Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

  1. #61
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    This thread is the epitome of partisan politics and a good example of this forum. You almost never see someone place blame on the system, it's always on a particular President. The reality is that Congress spends like drunken sailors...Democrat and Republican alike. They have done so for decades. Complaining about a spending bill and trying to fix blame over the damaged economy to a specific president or party is just plain ignorant.

    And 9/11 didn't cause us to spend hundreds of billions of dollars and run us into monumental debt. Irresponsible decision making and a lack of effective oversight did that. Both parties are guilty for this incredibly ****ty situation this nation is in.
    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #62
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Change we all can believe in eh?
    Was Obama sitting in on the committee meetings where the bulk of these earmarks were inserted into the bill?

    No he was on the campaign trail alongside Mccain, the bill would have still came up for a vote and the results would have been the same regardless of who was president currently.

    Did he participate in the House vote?? No

    Has he signed the bill? No

    should you withhold your knee jerk impulse to throw out the "change we can believe in" jab for any and all events that occur in Washington?? Yes.

    Hell 40% of these earmarks are going to Republican districts, odd seems just about the same proportion of sitting republicans on the house floor.

    Earmarks have been business as usual for both sides of the aisle for a long while, you really expected them to stop this pasttime just beacuse a couple of people were campaigning to put them to an end. this bill has been in the pipes more than the last month or so that Obama has been in office. Perhaps if Mccain had won it would be appropriate to blame this all on him, even though he clearly had nothing to do with it.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    This thread is the epitome of partisan politics and a good example of this forum. You almost never see someone place blame on the system, it's always on a particular President.
    Plenty of people place blame on the system.

    The reality is that Congress spends like drunken sailors...Democrat and Republican alike. They have done so for decades. Complaining about a spending bill and trying to fix blame over the damaged economy to a specific president or party is just plain ignorant. And 9/11 didn't cause us to spend hundreds of billions of dollars and run us into monumental debt. Irresponsible decision making and a lack of effective oversight did that. Both parties are guilty for this incredibly ****ty situation this nation is in.
    Alright, sounds like you're off to a good start. Please expand on these thoughts and clarify what you mean in regards to:

    a. The system.
    b. The system's role in permitting and facilitating this "****ty situation."
    c. Possible solutions to this problem.

  4. #64
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    This thread is the epitome of partisan politics and a good example of this forum. You almost never see someone place blame on the system, it's always on a particular President. The reality is that Congress spends like drunken sailors...Democrat and Republican alike. They have done so for decades. Complaining about a spending bill and trying to fix blame over the damaged economy to a specific president or party is just plain ignorant.

    And 9/11 didn't cause us to spend hundreds of billions of dollars and run us into monumental debt. Irresponsible decision making and a lack of effective oversight did that. Both parties are guilty for this incredibly ****ty situation this nation is in.






    Good to see you calling out lefty here. I started this thread about The house and congress and thier drunken spending ways. Someone, (i believe MG) turned this into another obama vs bush thread......


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057938502-post12.html


    Me, I blame everyone.


    Glad to see you call MG out though. Good job.




    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 02-26-09 at 07:44 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #65
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Good to see you calling out lefty here. I started this thread about The house and congress and thier drunken spending ways. Someone, (i believe MG) turned this into another obama vs bush thread......


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057938502-post12.html


    Me, I blame everyone.


    Glad to see you call MG out though. Good job.







    What did I write that was so partisan and untrue? Did Obama not inherit an economy in shambles?

    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  6. #66
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post


    What did I write that was so partisan and untrue? Did Obama not inherit an economy in shambles?





    Don't worry my Canadian friend. I have no problem with what you posted, though I disagree with a lot of it.... I just thought that it was neat seeing Lerxst call you out for blaming presidents.


    You don't see that too often.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #67
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Don't worry my Canadian friend. I have no problem with what you posted, though I disagree with a lot of it.... I just thought that it was neat seeing Lerxst call you out for blaming presidents.


    You don't see that too often.
    Right. And the post that you quoted by me did not place blame on any President. The fact that Obama inherited an economy in shambles is nothing but fact. Anyone who has no more than 2 brain cells to rub together can decipher that.

    It seems you do have a tendancy to blame other people for things that you do yourself, my American friend.

    PS. I agree with Lerxst on a lot of things, including the above post.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #68
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Right. And the post that you quoted by me did not place blame on any President. The fact that Obama inherited an economy in shambles is nothing but fact. Anyone who has no more than 2 brain cells to rub together can decipher that.

    It seems you do have a tendancy to blame other people for things that you do yourself, my American friend.

    PS. I agree with Lerxst on a lot of things, including the above post.


    This thread is about the house here in the US.


    You talked about Obama inheriting the economy...


    Lerxst posted about people blaming economies on presidents.

    Gee.... It ain't rocket surgery.

    the fact that you want to get all obnoxious because lerxst called you out is not my problem. Don't bitch though when you get what you give, ok.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #69
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This thread is about the house here in the US.


    You talked about Obama inheriting the economy...


    Lerxst posted about people blaming economies on presidents.

    Gee.... It ain't rocket surgery.

    the fact that you want to get all obnoxious because lerxst called you out is not my problem. Don't bitch though when you get what you give, ok.

    Rocket surgery?

    Yes, you're right, Rev. It ain't rocket surgery.

    And, of course, you never blame Presidents. It's always "systems" with you, ain't it?

    Anyway, as usual, I've wasted to much time playing the semantics game with you and want to move onto bigger and better things. Like the surgery I now have to perform on my rocket.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #70
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Rocket surgery?

    Yes, you're right, Rev. It ain't rocket surgery.

    And, of course, you never blame Presidents. It's always "systems" with you, ain't it?

    Anyway, as usual, I've wasted to much time playing the semantics game with you and want to move onto bigger and better things. Like the surgery I now have to perform on my rocket.



    Don't let the door hit ya.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •