Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89

Thread: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

  1. #71
    Advisor Keorythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    08-05-14 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    440

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why is the far right so scared of the FD?
    Because they would have to fit the bill to have an opposing view given equal time as them on the air instead of the opposing view getting off their rear ends and funding it themselves. Sadly, this isn't going to affect news agency commentary so news commentators can make any partisan remarks or style their reporting accordingly without reprecussion.

    Its a free speech issue. Its akin to requiring anti-war protestors to organize an equal in size pro-war rally on the same site at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660
    Censorship occurs when the corporation shuts out opposing views.
    You have to prove that a corporation is shutting them out. Failure to generate ratingS and money is not being shut out. It means that you'll have to find someone to foot the bill or foot it yourself to stay on the air.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660
    It is not unconstitutional since the airwaves are legally considered PUBLIC PROPERTY.
    Yup, but the medium that you use to get your point across may cost money. Freedom is free, the soapbox you stand on might cost a few bucks.
    Last edited by Keorythe; 02-20-09 at 02:56 PM.
    Freedom is... never more than one generation away from extinction. Every generation has to learn how to protect and defend it, or its gone and gone for a long, long time- Ronald Reagan

  2. #72
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    still no where are you proving it was an "Emergency bill". I grow bored.
    Wow this is sad now. You claimed this wasn't emergency legislature only because you didn't think it was. Obama deemed it emergency legislature because he seeks to quell the growing rate of layoffs, foreclosures which are adding to the economic crisis. Your entire OPINION is based on well nothing more then opinion. What you think. Obama deemed this emergency legislature based on the economic crisis and then did as he said he'd do sign it if he thought it was urgent enough.

    Uhm yeah. Did you even read the "About" before you posted this?
    Not really. I thought the first page would give you a clue considering what was written on it :

    Yesterday, the both the House and Senate passed the stimulus package. The White House is now soliciting comments on the bill, and we encourage everyone to --- politely --- share their feedback.
    ReadTheStimulus.org

    You fail as usual...

    Obama failed at his promise. This site is there to do what he faile to do.
    - You mean post the Stimulus?

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...Id=tb_external


    Yup, I am the one who is dishonest..... Laughable


    You still haven't answered my question : Do you believe the right to petition exists? If so then you have NO REASON to support this law banning the people from bringing up legislature others might not agree with.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #73
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Wow this is sad now. You claimed this wasn't emergency legislature only because you didn't think it was. Obama deemed it emergency legislature because he seeks to quell the growing rate of layoffs, foreclosures which are adding to the economic crisis. Your entire OPINION is based on well nothing more then opinion. What you think. Obama deemed this emergency legislature based on the economic crisis and then did as he said he'd do sign it if he thought it was urgent enough.

    Show me where he deemed it "emergency legislation".


    3rd request.



    So resorting to lies now. So uhm prove this was available 5 days before the long weekend.

    You cant.



    You do relize you are arguing both he did not put it up because it was emergency legislation, and that he did now...


    How silly for you.


    You still haven't answered my question : Do you believe the right to petition exists? If so then you have NO REASON to support this law banning the people from bringing up legislature others might not agree with.


    This is called a loaded question, and thusly rejected.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why is the far right so scared of the FD?
    The entire country should be frightened of the Fairness Doctrine as it is a direct violation of the first amendment. Any time the Bill of Rights is infringed upon, the country should be concerned.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Show me where he deemed it "emergency legislation".
    3rd request.
    Obama calls for swift action on `economic emergency'

    President Barack Obama on Monday used his first news conference in office to urge Americans to embrace big government in the face of a recession he called "the most profound economic emergency since the Great Depression."

    "The federal government is the only entity left with the resources to jolt our economy back to life," Obama said during his the news conference. He implored Congress to pass his $800 billion -plus economic stimulus program.
    Or are you going to argue now that a bill seeking to alleviate economic emergency is not emergency legislation?

    So resorting to lies now. So uhm prove this was available 5 days before the long weekend.
    I don't have to because that's not what I said.

    You cant.
    I didn't say it was. I said drafts of this bill had been available for weeks to all members of congress. Thanks for proving your over reliance on straw man.

    Copies of the stimulus bill had been around LONG before he signed the final piece of legislation. Acting like huge changes were made on the day Obama signed it or for that matter 2-3 days before is non-sense.
    How is it a lie? Lawmakers were discussing the drafts for the bill weeks before a final copy was made. You're acting like 100 billion were added the day Obama signed the bill.
    This is called a loaded question, and thusly rejected.
    This bill banning fairness doctrine bans people from using the right to petition to bring up the Fairness doctrine. Do you not understand that yet?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #76
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey
    I said drafts of this bill had been available for weeks to all members of congress.
    LOL...a lot longer than a few weeks...It's not like it just came up the day before yesterday...
    Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday,

    the sixth day of January, two thousand and nine

    SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

    This Act may be cited as the `American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009'.
    ALL bills and actions taken can be found at the following sites.

    United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session

    U.S. Senate
    We just simply dont know how to govern - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  7. #77
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The entire country should be frightened of the Fairness Doctrine as it is a direct violation of the first amendment. Any time the Bill of Rights is infringed upon, the country should be concerned.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Wow an image hosted by tripod.com, you sure showed everyone American

  9. #79
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Where's your sense of humor?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #80
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    LOL...a lot longer than a few weeks...It's not like it just came up the day before yesterday...

    lets argue a separate point than the one that Obama promised to make bills available 5 days before signing it. he did not,


    ALL bills and actions taken can be found at the following sites.

    United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session

    U.S. Senate


    Not this one, it was error 404 until tuesday. you can search here to see us diuscussing this fact on numerous occasions.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •