Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 223

Thread: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If she claims to be Catholic, what is she doing in a Gay Pride parade?
    She was probably there at the invitation of her priest.

    Lookit people, there's two things going on here.

    Pelosi was elected by a constituency that thinks it's okay to murder babies.

    Pelosi has chosen to be a member of a church that says it's not okay to murder babies.

    Pelosi has the freedom to support either position.

    The people that elect her have the freedom to support her based on her positions.

    The Church has the freedom to say "Nancy, you voted to kill more babies. We can't grant you communion or penance for that sin until you've repented from that sin. Nor do we consider you a member of our congregation until such repentance has been shown. Please leave."

    That last part is the one that gives the people that want the babies murdered so much trouble. They've no qualms against babbling incessanly and insanely about a woman's "body", a woman's "choice", even though it's the baby's body being murdered, and the baby's got no choice....but let a little church impose some rules and expect the people who want to be in that church to conform, and suddenly these people are all over the place screaming about "separation of church and state" and other things they can't understand.

    The state can't impose on the church. The "wall of separation" is clearly a one-way mirror, because the church has the freedom to tell it's miscreants to behave, no matter who they are.

    The church should publicly ex-communicate all pro-abortion politicians (and priests and nuns).

    If Nancy can't obey the orders of the Catholic church, she's not a catholic. That's not hard to understand, is it?

    I mean, let's put it a different way. Say Nancy joined a soccer team. But she insisted on catching the ball with her hands and throwing it, but she's not the goalie. How many of you people complaining about the church would demand she be kept on that soccer team? Hmmmm?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 03-04-09 at 07:51 PM.

  2. #132
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Pelosi was elected by a constituency that thinks it's okay to murder babies.
    No.
    A more accurate description would be: She was elected by a constituency with a majority that believes abortion is ok and isn't murder.




    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    That last part is the one that gives the people that want the babies murdered so much trouble. They've no qualms against babbling incessanly and insanely about a woman's "body", a woman's "choice", even though it's the baby's body being murdered, and the baby's got no choice....but let a little church impose some rules and expect the people who want to be in that church to conform, and suddenly these people are all over the place screaming about "separation of church and state" and other things they can't understand.
    Wow!
    The only uproar is in the Catholic Church trying to usurp control of an elected official over that of it's constituency.
    If you don't have a problem with that, then something is seriously wrong.




    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    If Nancy can't obey the orders of the Catholic church, she's not a catholic. That's not hard to understand, is it?

    Not at all hard to understand.
    Yet I do not believe the Church has any authority even within it's own church to declare abortion wrong/murder, or anything else other than how the Bible regards an unborn. Doing so is an abuse of power.




    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I mean, let's put it a different way. Say Nancy joined a soccer team. But she insisted on catching the ball with her hands and throwing it, but she's not the goalie. How many of you people complaining about the church would demand she be kept on that soccer team? Hmmmm?
    Hmmmm, is right.
    An analogy that has no bearing on said subject.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    No.
    A more accurate description would be: She was elected by a constituency with a majority that believes abortion is ok and isn't murder.
    The MOST accurate description of people that can vote for Pelosi isn't allowed on this board.

    An accurate description of their belief about abortion is that they're wrong.

    They voted for Pelosi, so it can't come as a surprise.

    Do you think it's just dandy for a woman to murder her baby?

    I don't.

    That's because I'm not wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Wow!
    The only uproar is in the Catholic Church trying to usurp control of an elected official over that of it's constituency.
    If you don't have a problem with that, then something is seriously wrong.
    I have no problem with that.

    Religion is bunk.

    If Pelosi really really is a Catholic, then she has to ACT like one. Jesus didn't like the Hypocrites, the people who prayed most piously in public.

    I don't like hypocrites either. Catholicism teaches not only that abortion is murder, but that every sperm is sacred and that birth control is reprehensible therefore. Since Pelosi doesn't have 17 kids, as my grandmother did, she's either a lesbian...and thus not a catholic, she's cutting her husband off, and thus not a catholic, or she practiced some form of contraceptive birth control or other forms of sex that don't run the risk of sperm meeting egg, and thus not catholic, or she's sterile or very infertile.

    The chances of that latter are fairly slim.

    Given her public behaviors, Nancy's just a hypocrite.

    Fits.

    She's a Democrat.

    But ALL politicians have to make a choice between what their faith is, and what their political interests are. If the two don't lay on the same path, they shouldn't claim to be a member of a religion when they don't obey the religion.

    That's not difficult, is it?

    I don't hold that Mohammed is Allah's profit, so I don't claim to be a muslim.

    Pelosi doesn't hold to the doctrine of the infallibility of the Pope...why should her claims to be a catholic be accepted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    Not at all hard to understand.
    No. Not hard to understand at all.

    If she walks instead of dribbling, she's off the basketball team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post

    Yet I do not believe the Church has any authority even within it's own church to declare abortion wrong/murder, or anything else other than how the Bible regards an unborn. Doing so is an abuse of power.
    OF COURSE the Church has the authority to define it's moral boundaries for it's members....it's what the church exists to do.

    "Abuse of power"? That's funny. The Church will claim to draw it's power from God, and who are you to say otherwise? It's not a political body, you know.

    (That there isn't any god isn't relevant to this discussion, I'm discussing the viewpoint of the church.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Hmmmm, is right.
    An analogy that has no bearing on said subject.
    Oh it CAN'T POSSIBLY have any bearing.

    Because it's precise, it fits, and you can't refute it.

    So naturally you have to say it's imprecise and inapplicable.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 03-04-09 at 08:40 PM.

  4. #134
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    That's because I'm not wrong.
    No.
    You are wrong because you are stating an opinion that has no factual basis (without caveats) as fact.
    It is not murder in our society.




    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    But ALL politicians have to make a choice between what their faith is, and what their political interests are. If the two don't lay on the same path, they shouldn't claim to be a member of a religion when they don't obey the religion.
    The Church in this regards should make exceptions because it would be foolish of them to try and force their viewpoint, through a member of their Church, on a voting public who hold an opposite view. That is just wrong.
    As far as I am concerned a Catholic who intends to disregard their constituency and vote on issues based on their catholic beliefs, need not run for, or hold, any public office, unless elected on that platform.




    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Pelosi doesn't hold to the doctrine of the infallibility of the Pope...why should her claims to be a catholic be accepted?
    Please show me where the Bible says the Pope is infallible.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    "Abuse of power"? That's funny. The Church will claim to draw it's power from God, and who are you to say otherwise?
    Not at all funny.
    The Catholic church is making up rules that the Bible doesn't support.
    Can they do it? Sure they can. Is it right? Nope! Not one bit.
    That is an abuse of power.




    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    It's not a political body, you know.
    Not a democratic one, but in it's own right, it is.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Oh it CAN'T POSSIBLY have any bearing.

    Because it's precise, it fits, and you can't refute it.

    So naturally you have to say it's imprecise and inapplicable.
    I said it isn't, because it isn't.
    To equate a sporting team in a sporting event where the outcome of a players conduct of not following the rules and greatly effects the outcome of who wins or looses is "imprecise and inapplicable".
    This isn't a game or a sporting event, is it?
    The fans didn't elect the player to represent them, did they?
    What Pelosi does or doesn't doas an elected official doesn't equate in a win or a loss like it does in a sporting event, does it?
    Yes, your analogy/comparison has no bearing on said subject.

    But hey, since you used it the sporting team analogy - most players are not kicked of the team for not following the rules. Get the drift why your analogy doesn't have any bearing?


    Hey, it's not like I don't understand what you are trying to convey... rules are rules.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Pelosi can choose NOT to be Catholic if it cramps her political style.

    Ahhhh...but it doesn't. She likes the "uninformed Catholic voter" who sees her photo-op at the cathedral and thinks ..."oh...she's one of us!" twits.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Please show me where the Bible says the Pope is infallible.
    It's IRRELEVANT. The Catholic Church holds it to be true and she claims to be Catholic but basically tells the pope to stuff-it. She claims to be Catholic, but repeatedly demonstrates she doesn't believe what the Catholic religion teaches.
    Last edited by Felicity; 03-04-09 at 11:04 PM.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post

    But hey, since you used it the sporting team analogy - most players are not kicked of the team for not following the rules.
    No--they get kicked off for not listening to the coach.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    As somebody who opposes Catholicism I would love to pick on Felicity and play on her difference from Pelosi and both of them claiming to be Catholics. But then I would fall into my own trap. If Pelosi is a Catholic; and Wright and Obama are Christians, - then who is Felicity and who am I?


    That’s why I have to stick side by side with my enemy Felicity. If she looses, then I loose. I wish she would be able to stand by me in the same way…


    YouTube - John Lennon stand by me

  9. #139
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    It's IRRELEVANT. The Catholic Church holds it to be true and she claims to be Catholic but basically tells the pope to stuff-it. She claims to be Catholic, but repeatedly demonstrates she doesn't believe what the Catholic religion teaches.
    If it is irrelevant (and there is no need to scream), then there was no reason to mention it in the first place.
    But since it was, then we all know that the Bible says no such thing.

    Imho, for any religion that is based on the Bible to advocate something the Bible doesn't say, is, well, ridiculous.
    It also speaks volumes to me as to the accuracy of any claim of being the one true faith, let alone an accurate faith in the message the Bible conveys.



    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    No--they get kicked off for not listening to the coach.
    Seldomly, if at all, especially for one infraction.
    Which further illustrates the point that it was a bad analogy/comparison.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope to US Speaker Pelosi: Reject abortion support

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post

    (and there is no need to scream),
    THAT'S funny coming from a guy who makes other posters have to do extra formatting to reply to his posts because he's such a "coolguy."

    But you'd been told repeatedly, and will be again...


    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"][I]If it is irrelevant then there was no reason to mention it in the first place.
    But since it was, then we all know that the Bible says no such thing.[/quote] That doesn't even make sense.

    Imho, for any religion that is based on the Bible to advocate something the Bible doesn't say, is, well, ridiculous.
    If you do hold the Bible as an authority, upon what authority do you consider the books of the Bible to be the word of God, rather than the myriad other "gospel" texts with historical significance?

    Further--there is Biblical evidence of an authoritative hierarchical Church protected by the Holy Spirit. I'd be happy to supply that for you, but it's actually not relevant to the speaker's current stupidity.


    It also speaks volumes to me as to the accuracy of any claim of being the one true faith, let alone an accurate faith in the message the Bible conveys.
    Hey, coolguy...why not "the Gospel of Thomas" hmmmmmm?


    Seldomly, if at all, especially for one infraction.
    Which further illustrates the point that it was a bad analogy/comparison.
    Speaker Pelosi has not been excommunicated by the Vatican....yet.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •