Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 225

Thread: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

  1. #191
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,431

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Oh really? explain these statistics

    Yearly firearm murders by country:
    Australia: 65 per year
    Canada: 165
    France: 255
    United Kingdom: 68
    Germany: 381
    Japan: 39
    United States: 11,127.

    My explanation is it's because the firearm community in America refuses to act responsibly in creating legislation to limit the availability of guns. What's your explanation?


    Please take sucides and criminal on criminal out of thier... Also do you have the violent crime rates?


    Also you do know more childeren die from drowning than firearms.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #192
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    You know that over 56% of "murders" are suicides?
    Actually you're wrong. The chart represents murders only. Suicide by firearm in American adds another 17,000 fatalities to the body count.


    Firearm Deaths in 2003
    The 2003 firearm death rates in the United States vary according to intent.
    United States Firearm Death Profile, 2003
    Number Rate*
    Total Firearm Deaths 30,136 10.36
    Suicides 16,907 (56.1%) 5.81
    Homicides 11,920 (39.6%) 4.10
    Unintentional 730 (2.4%) 0.25
    Legal Intervention 347 (1.2%) 0.12
    Undetermined 232 (0.8%) 0.08
    *Death rate per 100,000 population.
    Source: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC.

  3. #193
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post


    Also you do know more childeren die from drowning than firearms.
    Statistics show that about 1,500 children die of drowning each year, quite a few less than the 11,000 firearms homicides. So once again you either got the facts wrong or are just lying. Which is it? I would appreciate a correction.

    Drowning is the 4th leading cause of accidental death in the United States, claiming 4,000 lives annually. Approximately one-third are children under the age of 14.

    American Institute for Preventive Medicine

  4. #194
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,431

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Statistics show that about 1,500 children die of drowning each year, quite a few less than the 11,000 firearms homicides. So once again you either got the facts wrong or are just lying. Which is it? I would appreciate a correction.


    Gee look, your accusing me of lying cause you got your facts wrong. But hey.... That's ok...


    11,000 childeren die from firearms? IS this what you are now claiming?



    1,500? Gee that is a hell of a lot more than the number died by guns. 86.



    We should ban water!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #195
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Statistics show that about 1,500 children die of drowning each year, quite a few less than the 11,000 firearms homicides. So once again you either got the facts wrong or are just lying. Which is it? I would appreciate a correction.
    Um... YOU misunderstand. Priobably deliberately.
    He was saying that more kids die from drowning than are murdered with a firearm.

  6. #196
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Support this argument.

    Be sure to explain how, if the availability of guns is the explanation for the relatively high number of murders, how it is the number of guns goes up every year, and yet the number of gun murders is about the same as it was 35 years ago.

    Then, also be sure to compare the number of guns and the number of gun murders in each country. The US has 1 gun-related murder for every 25,000 guns.

    THEN tell us how banning 'assault weapons' will have any significant effect on this.

    And THEN tell us how a ban on 'assault weapons' does not violate the Constitution.
    What's that? No repsponse?

    Thought not. Its what usually happens when you know you have, well, no response.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 02-27-09 at 02:16 PM.

  7. #197
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Yearly firearm murders by country per year:

    Country |Murders|Population |Murders/Million |Guns/Million
    Australia: |65 |21,600,300 |3| 155,000
    Canada:| 165 |33,567,000 |5| 315,000
    France: |255 |65,073,482 |4 |320,000
    United Kingdom: |68 |61,612,300 |1 |56,000
    Germany: |381 |82,062,200 |4.6 |300,000
    Japan: |39 |127,704,000 |0.3 |<10,000
    United States: |11,127 |305,887,000 |36 |900,000

    Murders/Gun
    0.00002
    0.00002
    0.00001
    0.00002
    0.00002
    0.00003
    0.00004

    Hope my math is right.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #198
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Americans are damned violent.
    20 times more violent than Australians? I think there's more than cultural aggression at work here.

  9. #199
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,431

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    20 times more violent than Australians? I think there's more than cultural aggression at work here.




    you are right! It is the power of inanimate objects to turn people into kill crazy psychopaths!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #200
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Gee look, your accusing me of lying cause you got your facts wrong. But hey.... That's ok...
    11,000 childeren die from firearms? IS this what you are now claiming?

    1,500? Gee that is a hell of a lot more than the number died by guns. 86.

    We should ban water!
    Where did I say that 11,000 children died from firearms? I didn't, so you are lying again. No surprise there.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •