Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 225

Thread: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

  1. #121
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    It doesn't take much to prove you wrong. Take Dylan Harris, for example: Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm semi-automatic rifle with thirteen 10-round magazines, fired 96 times.
    The only house of cards here is you and your apeasement of mass murderers.
    Where has he appeased them? He simply does not want to remove the rights and liberties of citizens. Your post makes no sense.

    I don't believe in killing all children at birth, does that mean I'm appeasing mass murderers because some of those children might become one?
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #122
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    It doesn't take much to prove you wrong. Take Dylan Harris, for example: Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm semi-automatic rifle with thirteen 10-round magazines, fired 96 times.
    The only house of cards here is you and your apeasement of mass murderers.
    Again, how does that necessitate a ban over anything else? It was a semi-automatic, like a pistol and many common hunting rifles.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post

    I have no intention of Googling recent mass murders to research the types of weapons used.
    Here I will do you a favor:

    YouTube - Armed Bank Robbery

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Do not question WillRockwell! He knows what's best for you!

    He KNOWS that an insurgency could never stand up to the might of the American military. I'm sure this is steeped in his extensive military expertise. Please, Will, expand on these thoughts and enlighten me as to how our military would solve the following problems:

    How would the military differentiate between civilians and insurgents? How would the military utilize combined arms in densely populated urban areas? How would the military strategically and tactically counteract the intimate knowledge that veterans possess in regards to their operational methodology? How would the military control a landmass twenty-two times larger than Iraq? How would the military win a propaganda war against its own citizens? How would the military gather intelligence on decentralized chains of command? How would the military stop English-speaking, socially-integrated American insurgents from infiltrating their instillations and units?

    I hope your response doesn't entail the aggrandizement of military firepower with talk of tanks and stealth bombers.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-27-09 at 12:29 AM.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Here I will do you a favor:

    YouTube - Armed Bank Robbery
    Fail. This was not a mass murder. Those gunmen didn't kill anyone.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I don't appreciate you leaping to conclusions about "my argument"...this seems to be standard procedure in any firearms discussion.
    I don't appreciate your constant usage of logical fallacies. In every single post you are dumping nothing but logical fallacy after logical fallacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    We are talking about restricting weapons, not driving, not procreation. You do understand that in imagining "a bunch of people with small weapons giving our military a hard time" you are describing the ongoing murder of American military personnel? And you consider this patriotism?
    Your acting as if for some reason in America only that our military will defy thousands of years of history and not listen to the government when they order them to do something bad to citizens.

    Your argument is uninformed and unrealistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I have no intention of Googling recent mass murders to research the types of weapons used.
    A logical fallacy followed by no attempt to support your argument.

    So you can make statements as fact and not have to research it, I must know where you get your supreme knowledge.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Coming into this late... wow there have been a lot of replies!

    For my understanding, can some pro-gun people explain something to me?

    Why do you want to own an assault rifle? Is it in case you need to fight your government? Fend off an intruder? Do you plan to go hunting with one? Or is it "just because"?

    I don't really understand the need to have an assault rifle. Also, can someone explain to me if the constitution mentions unlimited access to any firearm, or if it's just to "firearms" as a rule? If the latter, then the government can technically restrict your firearms all they want, as long as you have access to some, no?

  8. #128
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Jim Jones used cyanide, not kool-aid, to commit mass murder. Perhaps cyanide should not be available to certain people.


    so you are advocating the banning of Apples, almonds, and other foods?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #129
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Coming into this late... wow there have been a lot of replies!

    For my understanding, can some pro-gun people explain something to me?

    Why do you want to own an assault rifle? Is it in case you need to fight your government? Fend off an intruder? Do you plan to go hunting with one? Or is it "just because"?

    I don't really understand the need to have an assault rifle. Also, can someone explain to me if the constitution mentions unlimited access to any firearm, or if it's just to "firearms" as a rule? If the latter, then the government can technically restrict your firearms all they want, as long as you have access to some, no?




    irrelevant.



    btw, which part of "shall not be infringed" is giving you pause?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    irrelevant.



    btw, which part of "shall not be infringed" is giving you pause?
    It wasn't in jest, I'm asking questions because I don't know.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •