Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 346

Thread: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The theocratical sects of Islamic populations are not in discussion here.
    So basically we can only discuss Islam without discussing every single solitary mainstream branch of Islam? Are you serious? It's one thing to say don't quote the Koran or the Hadiths because they are subject to interpretation but you are expecting us to have a serious discussion of Islam without discussing Islam itself so now not only is fringe Islam as preached by the likes of Bin Laden, Qutb, and Wahhab not allowed, not only is preaching directly from their holy texts not allowed, but now we are not even allowed to bring up the mainstream interpretations of all 5 major Islamic sects. You apologists never cease to amaze.

    Countries like Saudi Arabia are that way, because the religious are in control of the courts and laws and so forth. There are plenty of Christians who would love nothing more then some of the rules in Saudi Arabia and other places if they had the power.
    Excuse me sir but once again what mainstream Christian sect calls for such things? Protestanism? Catholicism? Eastern Orthodox? The answer is that no mainstream organization calls for anything remotely like the rules in Saudi Arabia; whereas, every single mainstream Islamic sect calls exactly for the rules like in Saudi Arabia.

    I cannot stress this enough. Religion of all stripes but especially Islam is a tool for extremism, not the be all, and end all factor. One has to take all circumstances into account. Geo-Political, Historical and economical.
    I cannot stress this enough, those things which I listed are not extremist positions within Islam, they are the only positions within Islam and the only interpretations held by all 5 schools of Islamic dogma.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Now hold there whilst I go murder my next door neighbours for daring to put a cross on their front door. I mean, how dare they?! Everyone know Islam is the most superior religion in the world.
    And yet if they were apostates from Islam all five major sects of Islam say that they should in fact be killed.

  3. #83
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    They now have Islamists in charge.
    lol

    Oh and nice generalization of 1.2 billion people.
    Now hold there whilst I go murder my next door neighbours for daring to put a cross on their front door. I mean, how dare they?! Everyone know Islam is the most superior religion in the world.
    If a religion, political system, organization, etc. draws its identity and doctrines from a written document, you can then define moderates, goofys, etc in relation to their documented beliefs, etc. The Christian reformation occurred because Martin Luther (NOT the other dude) pointed out where the Catholic church of the time was getting outta line with the Bible. The source documents for Christianity do not support violence to spread the faith and so it can be used to knock down and police the crazed fanatic.

    Islam at its root supports and encourages violent evangelism....and you say, why??? Because it is a religious document, not some political manifesto, it is NOT subject to revision. For that reason, any Muslim restructuring or rectification would bring them more in line with their 7th Century violent expansion, not freedom of expression, religion, gender equality, etc.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    And yet if they were apostates from Islam all five major sects of Islam say that they should in fact be killed.
    Well because you said it, it must be true. I need to add them to my list of those to kill.
    They are just above Pagans but below Jews. Imagine that

    The Qu'ran forbids me to kill others and even if it didn't, Allah said there would be everlasting hell for those who take a innocent persons life.
    I value myself too much to kill someone to be punished by God on Judgement day.


  5. #85
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Islam at its root supports and encourages violent evangelism....and you say, why??? Because it is a religious document, not some political manifesto, it is NOT subject to revision. For that reason, any Muslim restructuring or rectification would bring them more in line with their 7th Century violent expansion, not freedom of expression, religion, gender equality, etc.
    Yup, you know to be quiet over Somalia because you know jack ****.

    Heh, which is why all 1.2billion of us Muslims kill people.
    If all of us was violent, there is no army big enough in this world to stop us


  6. #86
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,952

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    I have had the privilege of having several Muslim friends. None of them were violent, none of them even tried to proselytize me. In fact, as a kid I had a Muslim baby sitter. As a child I thought her elaborate prayer mat was like a toy car mat (and I played with toy cars on it). She did hit me, or cut of my hand, or even scold me. She just told me not to play on that and gave me candy. We also sang a Christian song to her because we knew she loved singing, and she loved it and didn't kill anyone. I had a Muslim lab partner this semester. She wasn't violent, she never threatened to kill me or anyone else. To all of you who say Muslims and their religion are blatantly violent, have you ever personally come across a violent Muslim or even one that tried to convert you?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #87
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Yup, you know to be quiet over Somalia because you know jack ****.

    Heh, which is why all 1.2billion of us Muslims kill people.
    If all of us was violent, there is no army big enough in this world to stop us
    Everywhere in this world that Islam comes into contact with any other religion, there is war. While there has been conflict in the past, today, Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists tend to get along fine. Meanwhile, Buddhists and Muslims fight in southern Thailand. Jews and Muslims fight in Israel and the greater middle east. Hindus and Muslims fight on the India/Pakistan border, Catholics and Muslims fight in the southern Phillipines. Other Christians and Muslims fight so many places we couldn't list them all.

    This is very true of Islam. It's not the whole world that has a problem with Islam. Islam has a problem with the whole world.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Everywhere in this world that Islam comes into contact with any other religion, there is war.
    Politics is at play 90% of the time.

    Next reason to hate Muslims is ... ?


  9. #89
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Why is it that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, something in us (a sense of fairness) wants to call it a giraffe?

    This is an ironic story and gives me second thoughts about the mosque near ground zero. But for the grace of Allah, there goes Mr. Hassan. I think our police departments need some catch-up training regarding these very serious "righteous" murders.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #90
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Please do not use my name as a shield.
    I think you have changed ... alot.
    You are right Laila, I have changed alot since that quote. I am absolutely convinced that Islam is a backward twisted evil idology that must be defeated if it takes a thousand years.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •