Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    President Obama has officially arrived at Parliament Hill about 20 minutes ago. There's no shortage of security as the SS has been here for a month, planning the security for the President.

    Despite being told to stay home, thousands of people have crammed the downtown area, hoping to catch a glimpse. Without a doubt Barack is popular amongst Canadians.

    I can see Parliament from my house and the 2-3 helicopters buzzing over. Image that I'm only 2 kms from the Messiah... I don't think I'll bathe for at least a month.



    CANOE -- CNEWS - Politics: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill
    They've come to worship the One. If only they could touch his robe.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,201

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You can also see it here, as the obama lovers will avoid the actual topics and concentrate on attacking any poster who dares critisize obama... IT, DCXVLLI, hautey, aps, etc spend little time discussing the actual issues, and instead seek out anything to attack any poster who dares critisize the one.
    I'm flattered. Criticize him about FISA or his lack of torture investigations. I'll be with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    People all have different reasons for voting. I think it's pretty arrogant for you to judge which reasons are worthy and which ones aren't. I wasn't even going to vote, but decided to at the last minute because it was an historic election and I couldn't stomach the thought of Sarah Palin being the VP.

    I guess you and I define whining differently. I agree that there were plenty of Liberals whining during Bush's Administration, but the whining that the Conservatives are constantly displaying now with the whole "Obama is the messiah!" crap is not much different. By the way, I don't take issue with the people who disagree with legitimate issues and have legitimate concerns about Obama and this whole stimulus nightmare. I take issue with people who nitpick over every single ****ing issue and make a huge deal out of it.

    It doesn't change the fact that you are whining just as bad as Liberals did.
    How ironic that you continue to desperately defend your own whining while attacking others for "whining."

    You are more than welcome to point out what of my posts are "whining." My posts have contained substantial arguments for the false arguments to support the biggest intervention in the economy by Government since the New Deal.

    I await your credible support about my "whining." It is obvious you have no coherent comprehension of the word and use it in a hyper partisan way to just avoid substantive debate.

    How trite that the people who thank you are the Bush bashers extraordinaire who now "whine" about those criticizing Obama.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I think that they can be partisan at times like most people on this board, but I certainly wouldn't call them hyper-partisan. There are a group of people on both sides that I would consider hyper-partisan. I'd say the fact that your Obama criticism posts outweigh any other posts that you've started would certainly make you hyper-partisan considering that about 75% of it is pure fluff (most of which is aimed at creating a "gotcha" moment against Obama supporters).
    The above statements can only be made in a vacuum of reality and the facts.

    Too damned funny dude!

    The irony for you is that your complaints seem to be reserved for criticisms of Obama but were profoundly silent during the Bush Bashing.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    You're very conservative, and I'm moderate.
    .....oh my.

  6. #36
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How ironic that you continue to desperately defend your own whining while attacking others for "whining."

    You are more than welcome to point out what of my posts are "whining." My posts have contained substantial arguments for the false arguments to support the biggest intervention in the economy by Government since the New Deal.

    I await your credible support about my "whining." It is obvious you have no coherent comprehension of the word and use it in a hyper partisan way to just avoid substantive debate.

    How trite that the people who thank you are the Bush bashers extraordinaire who now "whine" about those criticizing Obama.
    You're kidding, right? Most of your posts are whining, which is all the more ironic because of your icon. The sad thing about you is that it's damn near impossible for a person to have a reasonable discussion with you unless they agree with your views 100%. If they agree it's no problem, but if they disagree you attack and insult them to no end using the same exact catch-phrases every time. People criticize you for it and you call it whining. Like I said, you and I obviously have a different definition of whining.

    And I don't think anyone minds when someone has a legitimate criticism against Obama. It's when someone makes an baiting attack thread every time the man does something that gets tedious.

  7. #37
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The above statements can only be made in a vacuum of reality and the facts.

    Too damned funny dude!

    The irony for you is that your complaints seem to be reserved for criticisms of Obama but were profoundly silent during the Bush Bashing.
    Like I said earlier I have no problem with people having legitimate criticisms of Obama even if I don't agree with them. Obviously you haven't been paying too much attention throughout this thread and just cherry picked posts that you didn't like to reply with your typical vitriol.

  8. #38
    Advisor rebelbuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    08-21-17 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    574

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I didn't realize that Chris Matthews was one of the posters here and that all of the Obama supporters are in the same frenzy that some in the media are about Obama.

    Oh, and kudos to your comparison of Obama to Hitler.
    Man, you are off the mark! I was referring to the huge crowds in Berlin last year when Obama campaigned for President of the World!
    Obama lied... Ambassador Stevens died!

  9. #39
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuc View Post
    Man, you are off the mark! I was referring to the huge crowds in Berlin last year when Obama campaigned for President of the World!
    Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were comparing the crowds that would swarm to see Hitler to the crowds that swarm to see Obama.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Huge crowd greets Obama on Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    You're kidding, right? Most of your posts are whining, which is all the more ironic because of your icon.
    You once more mistake Dogma and “because you say so” for facts. Hardly a surprising event with you, but I asked you to post those posts where I am whining.

    You on the other hand, whine in almost EVERY post I have ever seen.


    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    The sad thing about you is that it's damn near impossible for a person to have a reasonable discussion with you unless they agree with your views 100%.
    The sad thing about you and your fellow Liberals is that it IS impossible to have a reasonable discussion because in every single debate people like you whine and drag the debate down to the lowest common whiney insult about those you disagree with.

    Everyone of our debates ends up in a circle of futility where you make a false claim or assertion, get caught in it, then jump to a new false assertion/claim, then when caught in that one, go back to the original false claim or assertion.

    I would ask why, but in order to answer that you would have to recognize your affliction and actually attempt honest and coherent debate.

    Look at this thread, it is filled with your inane whiney blather and personal insults about perceived Right Wing hyper partisanship.


    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    If they agree it's no problem, but if they disagree you attack and insult them to no end using the same exact catch-phrases every time.
    Pot calling Kettle!

    You once more mistake Dogma and “because you say so” for facts. Hardly a surprising event with you, but I asked you to post those posts where I am whining.

    You on the other hand, whine in almost EVERY post I have ever seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    And I don't think anyone minds when someone has a legitimate criticism against Obama. It's when someone makes an baiting attack thread every time the man does something that gets tedious.
    Once more you are in profound denial. Tell me something, where were you when the Liberals who infest this forum, yourself included, every stand up and rail about your fellow partisans false whiney and baiting claims about republicans and Bush?

    That’s right, your self appointed whine detector was silent; you could hear a pin drop. So back to the thread topic; do you have a point? Or did you just want to whine about Conservatives and their “unfair” criticisms of Obama?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •