"He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
From smoke to blow.
Last edited by zimmer; 02-20-09 at 02:27 PM.
I AM DEPLORABLE.
NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)
More breaking news. A number of lawsuits have now been filed by various people:
1) In Detroit, a man has filed a lawsuit against Jack Daniels, alleging that drinking a fifth of it before he went on the road resulted in DWI charges being filed against him.
2) In Jackson, Mississippi, an overweight woman has sued the Imperial Sugar Company over the sugar she continually ate, that made her fat.
3) In New York, a man has sued his bank, claiming that having a bank account there led to criminal charges against him when he wrote a thousand dollars worth of hot checks.
4) In Honolulu, a man is suing the company that made his surfboard, that he had an accident with because he did not know how to surf.
5) In Omaha, a man is suing the company that produces eggs for the state of Nebraska, because he ate 50 of them in an egg eating contest and got sick.
6) In Traverse City, Michigan, a man is suing the maker of his snowmobile, because he drove it out onto lake Michigan and fell through the ice.
7) In Minneapolis, Larry Craig is suing the bathroom stall he got arrested in. Says Craig "If there were no bathroom stall there, I would not have gotten into the mess I got into".
8) In Los Angeles, a man has sued the city for allowing itself to be built over an earthquake zone, after he was injured in an earthquake.
9) In Houston, a man who was both stoned and drunk accidentally spilled gasoline on himself at a Chevron station, while attempting to fill up his car. He then tried to light a cigarette. He is suing Chevron for refining oil, and also suing Marlboro for making cigarettes.
10) In Washington, the members of both the House and Senate are suing their constituents for voting dumb asses into office.
Top 10 bonus) DanaRhea is suing every person in the world. Why? Because, after reading the link in the OP, he knows he can.
Last edited by danarhea; 02-20-09 at 02:48 PM.
The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016
Number 10 is definitely going to win that case. Bastards!
You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo
Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville