Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

  1. #21
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    You're comparing the tech bubble to what has happened recently? Your really think they are equivalent?????



    did i make an equivelency argument or did i counter the notion the economy was perfect when bush took office?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #22
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    When does it end?
    I think the better question would be: Where is the money coming from???!!!
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    did i make an equivelency argument or did i counter the notion the economy was perfect when bush took office?

    You did make it seem that they were comparable. They are not. What Obama has inherited dwarfs anything that any President has experienced in recent memory, bar none. Besides an economy on the verge of collapse, there's huge problems with infrastructure, education and healthcare, let alone a very unpopular war. According to his speech last evening, it looks like he'll try to tackle them all. If successful, I will give full credit to Conservatives who have called him Messiah.

    Godspeed, Barack.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #24
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    You did make it seem that they were comparable. They are not. What Obama has inherited dwarfs anything that any President has experienced in recent memory, bar none. Besides an economy on the verge of collapse, there's huge problems with infrastructure, education and healthcare, let alone a very unpopular war. According to his speech last evening, it looks like he'll try to tackle them all. If successful, I will give full credit to Conservatives who have called him Messiah.

    Godspeed, Barack.

    the economy was worse in the 80s that Reagan fixed. sorry.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #25
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    the economy was worse in the 80s that Reagan fixed. sorry.

    The world's economy is on the brink of collapse and you say it was worse in the early 80s?

    M'kay.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  6. #26
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Bush did not inherit an economy in shambles.
    How short and selective our memories must be...

    We were told 2001-2004 that the economy was terrible.
    All of THAT started before Bush took office.

  7. #27
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    How short and selective our memories must be...

    We were told 2001-2004 that the economy was terrible.
    All of THAT started before Bush took office.
    Are you saying that in 2001-2004, the economy of the United States of American was in a similar/equvalent state than it is today????????
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #28
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,376
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    When does it end?
    When they lose.
    Not a minute before.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #29
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Are you saying that in 2001-2004, the economy of the United States of American was in a similar/equvalent state than it is today????????
    YOU said:
    Bush did not inherit an economy in shambles.
    You're wrong, especially if you listen to the rhetoric spewed forth at the kind by your kind.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 02-25-09 at 10:57 AM.

  10. #30
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,376
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The world's economy is on the brink of collapse and you say it was worse in the early 80s?

    M'kay.
    Yes.
    Reagan inherited double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, oil price pressures, the expansion of the USSR, a military in decline, national moral in decline. It wasn't pretty.

    Go read articles in the press back then, and the stance on the USSR. They thought Reagan was nutso talking the way he did. They expected Soviet totalitarianism to keep growing, and we must be accommodating.

    You could almost hear the press cheering for the Soviets. The echoes are somewhere out in cyberspace.

    Very different from the revisionist drivel spouted by leftists today.

    I take it you were not cognizant at this time and during Carter's Reign of Error?
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-25-09 at 10:49 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •