Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

  1. #11
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I'd bet the farm. She will primary out Rick Perry, who was elected with only 37% of the vote in the last election. I voted for Kinky Friedman in that one.
    What thing I want to know, and I think what everyone needs to ask prospective governors, what will she do different from Perry?

  2. #12
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    What thing I want to know, and I think what everyone needs to ask prospective governors, what will she do different from Perry?
    Let's see.....

    Perry added a dollar tax to the price of a pack of cigarettes.

    Perry issued an executive order, mandating that parents get their kids shots for HPV. It was later overturned by the courts.

    Perry ordered unconstitutional checkpoints.

    Perry came up with a plan for the largest tax increase in Texas history.

    That's just a few. Hutchinson would not have done any of that.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #13
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Let's see.....

    Perry added a dollar tax to the price of a pack of cigarettes.

    Perry issued an executive order, mandating that parents get their kids shots for HPV. It was later overturned by the courts.

    Perry ordered unconstitutional checkpoints.

    Perry came up with a plan for the largest tax increase in Texas history.

    That's just a few. Hutchinson would not have done any of that.
    I'll buy that. Now, is it for sure that Hutchison will get rid of all of that?
    Last edited by DarkWizard12; 02-28-09 at 05:01 PM.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    As much as I hate the Bush and Obama stimulus packages, I have to say that those Republican governors are acting quite dumb, and are helping to recruit new voters for the Democratic party by turning down stimulus money that could be used for unemployment benefits. After all, unemployment knows no party, and a lot of those who are unemployed right now are going to turn out to be former Republicans. I think those governors should follow the example of Bobby Jindal who, while being against the stimulus, refuses to screw the unemployed in Louisiana in order to make a political point. Unemployment is a real issue, with real people, and should not be a political football.

    Article is here.
    Bobby Jindal isn't taking this money because he refuses to screw the unemployed to make a political point. He refuses to not screw the unemployed because he'd lose more votes by 'screwing the unemployed' then by standing on his beliefs. Bobby Jindal is a politician like any other.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #15
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Bobby Jindal isn't taking this money because he refuses to screw the unemployed to make a political point. He refuses to not screw the unemployed because he'd lose more votes by 'screwing the unemployed' then by standing on his beliefs. Bobby Jindal is a politician like any other.
    Oh WAAAAAAAH!

    How EVIL that PYUSH JINDALL IS!

  6. #16
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Oh WAAAAAAAH! How EVIL that PYUSH JINDALL IS!
    Your trolling is acknowledged. Now, do you have any straw man for us? Or was the silly picture all you had?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #17
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your trolling is acknowledged. Now, do you have any straw man for us? Or was the silly picture all you had?
    Nah, just a post as productive as yours was.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Nah, just a post as productive as yours was.
    He made a good point. Jindall is jumping on the no stimulus money meme.

    And now he isn't. He is being a politician just like the rest of them.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #19
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Nah, just a post as productive as yours was.
    I answered danarhea's post. He asserts Bobby Jindal is doing this because he refuses to screw the unemployed on an ideological basis. I countered that he's doing this because he'd lose more votes in his upcoming election by screwing the poor. What did YOU contribute?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #20
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Jobless Angry at Possibility of No Benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I answered danarhea's post. He asserts Bobby Jindal is doing this because he refuses to screw the unemployed on an ideological basis. I countered that he's doing this because he'd lose more votes in his upcoming election by screwing the poor. What did YOU contribute?
    Actually, my point was that Jindall is for Louisiana first. He owes his constituents before anyone else. That is why they elected him.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •