Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 142

Thread: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    So you can drop $800 billion into two countries, but oh no... spend $800 billion on America and christ you're a socialist!
    I see you are having difficulty separating the costs to fight two wars that Congress and the people of America supported and the willful irresponsible spending without any discussion of how to fund it going on now.

    What I am also seeing from those who wallow in denial is that they desperately ignore the lies Democrats used to get into power and willfully ignore the reality that this spending is putting America into a hole deeper than any war time spending in the history of this nation for the pure purpose of expanding the Federal Governments control over our lives.

    Democrats told us that they would be transparent, fiscally responsible and would PAY as they GO; what happened to these promises?

    The ONLY reason Democrats in power REFUSE to have a debate on funding is that they know that the amount of taxes it would take to cover their power grab would cause MOST Americans to revolt.

    Obama's solution to the lies and criminal and irresponsible spending has been to claim he will cut $1.5 trillion in spending by the end of his first term. But heck, when you are a Liberal it is not the results that matter, it is as you stated, that they tried and cared.

    Tell that to yourself when you are standing in a food line waiting for a handout because jobs have vanished and your children's children will be paying for this stupidity for decades.

    I find little comfort in the notion that if they fail, which spells disaster for Americans, that at least they tried; how absurd! How trite!

  2. #22
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    I read somewhere that if we were to divide all this money up it would equal over 200,000.00 per person, here in the US.

    If that's true, does anybody think they are gonna get their share outta this?

    Something tells me not. Call me jaded and skeptical. I dunno.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I read somewhere that if we were to divide all this money up it would equal over 200,000.00 per person, here in the US.

    If that's true, does anybody think they are gonna get their share outta this?

    Something tells me not. Call me jaded and skeptical. I dunno.
    Simple math suggest this number is pretty conservative; if you look at the working population being perhaps between 100 to 150 million and the current deficit spending at about $3 trillion with interest, then add the deficit funding needed to keep SS and Medicare solvent another ($3 trillion?) and then look at paying down the current $11.5 trillion in debt, $200,000 per person seems right.

    How much would it take just to settle the CURRENT debt is a scary proposition. But now add trillions more and the looming crises with SS and Medicare; anyone who defends this is wallowing in willful ignorance.

  4. #24
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Actually, the US stimulus is rather small compared to some countries.. at least per capita.
    Such as??? I would love to see what you are counting as "stimulus"...
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #25
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Such as??? I would love to see what you are counting as "stimulus"...
    I suspect universal health care is considered an economic stimulus by some. I also suspect those who view universal health care as a stimulus would also argue that military spending is NOT a stimulus.


  6. #26
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Such as??? I would love to see what you are counting as "stimulus"...


    - Hercules, Calif., wants $2.5 million in hard-earned taxpayer money for a "Waterfront Duck Pond Park," and another $200,000 for a dog park.

    - Euless, Texas, wants $15 million for the Midway Park Family Life Center, which, you'll be glad to note, includes both a senior center and aquatic facility.

    - Natchez, Miss., "needs" a new $9.5 million sports complex "which would allow our city to host major regional and national sports tournaments."

    - Henderson, Nev., is asking for $20 million to help "develop a 60 acre multi-use sports field complex."

    - Brigham City, Utah, wants $15 million for a sports park.

    - Arlington, Texas, needs $4 million to expand its tennis center.

    - Miami, Fla., needs $15 million for a "Moore Park Community Center, Tennis Center and Day Care" facility. The city is also desperate for $3.6 million to build a covered basketball court and a new tennis court at Robert King High Park. Then there's the $94 million Orange Bowl parking garage you are being asked to pay for.

    - La Porte, Texas, wants $7.6 million for a "Life Style Center." And Oakland, Calif., needs $1 million for Fruitvale Latino Cultural and Performing Arts Center.





    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #27
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And his first act in this deficit reduction is.......

    Spending almost a trillion dollars.

    I'm so confused.

    Article is here.
    Hello my Liberal buddies. I have a few questions for you.

    1. Did your heart skip a beat from fear/shock when you heard Obama's proclamation/promise to cut the deficit in half?

    2. Do you wish he hadn't said it?

    3. Do you think this could be his "Read my lips" moment?

    4. Do you believe he will achieve this?

    5. Do you believe him or think he is full of "it"?
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-23-09 at 03:07 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #28
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    - Hercules, Calif., wants $2.5 million in hard-earned taxpayer money for a "Waterfront Duck Pond Park," and another $200,000 for a dog park.

    - Euless, Texas, wants $15 million for the Midway Park Family Life Center, which, you'll be glad to note, includes both a senior center and aquatic facility.

    - Natchez, Miss., "needs" a new $9.5 million sports complex "which would allow our city to host major regional and national sports tournaments."

    - Henderson, Nev., is asking for $20 million to help "develop a 60 acre multi-use sports field complex."

    - Brigham City, Utah, wants $15 million for a sports park.

    - Arlington, Texas, needs $4 million to expand its tennis center.

    - Miami, Fla., needs $15 million for a "Moore Park Community Center, Tennis Center and Day Care" facility. The city is also desperate for $3.6 million to build a covered basketball court and a new tennis court at Robert King High Park. Then there's the $94 million Orange Bowl parking garage you are being asked to pay for.

    - La Porte, Texas, wants $7.6 million for a "Life Style Center." And Oakland, Calif., needs $1 million for Fruitvale Latino Cultural and Performing Arts Center.





    I am partial to sports complexes, but only if they are in big cities and not in nowhere Mississippi. If the state wanted to build a freaking sports complex labeled stimulus in the city i live, instead of redesigning the roads and highways here (which i view as an utter disaster in terms of design) i would be kinda pissed off. Hopefully that didn't jinx it
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I am partial to sports complexes, but only if they are in big cities and not in nowhere Mississippi. If the state wanted to build a freaking sports complex labeled stimulus in the city i live, instead of redesigning the roads and highways here (which i view as an utter disaster in terms of design) i would be kinda pissed off. Hopefully that didn't jinx it


    Note the poor NY Islanders. Wang wants to build a HUGE arena and complex of housing, stores, etc.... All payed for by him....


    The dump known as Uniondale are giving him a hard time....



    But I digress.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama vows to cut huge deficit in half

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I see your point on a couple of things, like the golf carts, and maybe even the clean coal projects... but did anyone expect the democrats to not inject their self-interested ambitions into the stimulus bill?
    So, you're arguing that there really is no "change" in DC

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •