Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

  1. #1
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    TheHill.com - Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will join Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in opposing any effort to revive the 1994 assault weapons ban, putting them on the opposite side of the Obama administration.
    Reid's stance joins him with Pelosi, who told reporters Thursday that the administration had not checked with her before Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters the administration would attempt to reinstate the ban. Pelosi gave a flat “no” when asked if she had spoken to Holder or any other administration officials about the issue.

    “On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”
    And hell has frozen over. I can't believe that I would ever agree with Pelosi or Reid.

    What is this world coming to, it has got to be George Bushes fault.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #2
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,620

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    wait for it.....



    Holder has a shoot from the mouth problem.....



    Pelosi and ried know any awb will toast thier political life so they are holding off. it will come up again....


    What this does show is that it had nothing to do with keeping people "safe" from evil black rifles.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #3
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    perhaps they are aware that the timing is wrong....we have more important issues to deal with right now....besides, it would be easier to get free abortions on demand than to get such weapons banned again. there are so many unregistered weapons of all types out there that it would be next to impossible to make the USA a weapons free zone...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #4
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,620

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    perhaps they are aware that the timing is wrong....we have more important issues to deal with right now....besides, it would be easier to get free abortions on demand than to get such weapons banned again. there are so many unregistered weapons of all types out there that it would be next to impossible to make the USA a weapons free zone...



    So then the saftey of Americans and gun violence was never really thier concern in thier hoplophobic gun grabbing attempts of the past?


    Gee that's a shocker.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Part of the $175,000,000 bailout to the National Basketball Association from the Bank of America will be used for armed body guards for our beloved basetball players. Way to go president Balack O'Banana. (and of course for guns for the players as well)
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  6. #6
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So then the saftey of Americans and gun violence was never really thier concern in thier hoplophobic gun grabbing attempts of the past?


    Gee that's a shocker.
    quite a leap there.....got an agenda HH?
    To my knowledge, here has never been an attempt to grab all guns....
    Altho I will agree that the gun nuts, and the anti-gun nuts, are both silly and paranoid...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #7
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,620

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Pelosi is on record stating that if she could she would ban and confiscate all guns.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #8
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Part of the $175,000,000 bailout to the National Basketball Association from the Bank of America will be used for armed body guards for our beloved basetball players. Way to go president Balack O'Banana. (and of course for guns for the players as well)
    got a link?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #9
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Pelosi is on record stating that if she could she would ban and confiscate all guns.
    I am on record as to wanting my youth back, but that ain't gonna happen either....
    Pelosi is just ONE person in government, and it takes a majority of votes to pass a bill.
    We shouldn't worry so much about what MAY happen to our gun rights 50 years from now, especially since we have bigger economic issues right now.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #10
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,620

    Re: Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I am on record as to wanting my youth back, but that ain't gonna happen either....
    Pelosi is just ONE person in government, and it takes a majority of votes to pass a bill.
    We shouldn't worry so much about what MAY happen to our gun rights 50 years from now, especially since we have bigger economic issues right now.



    You mean like a majority to vote in a AWB.... gee thats never happened before.



    bigger problems? so this is not about protecting the public. thanks for the concession.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •