Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 173

Thread: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

  1. #41
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,688

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Damn... Leave it to the damn news to promote racism.
    I can't believe something like this would not get caught by filters! Leave it to the damn news to create the damn racism.

    New York Post Chimp Cartoon Compares Stimulus Author To Dead Primate
    A cartoon likening the author of the stimulus bill, perhaps President Barack Obama, with a rabid chimpanzee graced the pages of the New York Post on Wednesday.

    The drawing, from famed cartoonist Sean Delonas, is rife with violent imagery and racial undertones. In it, two befuddled-looking police officers holding guns look over the dead and bleeding chimpanzee that attacked a woman in Stamford, Connecticut.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  2. #42
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:10 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,867
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Damn... Leave it to the damn news to promote racism.
    I can't believe something like this would not get caught by filters! Leave it to the damn news to create the damn racism.

    New York Post Chimp Cartoon Compares Stimulus Author To Dead Primate
    I heard it wasn't aimed at Obama.
    Pelosi wrote the bill.
    I see a likeness in the cartoon. He should have given the ape a pearl necklace and bug eyes, then there would have been less confusion for the race baitors.

    I was waiting for something like this to happen.
    Bush and Condi had their ape-toons (it was Steve Bell's staple and regularly used by others), and I was wondering what would happen if someone decided to portray Obama as Bush and Condi had been.

    Even though the toon is not aimed at Obama... now we know. (Not surprising)
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-19-09 at 01:01 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #43
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    There's already another thread on the cartoon, try to keep discussion there.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #44
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,688

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    There's already another thread on the cartoon, try to keep discussion there.
    I haven't seen that thread and just came across the cartoon for the first time. I didn't think it through to realize that Polosi wrote it either and fell for it.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  5. #45
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:10 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,867
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I haven't seen that thread and just came across the cartoon for the first time. I didn't think it through to realize that Polosi wrote it either and fell for it.
    The following might have helped squelch the furor. Bug eyes, pearl necklace, huge eyelashes.

    It simply couldn't be Obama.
    Forensic cartoon analysis has revealed the ears in a typical Obama cartoon are about equivalent to the size of his head. A reduction of 14.87% from real life. The Obama ears have been marked with a dashed line, and it's plain to see... this could in no way be misconstrued as an Obama likeness.

    Last edited by zimmer; 02-19-09 at 01:46 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #46
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,688

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The following might have helped squelch the furor. Bug eyes, pearl necklace, huge eyelashes.

    It simply couldn't be Obama.
    Forensic cartoon analysis has revealed the ears in a typical Obama cartoon are about equivalent to the size of his head. A reduction of 14.87% from real life. The Obama ears have been marked with a dashed line, and it's plain to see... this could in no way be misconstrued as an Obama likeness.

    Obama's wife wears a lot of necklaces and girls have long eye lashes. I wonder if that was their intention? Or maybe its just a pissed off looking girl monkey with a necklace on. I dunno what that is from.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #47
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,700

    Re: Attorney General Trashes Americans as "Cowards"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Why should it even be an issue? Why is race something that needs to be discussed at all? I suppose every time I converse with Hatuey I'll be sure to remind him of his blackness and how it informs the issues we are discussing.
    ....anytime cracka....wait....aww ****. Not a good start.

    -----------------

    As far as the article goes....since where blogs legitimate sources of news? Or were we suppose to read a blogger's interpretation of what happened before we actually got to the news? Anywho. I don't really care if Obama's guy said people at the JD had a responsibility to advance racial understanding. What? Between all the neo-nazis and black panther's they'll be sending to jail as oppose to well - all the other **** the JD focuses on I'm sure they'll have more then enough time.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-19-09 at 02:01 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  8. #48
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:10 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,867
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Obama's wife wears a lot of necklaces and girls have long eye lashes. I wonder if that was their intention? Or maybe its just a pissed off looking girl monkey with a necklace on. I dunno what that is from.
    This is more like the Obama most know.
    Inspired because Maureen Dowd noted his Dumbo sized ears and then wrote a little about them.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #49
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    42,733

    Re: Attorney General Trashes Americans as "Cowards"

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You have a nice simile. Who's your dentist?
    You may not need to know this, but pretty much all of your jokes would have worked perfectly if not for the smiley you immediately follow them up with. You make the jokes so obvious and belabored that anybody who laughed at them feel like douchebags for doing so. But if that was your intention all along, then, well, bravo.

  10. #50
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    42,733

    Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    This is more like the Obama most know.
    Inspired because Maureen Dowd noted his Dumbo sized ears and then wrote a little about them.
    Oh, and Zimmer, I've been "following" your wit since you were on Wetcanvas.com, and I can assure you that you can save yourself the energy of signing, dating and copyrighting every single one of your drawings. Your work, I can assure you, was never in any danger of being stolen.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •