Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 225

Thread: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

  1. #111
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    If there's to be war between the, dare I say, classes, then I hope to god I am the first casualty.
    Me too...

  2. #112
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Jim Jones used Kool-Aid to commit mass murder. Maybe Kool-Aid should not be available to certain people.
    Jim Jones used cyanide, not kool-aid, to commit mass murder. Perhaps cyanide should not be available to certain people.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 02-26-09 at 07:35 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  3. #113
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You are wrong, and make the same mistake as other 2nd amendment apologists of attributing automatic "liberal" motives for my response. You can't seem to understand that a person can approve of firearms, support hunting, yet feel the need to restrict certain firearms which can be used to commit mass murder. My point is that a gun owner, who by definition must be a responsible adult, should understand that certain guns should not be available to certain people. This opinion is not an excuse to begin taking away your guns, and is not in violation of the 2nd amendment.
    By your argument... certain adults.. (we all know them) shouldn't be allowed to drive... Hell they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

    But we live in a free country... Your opinion shouldn't trump my inalienable rights.


    I also find it funny that you think that a bunch of people with small weapons cannot give our military a hard time.... Have you looked at Iraq / Afghanistan lately? What makes you think that a violent uprising here wouldn't degrade into the same type of situation here?


    Oh, and try to show me where an "assault weapon" ie: ar15, or ak47 in your guy's eyes... has been used to commit mass murder in the us?
    Last edited by stevenb; 02-26-09 at 07:48 PM.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  4. #114
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    By your argument... certain adults.. (we all know them) shouldn't be allowed to drive... Hell they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

    But we live in a free country... Your opinion shouldn't trump my inalienable rights.


    I also find it funny that you think that a bunch of people with small weapons cannot give our military a hard time.... Have you looked at Iraq / Afghanistan lately? What makes you think that a violent uprising here wouldn't degrade into the same type of situation here?


    Oh, and try to show me where an "assault weapon" ie: ar15, or ak47 in your guy's eyes... has been used to commit mass murder in the us?
    I don't appreciate you leaping to conclusions about "my argument"...this seems to be standard procedure in any firearms discussion. We are talking about restricting weapons, not driving, not procreation. You do understand that in imagining "a bunch of people with small weapons giving our military a hard time" you are describing the ongoing murder of American military personnel? And you consider this patriotism?

    I have no intention of Googling recent mass murders to research the types of weapons used.

  5. #115
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I don't appreciate you leaping to conclusions about "my argument"...this seems to be standard procedure in any firearms discussion. We are talking about restricting weapons, not driving, not procreation. You do understand that in imagining "a bunch of people with small weapons giving our military a hard time" you are describing the ongoing murder of American military personnel? And you consider this patriotism?

    I have no intention of Googling recent mass murders to research the types of weapons used.
    As far as I'm concerned, you're the enemy.

    You seek to "responsibly limit" or "take away" my rights via gun control. Your ideas of responsibility and mine are different, and because your opinion is different / ideas are different, give you no right to seek to take my rights away.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude
    Ideologically speaking, it is very simple. Give me liberty or give me death. I will not be complicit in tyranny, whether it be through actively assissting or passively accepting it. I will die a thousand deaths before I am a party to such an evil. It seems some would rather live on their knees than die on their feet. Most would say they are deserving of our contempt, but I cannot hate someone whom I pity.

    A free nation has no room, for men with an agenda of limiting the freedoms of their fellow citizens.

    I'm describing the ability of small forces of individuals with weapons that aren't even remotely equivilent to our military's giving our army a hell of a run for their money. Murder, no, we're at war.

    And you're right, you won't google.. because then you'll turn up factual evidence that it doesn't happen.. and your whole little house of cards argument goes out the door.
    Last edited by stevenb; 02-26-09 at 08:05 PM.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  6. #116
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You are wrong, and make the same mistake as other 2nd amendment apologists of attributing automatic "liberal" motives for my response. You can't seem to understand that a person can approve of firearms, support hunting, yet feel the need to restrict certain firearms which can be used to commit mass murder. My point is that a gun owner, who by definition must be a responsible adult, should understand that certain guns should not be available to certain people. This opinion is not an excuse to begin taking away your guns, and is not in violation of the 2nd amendment.
    A) YOU are the one who does not understand, so let me help you.
    B) Adults don't need to understand anything about "certain" guns being used to "committ mass murder" that need to be banned. You can kill people en masse using anything from a gasoline pump to the right mixture of ammonia and bleach, your argument is completely irrelevant on all fronts since the second amendment Shall not be infringed, there is no way to read that you "may infringe if someone says a particular gun is scary"
    C) When you condescend to gun owners by calling them "nuts" for having a differing opinion and say they "have to understand what's good for them" your motives become extremely transparent, you want the state to infringe upon others rights in the name of safety, something the great Benjamin Franklin warned against to all free men.
    D) This is an excuse to take away guns, that is exactly what the freaking law says, they want to ban certain guns, most of which are semi-automatic.
    and finally
    E) if you don't understand that banning ownership of any type of gun for the sole reason of assigning it some kind of value past it's looks or function you do not respect the right as it was written.

    p.s. - you still haven't explained why a HK G3 select fire rifle can't be used for hunting or home defense, considering it uses a .308 round which is smaller than many big game hunting rifles and is a common hunting round.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #117
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Jim Jones used cyanide, not kool-aid, to commit mass murder. Perhaps cyanide should not be available to certain people.
    Cyanide was the bullet, Kool-Aid was the delivery system. I'll post pictures for you next time.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  8. #118
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Ban assualt rifles and you ban the most effects weapons that can be used for the amendments original purpose; defending citizens against state tyranny.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #119
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Cyanide was the bullet, Kool-Aid was the delivery system. I'll post pictures for you next time.
    And don't forget about the ricin ubrella incident from 1978, maybe those should be banned too.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #120
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    And you're right, you won't google.. because then you'll turn up factual evidence that it doesn't happen.. and your whole little house of cards argument goes out the door.
    It doesn't take much to prove you wrong. Take Dylan Harris, for example: Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm semi-automatic rifle with thirteen 10-round magazines, fired 96 times.
    The only house of cards here is you and your apeasement of mass murderers.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •