Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 223

Thread: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    No.
    You are wrong because you are stating an opinion that has no factual basis (without caveats) as fact.
    It is not murder in our society.
    Human life begins at conception. Not an opinion. No caveats.

    Murder is the wilful termination of human life without just cause. Personal convenience is not a just cause. Practical working definition, no caveats.

    Abortion is the wilful termination of human life without just cause. Definition. No caveats.

    Abortion is therefore murder. Logical conclusion.

    Like I said, people who support the murder of babies are wrong. People who have to warp and distort logic to argue that it isn't wrong are warped and distorted. And wrong.

    It's easy being perfect. I'd say you should try it, but there's only one of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    The Church in this regards should make exceptions because it would be foolish of them to try and force their viewpoint, through a member of their Church, on a voting public who hold an opposite view. That is just wrong.
    The Church claims to get it's directions from God.

    All Churches do.

    So you're arguing that God should change his mind....differently, in every Congressional district....to suit the whims of the voters of that district.

    That it an interesting idea...if you're trying to create a jellyfish church.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    As far as I am concerned a Catholic who intends to disregard their constituency and vote on issues based on their catholic beliefs, need not run for, or hold, any public office, unless elected on that platform.
    Okay, I'm fine with that.

    Don't complain if a church kicks a politician out. It's their club, not the politicians. The members follow the rules, or they get booted, if that's what the rules of the club say.

    You got a problem with that?

    It's clear Pelosi isn't a real catholic, so she should either change the way she votes, or find the ovaries to formally leave the Church.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Please show me where the Bible says the Pope is infallible.
    Ask a Catholic that cares. I'm an atheist. I merely repeated what's needed to be an RC.

    The Pope is God's Right Hand Man on Earth. You don't agree? Argue it with someone that does.

    God's right hand man can't make mistakes, though.

    Anyhooo, if Nancy doesn't want to live like a catholic, there's no one locking the doors of the church to keep her in.

    That's pretty straightforward, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Not at all funny.
    The Catholic church is making up rules that the Bible doesn't support.
    Can they do it? Sure they can. Is it right? Nope! Not one bit.
    That is an abuse of power.
    That makes the Catholic Church....exactly like every other self-proclaimed "Christian" religion on earth. You got a problem with that? Take it up with someone that cares.

    It's really not relevant to the topic that Nancy doesn't have to be a Catholic if she doesn't want to be, and the Church isn't required to let her in if she refuses to obey their rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Not a democratic one, but in it's own right, it is.
    Knew you were going to say that.

    Doesn't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    I said it isn't, because it isn't.

    I said it is.

    I invented it.

    I laid it out for all to see.

    Can't help it if you can't see the simplest of metaphors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    To equate a sporting team in a sporting event where the outcome of a players conduct of not following the rules and greatly effects the outcome of who wins or looses is "imprecise and inapplicable".
    It's precise and perfectly applicable.

    If Pelosi ran as a real Catholic, ie, promising that her firmly held religious beliefs would guide her votes in the House, she wouldn't have been elected. Therefore her false use of the "Catholic Label" greatly affected the outcome of the elections she ran in and thus fraudulently affected the outcome, just as if ole Nancy was catching that ball on the soccer field illegally.


    Instead of running as a real catholic, she ran as a baby-murdering tax-and-spend liberal socialist "catholic" with corporate donor owners. Her "catholic" label meant nothing.

    If the people that own the label object to her use of it, charging false representation, and revoke her privilege to use that label by revoking her privilege to attend their churches, until such time as she convincingly demonstrates to them her true repentance, that's their right to do so. Under the First Amendment, it's illegal for the Congress to make laws infringing that freedom.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    This isn't a game or a sporting event, is it?
    Absolutely.

    The stakes are life, death, wealth, poverty, freedom, slavery, happiness, and despair.

    It's the most exciting game on the planet.

    You play it, or you wouldn't be posting here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    The fans didn't elect the player to represent them, did they?
    Her fans did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    What Pelosi does or doesn't doas an elected official doesn't equate in a win or a loss like it does in a sporting event, does it?
    No.

    The Roman gladiators put their own lives on the line.

    When Pelosi plays, she helps to kill millions and millions of unborn babies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Yes, your analogy/comparison has no bearing on said subject.
    You only say that because you know you're not telling the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"][I]But hey, since you used it the sporting team analogy - most players are not kicked of the team for not following the rules. Get the drift why your analogy doesn't have any bearing?
    You mean sporting teams are almost as corrupt as the Catholic Church?

    Oh, I'm just SHOCKED! I tell you SHOCKED!!!!



    But when it comes to corruption, the Roman Catholic Church is a little league team compared to the Most Mighty and Awesome Major League Democrat Party, though. I'm sure you can't disagree honestly with that.

    I mean...the RC had a Borgia Pope here and there....the Democrats have Bill and Hillary and Obama and Harry and Nancy and William Jefferson and all the rest. Can't pick up a Democrat without the corruption getting your fingers all slimy.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"][I]If it is irrelevant (and there is no need to scream), then there was no reason to mention it in the first place.
    It's relevant because it's what the Catholic Church teaches.

    That it's not supported in the Magic Book doesn't have any bearing.

    Pelosi is claiming to be a Catholic, that means she's agreeing the pope is the Dude!

    It's really not all that complicated when looks at the issues honestly with a desire to reach the truth.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    By not making adultery illegal, you are cooperating with that sin. THAT is against church teachings. No way out of that one.
    By not doing something it's doing something? Not the same thing, dear.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Sorry you are confused.

    Pelosi isn't following the rules so to say, and as the Bible is the rule book so to say, then the Church isn't following it either, but makes up rules as it deems fit. Hypocrisy.
    If the Bible is a rulebook, and there are disagreements as to the rules--whose YOUR coach? You can't claim the Holy Spirit guides your understanding, because that is who supposedly coaches all those other denominations that you don't agree with. When there is no authority, there is chaos. That's why Jesus gave the keys to the Kingdom and the power of binding and loosing to the Church he established. Those are Jewish concepts that relate directly to authoritative power guided by supernatural means.


    Why don't you tell me.
    I just did. Do you know your Bible? the verse should sound familiar--I'll give you a hint, it's in the Gospels.

    Please, supply away.
    I did.

    You tell me.
    Just did

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    By not doing something it's doing something? Not the same thing, dear.
    That is the logic you are using. Pelosi hasn't gotten an abortion nor has she encouraged people to get abortions. So to you, doing nothing is doing something. Make up your mind.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That is the logic you are using. Pelosi hasn't gotten an abortion nor has she encouraged people to get abortions. So to you, doing nothing is doing something. Make up your mind.
    Nancy Pelosi on the Issues
    Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
    Voted YES on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
    Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
    Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
    Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save motherís life. (Oct 2003)
    Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)
    Voted NO on funding for health providers who don't provide abortion info. (Sep 2002)
    Voted NO on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
    Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
    Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
    Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)
    Rated 100% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003)
    Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
    Protect the reproductive rights of women. (Jan 1993)
    Supported funding contraception and UN family planning. (Jul 1999)
    That is material support for procuring abortions.

  7. #157
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Abortion is therefore murder. Logical conclusion.
    An illogical conclusion based on opinion.
    The beginnings of a human life of course begin at conception, but is not a human life in and of it's self.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Like I said, people who support the murder of babies are wrong. People who have to warp and distort logic to argue that it isn't wrong are warped and distorted. And wrong.
    Considering your warped logical leap that a group of cells that only have the possibility to become a human life if not interfered with... is in fact a human life.
    You are wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So you're arguing that God should change his mind....differently, in every Congressional district....to suit the whims of the voters of that district.
    No, I am arguing that the Church should understand that some of it's followers would end up in political positions, sometimes representing a majority of non-Catholics and when this happens the politician should not be held liable for not imposing the Catholic beliefs on their constituency, when the constituency doesn't want them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Don't complain if a church kicks a politician out. It's their club, not the politicians. The members follow the rules, or they get booted, if that's what the rules of the club say.

    You got a problem with that?
    I have no problem with that.
    But it doesn't stop me from commenting on how wrong it is for a Church to try and force it's beliefs on those who do not hold the same.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    It's clear Pelosi isn't a real catholic, so she should either change the way she votes, or find the ovaries to formally leave the Church.
    Real Catholic?
    That must be a joke, right?



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The Pope is God's Right Hand Man on Earth. You don't agree? Argue it with someone that does.
    Then why even make the comment in the first place?


    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    That makes the Catholic Church....exactly like every other self-proclaimed "Christian" religion on earth.
    You were arguing that position. I simply stated that it is an abuse of power.
    Glad we can agree.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Knew you were going to say that.

    Doesn't matter.
    Really?
    Then why did you say it in the first place?



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    It's precise and perfectly applicable.
    No, it truly isn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Absolutely.

    The stakes are life, death, wealth, poverty, freedom, slavery, happiness, and despair.
    No it isn't.
    The rest is just hyperbole.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Her fans did.
    And again, not the same thing.
    And just another reason your analogy doesn't fit.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    When Pelosi plays, she helps to kill millions and millions of unborn babies.
    If your opinion was correct I would agree with you, unfortunately for you it isn't, so what you say above is nothing but hyperbole.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You only say that because you know you're not telling the truth.
    No, 'you' only say that because you know you are not telling the truth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You only say that because you know you're not telling the truth.I'm sure you can't disagree honestly with that.
    I am not just sure that I could, I know I could, but why should I?
    I don't like the democratic party.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    That is material support for procuring abortions.
    Supporting the legality or choice of something is not the same as supporting it.

    Adultery is legal, so does that mean you support it?

    I know many people that support the choice for OTHERS to have an abortion, but they themselves would never have one.

    That is not pro-abortion, that is pro-choice.

  9. #159
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    You can't claim the Holy Spirit guides your understanding, because that is who supposedly coaches all those other denominations that you don't agree with.
    I most certainly could claim it.
    I could even claim that Jesus is my guide.

    But to me this is exactly what makes all Christian religions hokey.



    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    When there is no authority, there is chaos.
    This is a given, is it not?


    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    That's why Jesus gave the keys to the Kingdom and the power of binding and loosing to the Church he established.
    That is an opinion based on interpretation. Nothing more.


    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Those are Jewish concepts that relate directly to authoritative power guided by supernatural means.
    This really is a subject that deserves it's own thread.
    Presently, I have not the time to give this comment proper attention.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post

    That is an opinion based on interpretation. Nothing more.
    Look them up in the Jewish Encyclopedia to understand the historical context of Jesus uttering such a radical thing to Peter. It's very clear what Jesus meant.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •