
    Yes and yes.
    Last edited by BulletWounD; 03-03-09 at 05:49 PM.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    You make it sound like repealing ineffective, rights-infringing laws is a bad thing. "If you don't like the law, don't break it; change it."

    No. There is no comparison between legalizing murder (a crime which robs an individual of his most fundamental right) and legalizing drug use (a victimless "crime"). The money should be returned to the taxpayer.

    Wrong. It's an irritating cliche now, but it's true: guns don't kill people, people do. Drugs don't kill people, people kill themselves with drugs. Get back to me when cocaine spontaneously animates and jumps up somebody's nose.

    Way to take a reasonable argument and spin it into hyperbolic insanity.

    Yes and yes.
    How ironic watching you suggests that legalizing heroine and cocaine is "reasonable" and “victimless.”

    Although this post was your first, one can only hope it will be your last with this kind of lunatic rant.

  7. #47
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How ironic watching you suggests that legalizing heroine and cocaine is "reasonable" and “victimless.”
    It is a victimless crime. If someone wants to knowingly subject their body to abuse, who are you to tell them that they cannot?

    Victim(n) - One that is acted on and adversely affected by a force or agent

    Although this post was your first, one can only hope it will be your last with this kind of lunatic rant.
    Now that is ironic.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #48
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How ironic watching you suggests that legalizing heroine and cocaine is "reasonable" and “victimless.”

    Although this post was your first, one can only hope it will be your last with this kind of lunatic rant.
    Protip: When one party of a debate disregards the arguments of his adversary and resorts to personal attacks it's a a clear sign of defeat.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    It is a victimless crime. If someone wants to knowingly subject their body to abuse, who are you to tell them that they cannot?

    Victim(n) - One that is acted on and adversely affected by a force or agent
    I see, so when a drug addict robs a house to support his habit, there are no victims. When a drug addict spends a family’s life savings on his habit, there are no victims. When a drug cartel trying to control the market on drugs murders police to prevent discovery, there are no victims. When a drug addict drives his vehicle into oncoming traffic, there are no victims.

    The notion that legalizing heroine and cocaine will lead to less crime is about as hysterically absurd as suggesting that using heroine or cocaine only harms one's self.

    Does anyone with a brain here think that legalizing these drugs will make them any more obtainable and that suddenly drug cartels will disappear? Does anyone here think that people stoned out of their minds wont attempt to drive their cars? Does anyone here think that just because the Government now taxes these substances they are no longer terribly harmful to society as a whole?

    Carry on.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. gun dealers arming Mexican drug cartels

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Protip: When one party of a debate disregards the arguments of his adversary and resorts to personal attacks it's a a clear sign of defeat.
    You are right; I admit defeat because logic or reason has no place with someone who argues that substances that destroy humans like heroine and cocaine should be legalized. That is not reasoned or logical, it is lunatic.

    You win, carry on.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •