Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Students Question Obama's Plan

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Well there you have it kids. Truth Detector not knowing that my position on this matter is consistent REGARDLESS of what High School kids say has decided to open his cheap suit wearing mouth. He could not not illustrate partisan stupidity and the effects of what sniffing tiger balm will do to a person's brain better.

    I wouldn't care what a high school kid who's got no investments and is still living under his parent's house says. EVER. Doesn't even matter if his/her IQ is 260,000. If he is Republican, Liberal, Conservative or Democrat. I don't trust people who still get allowances to tell me what is wrong with the economy or discuss it like they actually have a clue.

    Seriously, do you even know what a straw man is? I couldn't care less what high school kids criticizing the Bush economic policies say. And I care even less about the high school kids that criticize Obama say. But I'm waiting for you to find proof of ANYTHING you've claimed I've done. Starting with me supporting students who criticized Bush's economics.

    Now. I hope you like the taste of Nike rubber in your mouth. Or at the very least the feeling of how stupid you've made yourself look. But I expect you to disappear like you usually do.
    Nice incoherent rant. What a fascinating attempt to avoid your original idiotic assertion. Let's examine it again:

    QUOTE=Hatuey; You ever heard of the Shoe Shine boy story? John D. Rockerfeller. When High School kids who don't have a single real dollar to their name think they know more about the economy then the people running the country it's about time to pull out.

    What a specious argument to make; so what you are attempting to suggest is that the young people being educated in our school systems must not know what they are talking about for simple fact that they are in high school and haven’t lived on their own or earned a dime.

    So tell me, what part of what these students were saying was wrong Hatuey? Or is your point just your typical attack the messenger in order to avoid their argument because you can’t make a coherent rebuttal if it were handed to you?

    The people running the country right now have the economic and intellectual capacity of a lemming and you want to argue that these High School students have less? What a pile of incoherent bile.

    That Nike rubber you are talking about above must be what fills that obvious vacuum between you ears.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Do you have proof that Hatuey posted something agreeing with or propping up High School students who critizied Bush's economic policies? If not, what are you basing this off of? An assumption.

    And if you are then let I'm sure you won't mind me making the assumption that if this same thing happened to Bush you'd be whining about how its a bunch of high school kids that don't know **** about things trying to talk down to the President, a man far smarter and more knowledgable about issues than them, and that its obviously they were just brainwashed by the liberal looney left teacher of theirs.
    Was there a point to this or was it just another of your weak baseless personal attacks on me?

    But for giggles, let's examine your inane logic; Hatuey's comments are okay but mine aren't because I MAY have done the same thing had the students done it to Bush.

    Are you seeing a pattern here? Do you have any proof that I would have made these comments?

    See how easy it is to avoid the premise of my arguments? You can just make up your own assumptions to defend the stupid remarks made by someone who seldom has a coherent argument but would rather attack the messenger.

    Carry on; I look forward to more of your desperate attempts to play Mr. Moderate middle of the roader and defender of the incoherent arguments others make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    What did they say about people in glass houses again?
    This comment stinks of irony based on your comments, however, is typical of some of your incoherent attempts at moderation.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Actually, his original assertion isn't off base.

    I don't expect High School kids on average to know more about physics than a physicist.

    I don't expect High School kids on average to know more about the innerworkings of Shakespere's lesser known works than a English Lit professor at Yale.

    I don't expect High School kids on average to know more about advanced statistics than a statistician.

    I don't expect High School kids on average to know more about the genetic makeup of a sub species of dogs than a geneticist.

    And in general, I would not expect High School kids on average to know more about Public Policy than a high level politician.

    Does that mean they're stupid? No. Does that mean the education is bad? No. Does it mean that there are not some special ones that may be very gifted in a subject? Not at all. Does it mean everything they say is wrong? No.

    But its not an absurd notion to think that someone with decades of experience and education in a particular expertise is likely far more informed and learned about that area of expertise than a high school kid.

    But naturally what it comes down to is that those in power now have an economic plan and view differing from yours so they = idiots. Well, GREAT logic there. The type of wonderful logic that I'd expect out of most illogical hyperpartisans.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Nice incoherent rant. What a fascinating attempt to avoid your original idiotic assertion. Let's examine it again:

    Hatuey; You ever heard of the Shoe Shine boy story? John D. Rockerfeller. When High School kids who don't have a single real dollar to their name think they know more about the economy then the people running the country it's about time to pull out.[/I]

    What a specious argument to make; so what you are attempting to suggest is that the young people being educated in our school systems must not know what they are talking about for simple fact that they are in high school and haven’t lived on their own or earned a dime.
    Yes. Wow. Good thing you've got it from the 3rd post. Tiger Balm's Anonymous does wonders doesn't it?

    So tell me, what part of what these students were saying was wrong Hatuey?
    All of it. Thanks for asking.

    Or is your point just your typical attack the messenger in order to avoid their argument because you can’t make a coherent rebuttal if it were handed to you?
    Attack the messenger? Who's messenger? Wait don't answer that. It's irrelevant. But thanks to referring them as messengers. Unable to come up with their own thoughts and even less able produce them in a coherent speech patter. They are repeating what they've been told to repeat. Messengers. Nothing more. Nothing less. That's exactly why I don't trust them on matters of the economy.

    The people running the country right now have the economic and intellectual capacity of a lemming and you want to argue that these High School students have less? What a pile of incoherent bile.
    Wow this little bit of OPINION is very intereting. Which is why High School kids don't run the country and never have. And the people who run the country today and for the last oh 200 years have been well adults. George Bush's administration? Adults? Clinton's? Adults. Jefferson's? Adults. When was the last time high school kids ran anything other then student bodies? Never. You know there is a reason these kids are in High School right?

    That Nike rubber you are talking about above must be what fills that obvious vacuum between you ears.
    Is this your reply? I know you are but what am I? I'm still waiting for you to show where I supported High School kids that criticized Bush but like the complete and utterly dishonest individual that you are you can't. I wonder why? It must be because in your attempt to ejaculate the same old nonsense you spew on a daily basis you simply created a straw man in your mind about what my opinion would be if these kids were talking about Bush.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    let's examine your inane logic; Hatuey's comments are okay but mine aren't because I MAY have done the same thing had the students done it to Bush.
    Hautey's comment is okay; I may disagree with it to some extent but its not a hypocritical statement.

    You however complaining about Hautey based on an assumption that he's acting hypocritical, when if you apply the SAME KIND of assumption to you in this situation would also reveal hypocracy, is just kind of humerous.

    Are you seeing a pattern here? Do you have any proof that I would have made these comments?

    See how easy it is to avoid the premise of my arguments? You can just make up your own assumptions to defend the stupid remarks made by someone who seldom has a coherent argument but would rather attack the messenger.
    No, I don't! My god, I think you see my point.

    I have no more proof that you would say those comments I stated than YOU have that Hautey would say the things YOU stated he would have.

    Thus the comparison and analogy.

    The only proof i have is anecdotal based off your long term posting here and your general statements. Which is EXACTLY the same amount of evidence you have for your claim against Hautey.

    That's exactly the point I was making. You avoided the premise of his statement, made up your own assumptions to defend to give a basis for your stupid attack against someone you disliked. And you did this, ignoring the fact that if the same standard was applied to you it would show you to be as hypocritical as you were presenting him to be in your example.

    Thanks for understanding.

    (oh, and just a bit of help incase you're having trouble reading the thing next to my name. I'm not a moderate, and don't claim to be one.)

  6. #26
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Thanks for understanding.
    now who is getting all silly with assumptions

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually, his original assertion isn't off base.
    Well, actually his assertions could not be MORE off base in that it ignored the statements made by these students and suggested that their opinions were meaningless and not worthy of debate because they don’t have jobs or earn income.

    We aren’t talking about physics, or Shakespeare or genetics, we’re talking about economics. What part of this debate do you willfully ignore?

    So you agree with the premise that we should not debate the substance of their arguments and accept that politicians like Obama automatically know more about the topic because they are there? How profound.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Does that mean they're stupid? No. Does that mean the education is bad? No. Does it mean that there are not some special ones that may be very gifted in a subject? Not at all. Does it mean everything they say is wrong? No.
    Once more you are wandering off topic; Hatuey was specifically attacking these students not for their content, but for the mere fact of their status in life.

    It is absurd to suggest that someone like Obama, simply because he has more political experience knows anything about economics or the possible devastating effects of spending this nation into a HUGE hole which is the substance of these High School students comments.

    But your desperate attempt to infer what Hatuey meant from his inane comments is surely appreciated by Hatuey as is evidenced by his thanks to you. ::shocked::

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    But its not an absurd notion to think that someone with decades of experience and education in a particular expertise is likely far more informed and learned about that area of expertise than a high school kid.
    Once more it begs the question; what was it these students said that didn’t make perfect sense? Oh yeah, Hatuey wasn’t even concerned with that was he; we just discount ANYTHING they say for the mere fact that they are students. ::wink wink::


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    But naturally what it comes down to is that those in power now have an economic plan and view differing from yours so they = idiots. Well, GREAT logic there. The type of wonderful logic that I'd expect out of most illogical hyperpartisans.
    Once more you ASSume without “comprehending” the arguments. But thank you for being Hatuey’s water boy, again.
    If you were paying any attention or had any reading comprehension, the argument is, and has been, that it is economic suicide to BORROW and SPEND the nation into TWO trillion deficit without any DEBATE about how to PAY for it. I believe that was also the argument of the student which you and Hatuey do desperately want to suggest don’t know what they are talking about for the mere fact that they are students.

    So is there a point to your inane assertions? Or are you attempting to defend Obama’s policy of spending money the Government doesn’t have on pork barrel projects and that this will pull us out of a recession; if so, I would sure like to see some credible evidence of how Governments have borrowed and printed money in the past and have actually been successful in creating economic prosperity.

    I’ll end with this summary of Hatuey’s argument for you; we should not care what these High School students say because they are…..high school students and the people (lunatics) currently running the Government no so much better than these High School students because they have more experience. Forget the facts and substance right?

    Carry on, your clown like attempts to defend the indefensible have been noted.

  8. #28
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Trust me, these shtudents vill pay for der treachery!! :
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Hautey's comment is okay; I may disagree with it to some extent but its not a hypocritical statement.

    You however complaining about Hautey based on an assumption that he's acting hypocritical, when if you apply the SAME KIND of assumption to you in this situation would also reveal hypocrisy, is just kind of humorous.
    You almost got it right here, all the way up to the point where you suggested I apply the same kind of hypocritical assumptions.

    You’re more then welcome to point out where I have been a hypocrite; it would be a rare occasion. And, of course, you could never be accused of the same by making the above statements could you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The only proof i have is anecdotal based off your long term posting here and your general statements. Which is EXACTLY the same amount of evidence you have for your claim against Hautey.
    I guess this is why it is called a “Debate Forum” eh?

    Give me a huge DER there. If you are now going to play the hypocrite police you may want to start with your own postings here.

    But alas, it also requires the willful denial that Hatuey was merely blindly protecting HIS guy by impugning these students, whom neither you nor Hatuey can point out the errors made by their statements. But again, this is all about me isn’t it Zyph?


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That's exactly the point I was making. You avoided the premise of his statement, made up your own assumptions to defend to give a basis for your stupid attack against someone you disliked. And you did this, ignoring the fact that if the same standard was applied to you it would show you to be as hypocritical as you were presenting him to be in your example.
    My “stupid attack of someone I dislike? As opposed to your “stupid” attack on someone you dislike? What irony eh? I guess stupid is what stupid does right Zyph buddy?

    Yes I did, and they were quite accurate based on his history are ludicrous partisan nonsensical comments.

    But appreciate your desperate defense of HIS ASSumptions and hypocrisy over MINE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    (oh, and just a bit of help incase you're having trouble reading the thing next to my name. I'm not a moderate, and don't claim to be one.)
    Yeah, one has to keep reminding oneself of your claim in order to get passed all of your non-partisan “hypocrite” BS.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Students Question Obama's Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    now who is getting all silly with assumptions
    Trite, yet funny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •