Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74

Thread: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

  1. #31
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yes.
    Reagan inherited double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, oil price pressures, the expansion of the USSR, a military in decline, national moral in decline. It wasn't pretty.
    Correct.
    The problems of the 80s were far more severe than those of today.

    Today's problem can be traced back to -certain people- pressuring banks to give loans to people that normally would not qualify for them, and the greed of those people who took out those loans.

    THAT is easily fixed. The rest just takes time.

  2. #32
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    I think the better question would be: Where is the money coming from???!!!
    Who else? The same suspects. Normal Americans will have to pay, pay, apy.

    Meet The American Worker
    YOUR GOVERMENT > "Hi', put your gun down... I'm from the government and I want to "help".
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-25-09 at 10:57 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #33
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Moderator's Warning:
    House Democrats propose 0B spending billDuplicate thread merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The world's economy is on the brink of collapse and you say it was worse in the early 80s?

    M'kay.
    The US economy was worse in the 80's than it is today - yes. But in the 80's, the global economy did not yet exist. Today it does, so if the US falters, so does the rest of the world. But I hate bringing FACTS and common sense into an argument where so much emotionalism is used on your part.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Can someone with some economic background please explain to me the point of this continued spending? I understood the stimulus bill but this second one doesn't make sense according to my knowledge of economics.

    It's as if this President and the previous one are deliberately trying to backrupt the state.

  6. #36
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Can someone with some economic background please explain to me the point of this continued spending?
    So that the Democrats can gain and retain as much political power as possible.

  7. #37
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    The US economy was worse in the 80's than it is today - yes. But in the 80's, the global economy did not yet exist. Today it does, so if the US falters, so does the rest of the world. But I hate bringing FACTS and common sense into an argument where so much emotionalism is used on your part.
    Worse, eh? My memory is shaky most times, but yet I feel confident that the US was not on the verge of economic collapse in the early 80's, let alone the banks being completely broke. Did that occur?

    And please, stop it with the personal dramatics. Apart from the depression in the 30s, there as never been a time as dire as today.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Worse, eh? My memory is shaky most times, but yet I feel confident that the US was not on the verge of economic collapse in the early 80's, let alone the banks being completely broke. Did that occur?

    And please, stop it with the personal dramatics. Apart from the depression in the 30s, there as never been a time as dire as today.
    Ah yes, I can see how someone who lives in Canada can gauge what it's like to live in the US.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  9. #39
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Anyone here ever handle an earmark?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #40
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Ah yes, I can see how someone who lives in Canada can gauge what it's like to live in the US.
    Ah, I can.

    I read.

    I've travelled extensively throught the US.

    I have loads of friends and relatives who are American.

    But most importantly, what does that have to do with the subject at hand?

    Your banks are broke. When has that happened before??? (**hint: not in the 80s)
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •