Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

  1. #61
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    So you can't find an instance of me bringing your name into a thread when not directly in a conversation with you or to smear you when I agree with you.

    I know, you are an innocent victim here.

    You reap what you sow.

    Now go cry to weak friends who sympathize...


    Victim? nah. I am an equal partner in your games from now on.


    You indeed reap what you sow.


    So bringing up my "weak friends" after bitching about me bringing you up...


    Hypocritical much?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #62
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Forget it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So a non emergency emergency...
    In your opinion.

    Still 5 days, and by your argument, 5 business days. Show me where it was available.
    What 5 business days? I argued that this bill wasn't all that different from the drafts that had been available for weeks before the final was signed and in any case saying that Obama lied because he signed what has been deemed emergency legislature in the same manner he said he would is dishonest on your part.

    No this is not my argument at all. Why are you trying to make yourself look obtuse?
    - So then what is your argument? That Obama lied because he signed emergency legislature, which in your opinion isn't emergency legislature. Just like he said he would?

    If it was such an emergency, and therefore not subject to his promise of transparency, why wait so long.
    Because it was a FEDERAL HOLIDAY. Bills have NEVER been signed on a holiday or weekend. Not during WWII, not during the Vietnam War, Not during 9/11. Not EVER.

    I believe the market is the best solution not porkzilla.
    Doesn't answer my question. Do you believe the right to petition exists? Yes or No. If you do then you have to by logic oppose a ban on bringing up a law you don't agree with regardless of what that law is.

    Ok you whine and bitch in this thread:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057932541-post21.html

    about the mods and bitch fests while you are one of the biggest cuplrits of snide idiotic comments that turn threads into the very bitch fests you talk of.

    You want to turn it into one, by all means.

    But don't cry when you look like a hypocritical troll.

    And why you want to get on one another. Who the hell do you think takes you seriously? IT?

    Laughable....

    The only thing laughable here is the fact that you think it's perfectly reasonable to use the people's right to petition to ban people from using the right to petition.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #64
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Victim? nah. I am an equal partner in your games from now on.


    You indeed reap what you sow.


    So bringing up my "weak friends" after bitching about me bringing you up...


    Hypocritical much?
    The "weak friends" comment was a lyric from the Pantera song "Walk".

    Run your mouth when I'm not around
    It's easy to achieve
    You cry to weak friends that sympathize
    Can you hear the violins playing you song?
    Those same friends tell me your every word
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #65
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    In your opinion.
    no in yours. Apparently its was not enough of an "emergency" to quell a 3 day weekend.

    What 5 business days? I argued that this bill wasn't all that different from the drafts that had been available for weeks before the final was signed and in any case saying that Obama lied because he signed what has been deemed emergency legislature in the same manner he said he would is dishonest on your part.
    Link to where I could view any version of this bill 5 days before the One signed it.


    2nd request.






    - So then what is your argument? That Obama lied because he signed emergency legislature, which in your opinion isn't emergency legislature. Just like he said he would?
    Show me how it was "emergency legislature", this far you fail.






    Because it was a FEDERAL HOLIDAY. Bills have NEVER been signed on a holiday or weekend. Not during WWII, not during the Vietnam War, Not during 9/11. Not EVER.
    Why not on Friday then? Why was the bill not available for you and I to read. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday?




    Doesn't answer my question. Do you believe the right to petition exists? Yes or No. If you do then you have to by logic oppose a ban on bringing up a law you don't agree with regardless of what that law is.



    The only thing laughable here is the fact that you think it's perfectly reasonable to use the people's right to petition to ban people from using the right to petition.



    Straw man? red herring? nice.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #66
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    The "weak friends" comment was a lyric from the Pantera song "Walk".

    Not a pantera fan....


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #67
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    no in yours. Apparently its was not enough of an "emergency" to quell a 3 day weekend.
    Because bills REGARDLESS of the emergency have never been signed outside of Congress business days. This is getting silly now. You don't seem to understand how our government works. If I go to a hospital with a broke arm and it takes a few hours to see a doctor does that no longer mean it's not an emergency?

    Link to where I could view any version of this bill 5 days before the One signed it.

    2nd request.
    ReadTheStimulus.org

    Wow. That seems to have been easy. It even comes with links detailed all the changes as they happened. Have fun.

    Show me how it was "emergency legislature", this far you fail.
    Obama chides Republicans, demands speed on stimulus | U.S. | Reuters

    Obama said quick action on the package was imperative to avoid catastrophe and praised the group of moderate senators from both political parties for coming up with a compromise.

    Senate Democrats agreed late Friday to trim spending proposals and support tax cuts in a roughly $800 billion bill. They rolled back an earlier $937 billion proposal by culling what critics, mostly Republicans, called billions of dollars in unwarranted spending.
    NewsDaily: Congress sends $787 billion stimulus to Obama

    The U.S. Congress, handing President Barack Obama a major legislative victory, approved on Friday a $787 billion stimulus bill that aims to rush emergency government spending and tax cuts to a nation in the grip of a severe recession.
    Why not on Friday then? Why was the bill not available for you and I to read.
    It was. That you keep acting like a completely different emergency bill was signed in Denver. One not reviewed by anybody is simply dishonest.

    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday?
    What?

    Straw man? red herring? nice.
    So then you oppose this law considering that it supports banning the people from petitioning their government on certain matters?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-20-09 at 02:28 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Another bash-Obama thread. This is productive.

    Someone needs to create a new forum section to put all these.

    I'm against the Fairness Doctrine, and so is Obama, and apparently so are you Rev, so I fail to see how Obama has done something wrong.

  9. #69
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Because bills REGARDLESS of the emergency have never been signed outside of Congress business days. This is getting silly now. You don't seem to understand how our government works. If I go to a hospital with a broke arm and it takes a few hours to see a doctor does that no longer mean it's not an emergency?
    still no where are you proving it was an "Emergency bill". I grow bored.


    ReadTheStimulus.org

    Wow. That seems to have been easy. It even comes with links detailed all the changes as they happened. Have fun.

    Uhm yeah. Did you even read the "About" before you posted this?

    ReadTheStimulus.org


    You fail as usual...


    Obama failed at his promise. This site is there to do what he faile to do.





    Obama chides Republicans, demands speed on stimulus | U.S. | Reuters



    NewsDaily: Congress sends $787 billion stimulus to Obama





    It was. That you keep acting like a completely different emergency bill was signed in Denver. One not reviewed by anybody is simply dishonest.



    What?



    So then you oppose a law being brought up to banning the people from petitioning their government?



    Yup, I am the one who is dishonest..... Laughable


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #70
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Another bash-Obama thread. This is productive.

    Actually it wasn't, it was the ilk of others here who made it this way.


    Someone needs to create a new forum section to put all these.

    I'm against the Fairness Doctrine, and so is Obama, and apparently so are you Rev, so I fail to see how Obama has done something wrong.



    As far as the FD is concerned. I agree, thus far, he has done nothing wrong. His actions though make me concerned (his constant mentioning of Rush for one)....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •