Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    This is beyond the pale.


    Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    President Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

    FOXNews.com
    Saturday, February 21, 2009

    John Lennon once claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Now President Obama has evidence that he's more popular than both.

    Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

    Jesus came in second on a list that includes God, Mahtma Gandhi and George Washington.

    Other historic or notable figures making the top 10 were Martin Luther King Jr., Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Abraham Lincoln, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, U.S. Airways pilot Chesley Sullenberger and Mother Teresa.

    Participants named the heroes randomly instead of being shown or read a list of people to choose from. The poll was conducted online between January 12 and 19, 2009.


    Story continued @ Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This is beyond the pale.


    Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    President Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

    FOXNews.com
    Saturday, February 21, 2009

    John Lennon once claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Now President Obama has evidence that he's more popular than both.

    Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

    Jesus came in second on a list that includes God, Mahtma Gandhi and George Washington.

    Other historic or notable figures making the top 10 were Martin Luther King Jr., Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Abraham Lincoln, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, U.S. Airways pilot Chesley Sullenberger and Mother Teresa.

    Participants named the heroes randomly instead of being shown or read a list of people to choose from. The poll was conducted online between January 12 and 19, 2009.


    Story continued @ Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com
    People thought well of Hitler, too.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-21-09 at 03:59 PM.

  3. #3
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This is beyond the pale.


    Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    President Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

    FOXNews.com
    Saturday, February 21, 2009

    John Lennon once claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Now President Obama has evidence that he's more popular than both.

    Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

    Jesus came in second on a list that includes God, Mahtma Gandhi and George Washington.

    Other historic or notable figures making the top 10 were Martin Luther King Jr., Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Abraham Lincoln, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, U.S. Airways pilot Chesley Sullenberger and Mother Teresa.

    Participants named the heroes randomly instead of being shown or read a list of people to choose from. The poll was conducted online between January 12 and 19, 2009.


    Story continued @ Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com
    Praise The Dear Leader.
    Praise The Dear Leader.
    Praise The Dear Leader.

    Show me the money.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #4
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    People thought well of Hitler, too.
    Fantastic comparison.

    The poll was horrible to begin with.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    People thought well of Hitler, too.
    Canwe justaccept that hitler was a nut like stalin or any other dicotorial ass hole ihistory including popes and various other religous nuts?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Canwe justaccept that hitler was a nut like stalin or any other dicotorial ass hole ihistory including popes and various other religous nuts?
    FYI: Stalin was an atheist.

    Nice try playing the religious card, though.

    The article of the OP argues that "popular" = "good"; your commentary has nothing to do with that, so you are off point.

    Bush was the most popular President in history at one point...and look where he is now....I rest my case.

  7. #7
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    Bush was the most popular President in history at one point
    That does not even make sense.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  8. #8
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.


    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    Oh, stop it. The poll is idiotic. People will vote for what is familiar and popular. He just took office, so of course people voted for him.

    In the big picture, the results are meaningless.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #10
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

    And on 9/14/01, people would have said Bush and Giuliani. It happens. Doesn't mean anything.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •