Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89

Thread: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

  1. #51
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What does Obama saying that Rush is an idiot who shouldn't be listened to have to do with Obama's on record opposition to the Fairness doctrine?
    The fact that he talks about him at all publicly is very telling.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #52
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    The founders' believed that anything unconstitutional was null and void on its face, without any judicial review. If Congress "passes" a law banning freedom of speech, then technically you should ignore the law and so should any law enforcement and any other authority because it is obviously unconstitutional. By not following this approach would lend credence to the notion that the law is in affect until it is struckdown. This is totally obsurd.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Such an emergency that he flew to denver after a 3 day weekend,.
    You mean a 3 day Federal Holiday in which nobody worked? Well then

    If it was such an emergency, hope and change could have signed it.

    Still why was it not available for review as promised?
    Could have, would have, may have. So your argument is that because Obama didn't sign it when you wanted him to there is no economic crisis and this bill wasn't an emergency bill?

    Yeah such an "emergency" Obama flew to CO after a 3 day federal holiday.
    He flew to Colorado to sign the bill after a 3 day federal Holiday? Say it ain't so!

    Your complete failure to provide any evidence for this being considered "emergency legistlation" NOTED.
    So you do not believe there is an economic crisis? And you never answered my question. Do you believe the right to petition exists?

    Good example. Note how the law was put into place, then repealed? That is how democracy works.

    Now if you have a supreme court ruling showing banning this would be uncontitutional, we could go from peurile to sophomoric with your arguments.
    This is basically why nobody takes you seriously. The law that was repealed was the one the gag rule regarding bringing up anti-slavery petition. It was repealed based on the right to petition a right which protects people who wish to bring up laws to the government. Can you show that it is constitutional to ban people from bringing up laws to the government?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #54
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You mean a 3 day Federal Holiday in which nobody worked? Well then
    So a non emergency emergency...


    Still 5 days, and by your argument, 5 business days. Show me where it was available.


    Could have, would have, may have. So your argument is that because Obama didn't sign it when you wanted him to there is no economic crisis and this bill wasn't an emergency bill?

    No this is not my argument at all. Why are you trying to make yourself look obtuse?





    He flew to Colorado to sign the bill after a 3 day federal Holiday? Say it ain't so!
    If it was such an emergency, and therefore not subject to his promise of transparency, why wait so long.


    Please, your obamaggles are foggy with lust.






    So you do not believe there is an economic crisis? And you never answered my question. Do you believe the right to petition exists?

    I believe the market is the best solution not porkzilla.






    This is basically why nobody takes you seriously. The law that was repealed was the one the gag rule regarding bringing up anti-slavery petition. It was repealed based on the right to petition a right which protects people who wish to bring up laws to the government. Can you show that it is constitutional to ban people from bringing up laws to the government?



    Ok you whine and bitch in this thread:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057932541-post21.html

    about the mods and bitch fests while you are one of the biggest cuplrits of snide idiotic comments that turn threads into the very bitch fests you talk of.


    You want to turn it into one, by all means.

    But don't cry when you look like a hypocritical troll.


    And why you want to get on one another. Who the hell do you think takes you seriously? IT?


    Laughable....

    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #55
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post

    And why you want to get on one another. Who the hell do you think takes you seriously? IT?
    So in a thread that I agreed with you and thanked your OP you felt the need to try another of your infamous guilt by association fallacies.

    Yep, I'm the one, bitching, whining, crying, and throwing an overall tantrum.

    Please show where I have brought your name into a thread when not directly in a conversation with you or to smear you when I agree with you.

    Yes, I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #56
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    So in a thread that I agreed with you and thanked your OP you felt the need to try another of your infamous guilt by association fallacies.

    Yep, I'm the one, bitching, whining, crying, and throwing an overall tantrum.

    Please show where I have brought your name into a thread when not directly in a conversation with you or to smear you when I agree with you.

    Yes, I'll wait.




    Gee, when I start behaving like you, You start to cry?


    Quite frankly, The status quo you and others have built around here is played.


    YOu get what you give..... Now that its turnabout. It's an issue?



    Please. each thread is not a vaccume.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 02-20-09 at 01:55 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #57
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Okay, how about you all comment on my last post?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #58
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The founders' believed that anything unconstitutional was null and void on its face, without any judicial review. If Congress "passes" a law banning freedom of speech, then technically you should ignore the law and so should any law enforcement and any other authority because it is obviously unconstitutional. By not following this approach would lend credence to the notion that the law is in affect until it is struckdown. This is totally obsurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Okay, how about you all comment on my last post?
    Do you promise this will be your last post?

    Seriously, how do you know if a law is unconstitutional without a judge reviewing it. Who would decide?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #59
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Gee, when I start behaving like you, You start to cry?


    Quite frankly, The status quo you and others have built around here is played.


    YOu get what you give..... Now that its turnabout. It's an issue?



    Please. each thread is not a vaccume.
    So you can't find an instance of me bringing your name into a thread when not directly in a conversation with you or to smear you when I agree with you.

    I know, you are an innocent victim here.

    You reap what you sow.

    Now go cry to weak friends who sympathize...
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #60
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Senator to Force Vote on Bill Banning Fairness Doctrine

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Do you promise this will be your last post?

    Seriously, how do you know if a law is unconstitutional without a judge reviewing it. Who would decide?
    Why is only a judge qualified? Is not the power in the hand of the people ultimately?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •